Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

WINNERS HAVE BEEN POSTED! THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED! by booklover789

Based on Click to view
Artist booklover789 [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

WINNERS HAVE BEEN POSTED! THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED!

Postby booklover789 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks to Orchard Sprigs for moving this from "colored in" to "competitions". I am forever grateful. :D

All rights to Applejack, who did the lines. :) Thanks for lettin' me use 'em!

WINNERS!

First - A tie! Silent Melody/Quiet Stanza by iSquid, Akila by aGpuppy, and Inky Heartswell by Pinkie Pie.
iSquid, I absolutely loved Silent Melody/Quiet Stanza. Unfortunately, I loved both of the names you gave her, and I have not yet decided what her name will be. :) I love the color combinations you used, and that's saying something, because I generally dislike neon colors. ;) I ADORE her cutie mark. It's so well-drawn and amazing! The design on her leg is also very pretty.
aGpuppy (I ALWAYS misspell your username! WHY?! :lol: ), I quite loved Akila. I really do love Egypt, so seeing that personified (or 'ponyfied' :lol: ) in this character was perfect. Your background was simple, but nice. The painstakingly clear detail you added in on this pony amazed me, and I think it looks perfect. (Particularly the color and texture of her body.) :) The cutie mark reminds me of one of my favorite movies, which is The Mummy. (If you've watched it, you know why the cutie mark reminds me of it. ;) ) Akila's beautiful eyes look perfect, and the eyelashes really add to that Egyptian feel. Akila's long flowing hair really adds beauty to the piece, and it's just amazing.
Pinkie Pie, I loved Inky for a couple reasons. The first and most important is the idea of that quill pen. I didn't list it in my preferences, but I enjoy quill pens. I don't enjoy using them, mind you. But I do LOVE the sound they make, and the way they look. They're very difficult to write with, so a pony who can use them must be a talented writer.
Secondly, I love the cutie mark. :) It's just perfect. A tiny scroll with a ribbon around it. It looks great!
Lastly, her design. The pale green is something I do not really like, but added with just a slight shade of darker green, I do like it. :) And, as another bonus, you put the green in moderately, which I also enjoy.

I will be using all three of your ponies as some of my pony characters. Congrats!

Second - Another tie! Apolinaria by WolfDreams, Andromeda/Cassiopia by aGpuppy, Athena by aGpuppy, Penelope by mokaaono and Rosaline by Dawnbreeze10210.
WolfDreams, I really enjoyed your entry. The simple and light colors you used are very nice. :) I loved how you drew your own lines; the eye turned out perfectly. :) The cutie mark is very nice (as I do prefer treble to bass), and the harp is extremely well-drawn. I ADORE the magic around her horn, as it's a special touch to the piece.
The only reason you did not tie for first was simply because of the description. Your pony was very nice and sweet, but I am not a whole lot like her. I enjoy music, but I do not play any instruments. ;) And if this pony is really, truly supposed to be like me, it should be as close to my personality as possible. :)
But I did love the fact that you did your own lines, and the colors you used, and how well it was drawn and colored. So...you ended up tied for second.

aGpuppy (with Athena), I LOVE the color combination you used for her body and hair. It just looks so perfect! Her cutie mark is very nice, and I ADORE the "magic" around her horn.
The only reason you did not tie for first with this particular entry is that Athena (in greek mythology) embodies wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just (or right; not evil) warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. I am not so good at arts and crafts. X) And....civilization doesn't really appeal to me, nor does mathematics. And I'm not that strategic.
It wasn't that your entry had anything wrong with it. It was simply that I am not really a lot like Athena. :)
But I do love the colors, and practically everything about it. So you tied for second as well.

mokaaono, I love the fact that you did your own lines. X) The colors you used are simply beautiful, and even though I didn't like the background, I think your drawing is awesome. The blue and silver go well together, and the glasses are adorable.
The only reason you did not place higher in this competition is the eyes, cutie mark, and tail. The cutie mark, while simple, doesn't really add up. The spyglass should be reflecting the paper underneath, which it's not. And the tail is just...not up to par. It's okay. But it's a little too fluffy and flowing for my taste. The eyes are a little creepy, with no irises. O.o But I do love the shading you gave them.
And I do love most everything about your entry, which is why you tied for second.

Dawnbreeze10210, I ADORE the design you used on the legs. It's just so simple and elegant. The colors you used were very nice (as I do love blue). The cutie mark is very well drawn, and I loved how it looked.
The only reason you did not tie for first is the simple fact that I do not enjoy acting. Especially acting out fairy tales.
But I DO enjoy her design, and I do LOVE fairy tales. And that's why you are one of the people to tie for second.

All of your designs will be used by me as some minor characters.
Congrats on being tied for second! :)

Third - Bluebottom by CookieRabbit.
CookieRabbit, I adore these lines! :D They're stunning and clean, and they just look so cute. :) The coloring is very well done, and the original idea for the cutie mark was pretty neat.
The only reason you did not receive first or second is one simple fact: I don't really like blueberries. Never have, and I probably never will. The texture grosses me out a little too much to enjoy their flavor. X(
But the coloring and lines are spectacular, which is exactly why you got third.

I will not be using your design. Feel free to use it as you wish. :) But...I will keep a copy of it here in this contest to remind myself of your amazing drawing skills. :D But don't worry. I'll give you plenty of credit.

Special Mentions - Midnight Flower by Griffin111, Midnight Beat by .inigo. , and Starlit Wonders by Blazer.Peppermint !
Griffin111, I absolutely loved the idea of a crown of thorns as a bracelet. :) I would've never thought of that on my own. I love indigo, so you chose the perfect color for your pony. I also love the cutie mark.
I will be using your entry as one of my minor characters.
You did not place higher simply because of entries that were more impressive than yours. :) I'm sorry you did not win, but I will still be using your design, and you will recieve pets from me.
Thank you very much for entering.

