Artist Uchuujin [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Contest Entry - FEMALE VERSION

Postby Uchuujin » Sat May 26, 2012 6:09 pm

This is my entry for Wind Song's contest - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1153795

It is inspired by the colors she listed, her love for Japan and elements, as well as her desire for line edits/accessories.

The waves are just done in a Japanese style. The tail is done as a geisha's hair, complete with ornaments. The front half of the horse is inspired by paintings of Japanese cranes.

It is completely 100% possible for this character to have wings if you like (they would be black, grey, and white - like a crane). I didn't want to add those, though, because in this lineart the wings covered up so much of the tail and wave markings.

There is a male version, which is identical but has samurai-inspired hair instead of geisha-inspired hair.

I hope you like it!

I have to ask - I know in your rules it says if this design doesn't win, you still get to keep it. I'm 100% cool with that! But if this design doesn't win and you decide you don't even like it at all, I would really appreciate it if you could return it to me? This isn't a requirement because the character is yours now, but if you just flat out don't like it then returning it would be appreciated :)

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items