Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Redlines for Deadly Nightshade by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redlines for Deadly Nightshade

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Here you go, Nightshade. I've also added an extra wing sketch there so you can see better the details :3.

Dragons actually don't have "rules" about their body structure, by the way. They are fantasy creatures and can be very flexible when the matter is anatomy, so we basically can even create our own anatomy while drawing these animals... what I redlined here is just the way I see their bodies ^^.

But well, first of all, the angle of the muzzle and position of the eyes were a bit off in contrast with the head you'd drawn, so I sketched a simple head based on the original one with a better angle and with the eyes being a bit higher in the skull. I saw that the hand was meant to have long fingers, too, so I wanted to show you how hands like that would look both in side and front views, in a more realistic way(again, it's just my way to draw anatomy for them. Dragon hands can have infinite shapes), I also gave them thicker claws and the membrane between the fingers is still there, but it's just not very noticeable because of the angle ^^.

Now the wings. They are usually considered one of the hardest parts to draw, but to make things easier, you just have to think they are nothing but an extra pair of arms and hands(in fact, if you observe, they can resemble human arms a lot). I'm even used to say that classic western dragons have "two shoulders" because of this XP. The muscles in the base of the wings, also, are usually very noticeable and bulky, specially on big dragons, after all, they must have strong muscles to flap their wings to the point of lifting their heavy bodies in the air.

Well, I hope this helps, Nightshade. I'm not very good at explaining these things in english XD. So I hope the sketches can make you understand better, hehe.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redlines for Deadly Nightshade

Postby Prince of Awesome » Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 pm

epic
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Maturity is SO overrated.

Prince of Awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redlines for Deadly Nightshade

Postby Deadly Nightshade » Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 am

Thankyou so much, Nightshad! I really appreciate all your help and i am sure that i will get better by all the information that you have given me, thankyou!
<3
10 Years on CS!
Deadly Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me