Redstripe. by thaliana,

Based on Click to view
Artist thaliana, [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redstripe.

Postby thaliana, » Tue May 15, 2012 5:54 am

I have had a Warrior Cat character who has been an apprentice/ kit for some time, and I have never given him an "adult" appearance. But, with apache's beautiful lines, I have finally been able to. ;3 And I cannot draw tabby stripes for the life of me.

the mentor ; Blackpelt

"I, Hazelstar, leader of NettleClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. Redpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Redpaw looked deep into the hopeful eyes of his Clan leader, aware of the pride that she felt for her becoming-warrior son. The dark apprentice looked out and over the many faces of his Clan mates before him, purposefully avoiding the smirking black tom who crouched in the shadows. Blackpelt had told him to hold himself with poise and confidence, but the whole Clan could see he was shaking like a mouse caught out in bare-leaf. The red-tabby tom narrowed his eyes, puffing out his chest fur as he spoke. "I do."

Hazelstar purred in amusement, and Redpaw noticed several of his Clan mates' whiskers twitch, too. "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Redpaw from this moment you will be known as Redstripe. StarClan honors your enthusiasm and bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of NettleClan." Gently, the pale tabby she-cat touched her pink nose to the head of her son, who, in turn, ran his rough tongue over her striped shoulder. "Well done, my son," she purred so only he could hear.
Redstripe's chest rumbled in appreciation as he leapt from the High Root, smothered by the chanting cats. "Redsripe! Redstripe!"

Redstripe awoke with a start, chest heaving and eyes wild. Why was it that he found his warrior's ceremony such a scare? It had been one of the most joyous occasions of his life, and yet he was not honoured for long. It had been nearly twelve moons since he had stepped into the ranks of a warrior, and it had been nearly twelve moons since he had last seen his Clan. The tom turned his green eyes on the dark flank beside him, twitching in restless slumber. "Blackpelt..." He mewed like a frightened kit, prodding at his former mentor with a forepaw.
"...is asleep," mumbled the grouchy warrior, flicking his ebony tail over his eyes as if to shield himself from Redstripe.
"Why did you take me away?" Redstripe pressed, irritated at Blackpelt's unwillingness to remember the past. Blackpelt froze, Redstripe could feel the warrior's pelt bristle beside him, allowing the brown tom just enough time to duck out of Blackpelt's flying claw. He was unprepared for the second swipe across his muzzle, though, which sent him cowering against the cave wall.
"Why must you always ask questions?" Blackpelt snarled, tail lashing as he paced before the submissive tom. Redstripe's own growl was hidden under the older tom's, and his left eye was blinded by the blood which stained his fur. He had long become used to Blackpelt's quick rages, however. His mentor had not always been like this, though, only since Redstripe had become a warrior.
"I deserve to know," he seethed, scowling and own tail lashing. "You take me out of the den one night and promise me an adventure, but we haven't been back to our Clan for ten moons!" Redstripe snapped.
Blackpelt's gaze fell into something short of admiration, but the fur on his back remained high. "Our Clan? Tell me, Redkit, are you sooner loyal to your leader or your Clan?" He mocked, though the intensity of the question lingered in the air.
"My Clan," Redstripe answered quickly. Blackpelt had drilled it into him the moment he had been born - loyalty to the Clan above-all as one never knows whether their leader is corrupted.
"But that - NettleClan - is not your Clan."
thaliana,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me