.inigo. , I actually very much enjoyed your pony. The pale blue and orange colors are very pretty, and go well together. I ADORE the cutie mark. I would've never thought of a literal translation of the phrase, "Just burn it onto a CD!"
The only reason you did not place higher is because there were other entries more impressive and better matched my personality than yours did. I'm sorry you didn't win, but I will still send you some pets for being in the Special Mentions. No, I will most likely not use your design. But I might just use the cutie mark. :)

Blazer.Peppermint, I very much liked your entry. The colors go spectacularly together, and the golden color of the mane and tail were simply beautiful. I loved the stripe down the center of the face, and the speckles on her flank.
The only reason you did not place higher is because there were other designs that were more impressive and better matched my personality than yours did. And even though you did not win, I will still be using your entry as a minor character of mine. :) You will receive pets from me.

Entries Eligable for Winning
Euterpe
Musical Melody
Sherlock

Hello everyone! I am looking for a My Little Pony character to call my own, but I need some help with the design. And...the name.

For some help, I have made a list of the things I do and don't like.
Reading - Anything but horror and romance!
Writing
Listening to Music - Anything but metal (Death, Hair, Scream, etc.).
Watching Movies - Action and Comedy are my favorites.
Christian Stuff - Crosses, Crown of Thorns, etc.
Self Defence
Sign Language
Chipmunks - Simon and Jeanette are my two favorites.
Alicorns
Fairy Tales - Grimm Brother's and Charles Perrault's
Mythology - Greek, Egyptian, and Roman. (A little bit of Norse Mythology is fine...but I'm not extremely familiar with most of those stories.)
19th Century Murder Mysteries
Any colors not listed in red. :)

Orange - a little of it is okay
Yellow - a very small amount of it is okay
Black - a little of it is okay
Grey - a little of it is okay
Blood/Gore
Violence

Ponies I like and don't like in the TV series:
Princess Luna
Princess Cadence
Shining Armour
Twilight Sparkle
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Sweetie Belle
Scootaloo
Zecora
Queen Chrysalis - I like her as a villian

Nightmare Moon
Snails
Snips
Diamond Tiara
Trixie
Flim and Flam
Discord

(If ponies are not listed here, that means I don't like them, but I don't hate them either. :) Either that or I just forgot to list them. ;) )

Yep. That should give you an idea of what I like and don't like. :)

Pinkie is super excited!
She wants to enter NOW!
But first, some rules.

Rules
1. If you win this contest then I will use your design. - I will give you credit when I use it.

2. No coloring in for fun. - This is a contest, and any drawings colored in here for fun will be reported and deleted.

3. If you want to write a story along with your entry, that's fine with me. - Stories that include why the pony looks the way she does; stories that tell why she was named as she was; and stories that are life-like are my favorites.

4. Name the pony, please! - Please name it something that makes sense with its design or interest!

5. You MUST make the pony a girl. - As I'm a girl, I'd rather my main pony character be the same gender as I am.

6. Quality over Quantity. - It's okay if you enter 6 times, but if you enter 6 times with AWFUL pictures, you won't win. If you enter only once with a spectacular drawing, you'll be more likely to win.

7. If I don't like any of the entries, I will cancel this contest. (Chances are this will not happen, but I am required to warn y'all.)

8. I will only give prizes to those whose entries I liked.

9. Follow the CS rules.

10. This contest will end [strike]July 31st August 3rd.

11. If anyone enters this contest, I would like them to please vote on this. It is a simple and very easy poll; it should take up only a minute of your time.

You wanna break the rules? I'll send Angry Twilight, Angry Fluttershy, Angry Nurse, the Wendigos, and this evil pony after you.
Nah, I won't. But I will report and lock/delete your entry.

Don't wanna listen to me? Well, these ponies broke the rules. You see how they ended up.

Follow the rules? I'll be the happiest pony ever! :D

GIFS found here: http://friendshipismagicgifs.tumblr.com/page/50 [/strike]
Last edited by booklover789 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 51 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mods, please move to "competitions"!

Postby booklover789 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:35 am

Prizes
If your entry is good enough and I think it deserves my pets, I will hand out 6-10 pets for the grand prize/first place. Second place will be 4-6 pets, and third will be 2-3 pets. Unless of course, I think the entries deserve more pets than that. Then I will give out more.
Pets will be taken from any and all of my trade groups. To look at those pets, click "My Pets" under my username on the right hand side of the screen and look for the groups that say "Trading". :D
Last edited by booklover789 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Bump! :D

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:36 am

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:54 am

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby • DEFY THE CAPITOL • » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Posting so that I might enter later! :)

"The game is
coming to its end."

"Our future starts
tomorrow at dawn."

"Snow has to pay
for what he's done."

"Our lives were
never ours. They
belong to Snow,
and our deaths
do too. But if you
kill him, if you
end all of this,
all those deaths
mean something."

"Tonight, turn your
weapons to the
Capitol! Turn your
weapons to Snow!"
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
• DEFY THE CAPITOL •

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinkie Pie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:15 pm

May enter :)
Image Image

Applejack is my BFF!
Pinkie Pie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverCaesura » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:15 am

I think I might give it a try! When it's opened, of course.
SilverCaesura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 pm

╬JesusFreak╬ wrote:
Posting so that I might enter later! :)
Pinkie Pie wrote:May enter :)
AGpuppy>^..^< wrote:I think I might give it a try! When it's opened, of course.

Okay, thanks everyone! I Private Messaged a Mod, so...this hopefully will be moved soon! ;)

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Bump!

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups