Fornax by donkeykong

Based on Click to view
Artist donkeykong [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fornax

Postby donkeykong » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm

So, after having placed second in her contest I am now allowed to be an artist! Whoop! took me a while, but I wanted to familiarize myself with the lines. Anyways, this ones up for adoption. Best short story (under 300 words) wins!

Username- Ƭнɛ Ĵσκɛя
Name for Slink- Fornax
Gender- Male
Story-Fornax breathed a growl as the rest of his pack seemed to watch his movements as he neared their prey. His pack and he had been waiting all week for this night. They had felt it in their blood. The Full Blood Moon would make for enough light to see perfectly, but the risk was also greater of being seen.

Fornax watched carefully as the rest of his pack moved in for the kill. A quick hissing noise from the others told Fornax that it was now time. Leaping from the brush, Fornax jumped upon the prey, tail wrapping around the legs and tripping the creature, before using his talons to rend the creature’s hide. His fellow Slinks stayed back to watch, as this was Fornax’s first hunt. Fornax wrapped his jaws around his prey’s neck and snapped it before nodding to the others.

The three slinks returned to the other two females that had not hunted that night. There had been babies born a few months ago, and the males had only just been given the ok to return. Fornax, being only a second year, still had yet to find and take a mate, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t searching.

Once dinner was done and the remains discarded, Fornax disappeared for a chance to rest. The children made sleeping difficult, and Fornax was always short tempered after a bad night of sleep.

As he reached the top of a small mountain, surrounded in trees, Fornax felt an overwhelming sense of calm. He exhaled deeply before turning his eyes to the stars. The moon was beautiful, clear, and so beautiful, he could have made out the various seas, if he had known what they were.

Closing his eyes, Fornax allowed the night to wash upon him in restful sleep.
Last edited by donkeykong on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
donkeykong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: For Adoption!

Postby Shadow Walker » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:54 am

Actually, you could modify my form or make up your own any way you see fit.

(Also- pretty design. <3)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm not really an active trader. I use my spare pets to order art and whatnot. ^^

-My Characters-
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fawkes-Rinzler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:49 am

Username- Ƭнɛ Ĵσκɛя
Name for Slink- Fornax
Gender- Male
Story-Fornax breathed a growl as the rest of his pack seemed to watch his movements as he neared their prey. His pack and he had been waiting all week for this night. They had felt it in their blood. The Full Blood Moon would make for enough light to see perfectly, but the risk was also greater of being seen.

Fornax watched carefully as the rest of his pack moved in for the kill. A quick hissing noise from the others told Fornax that it was now time. Leaping from the brush, Fornax jumped upon the prey, tail wrapping around the legs and tripping the creature, before using his talons to rend the creature’s hide. His fellow Slinks stayed back to watch, as this was Fornax’s first hunt. Fornax wrapped his jaws around his prey’s neck and snapped it before nodding to the others.

The three slinks returned to the other two females that had not hunted that night. There had been babies born a few months ago, and the males had only just been given the ok to return. Fornax, being only a second year, still had yet to find and take a mate, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t searching.

Once dinner was done and the remains discarded, Fornax disappeared for a chance to rest. The children made sleeping difficult, and Fornax was always short tempered after a bad night of sleep.

As he reached the top of a small mountain, surrounded in trees, Fornax felt an overwhelming sense of calm. He exhaled deeply before turning his eyes to the stars. The moon was beautiful, clear, and so beautiful, he could have made out the various seas, if he had known what they were.

Closing his eyes, Fornax allowed the night to wash upon him in restful sleep.

(Not entirely happy with the story, but it will have to do :/ If i am able to find time to write a different story, I will))
Fawkes-Rinzler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby donkeykong » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

Great story! All yours! :)
donkeykong