Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

This is abuse by Peppah<3

Artist Peppah<3 [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
198 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

This is abuse

Postby Peppah<3 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Many people think nothing of the rounding up of wild horses, people won't bat an eyelid seeing them locked up in pens, ready to be sold. Some people let themselves believe that these horses are going to nice, caring homes. Perhaps some are. But what happens when nobody wants a horse? Where do they go then? Not back to the wild, where they are happiest.

How else do you think dog food is made?

The numbers of wild horses throughout the world are rapidly decreasing, and more and more wild horses are being sold to slaughter and transported across Europe and America cruelly and unfairly.

www.justsaywhoa.org wrote:Often, terrified horses and ponies are crammed together and transported to slaughter in double-deck trucks designed for cattle and pigs. The truck ceilings are so low that the horses are not able to hold their heads in a normal, balanced position. Inappropriate floor surfaces lead to slips and falls, and sometimes even trampling. Some horses arrive at the slaughterhouse seriously injured or dead. Although transportation accidents have largely escaped public scrutiny, several tragic ones involving collapsed upper floors and overturned double-deckers have caused human fatalities as well as suffering and death for the horses.

This occurs especially here in the UK, as most of the wild horses are ponies, and in today's society, I find that not many people want little, scruffy wild ponies, they want sleek, show animals for their children. Also, many people cannot be bothered to train and gain the ponies' trust, as what is the point if they can buy a ready trained animal? Wild ponies are being sold for less than £50 from what I've heard, and those are usually to the slaughter house.
In Britain, from what I know, there are no equine slaughter houses, so horses have to be transported across Europe to the nearest one. Like described above, the travelling conditions are horrendous and the slaughtering itself is very unpleasant. And it's not just horses who suffer from the long distance travelling.

There are several petitions out there to try to stop this abuse, but right now I am too brain dead to attempt to search for them' xD

This is made for the "Does it deserve" Challenge, I think this is a serious issue that needs a lot more awareness, these horses have done nothing wrong at all. They do not deserve this treatment at all. Horses have been alongside man for centuries, they have helped us fight wars, helped us build roads, they helped us transport around by letting us sit on their backs or let us attach them to carriages. Horses are prey animals, we are the ultimate predator, the fact they can even begin to trust us is exceptional. It's like a deer trusting a lion not to hurt it. You wouldn't think it is possible, but I have seen a documentary where a lion actually protects it's prey. Quite exceptional.

So yeah, stop wild horse rounding and cruel long distance travels!

Reference image.

The more I look at the picture the more I hate it, bleh' >.<

EDIT: Just found this on a Facebook group-

Cross posted from another site, please help if at all possible or cross share to highlight awareness, thank you xx

South Wales ponies needing homes

Experienced, loving homes will soon be required for the semi feral ponies. These ponies, ranging from Section A's to D's, mares, mares with foals and stallions are at the moment living wild on a South Wales Common. They have been signed over by their owners and it is planned to round them up and rehome as many as possible. Negotiations are still taking place t...o geld the stallions but if homes are not found, unfortunately they will probably be culled.

It has been proved numerous times, that these ponies can make wonderful riding ponies in the right hands.

Please PM me if you are interested in rehoming some' <3
Last edited by Peppah<3 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: This is abuse

Postby insanity . » Sat May 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Amazing picture, and very eye opening story.

Thank you for your wonderful art, as well as information about those poor horses </3

Formerly known as ForeverLove<3.

i n s a n i t y .
is the name.
2 0 1 1
was when I came.
H a p p i n e s s
and creativity I adore.
C a t s & e x p l o r a t i o n
and oh so much more.
N i c e t o m e e t y o u
how do you do?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppah<3 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you, I just can't believe people will be so cruel to these amazing, innocent animals' </3
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winchester. » Sat May 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Stunningly beautiful and stunningly true, I love it.
winchester.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby { PLEASE DELETE } » Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Wow; absolutely stunning. <3
I don't see how people can be so cruel to animals.
They may not be as intelligent as us, but they still deserve to be treated with respect. ono
{ PLEASE DELETE }

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silversakura » Sat May 19, 2012 4:55 pm

i simply adore this!!!!!!!! *faints* >u<;
Image Image Image Image ImageImage
look at my avatar!!!!!! its my seacond attempt at animateing something (1st one was a fail) hope you like!!!! tell me what u think and if i can do anything to improve like an animateing program or something! thx! >u<
silversakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppah<3 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Thank you all' <3
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meerkat Love. » Sat May 19, 2012 8:51 pm

wow, this is brilliant, and a very touching story
ImageImage
Meerkat Love.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppah<3 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Thank you' <3
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katsukeys » Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm

that looks like a real picture! :clap: :clap:

One day, I'll spend time on making a nice signature like all the other cool kids...
For now, all you must know is that I am a nerd.

Previously: twighlight star (19/12/11 to 30/12/17)
katsukeys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me