Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Equchene callabus' by Peppah<3

Artist Peppah<3 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Equchene callabus'

Postby Peppah<3 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:20 am

This new species idea has been in my head for a while though, but I am unsure if anyone would be interested in them.

--

They are similar to ponies, except they have a thin, arched neck, very short bodies and they have spikes on the top of their mane and tail to protect the top of their neck and the top of their tail from biting flies. They have pointed shoulders and hips to protect the most vulnerable part of them; their ribs. They have very slim, fine legs, built for speed. Yes, The Equchenes are very quick, some say they are quicker than a Thoroughbred racehorse. They have lots of heavy muscle under their coat, and virtually no fat. They have a curved Roman nose with large nostrils. They have some long hairs on the tip of their ears, just like whiskers. They don't have whiskers anywhere else as they have a pretty good eyesight. Equchenes have long eyelashes, to protect their eyes from flies, as their eyes are very vulnerable to infection, as they don't have an extra protective layer on them.

Equchenes are originally from Africa, in the warm climate, but humans have rounded them up and shipped them to other countries. They cannot be tamed, and although their teeth are quite blunt, the strength of their jaws mean that they can penetrate through flesh pretty easily. Also, because of their speed, they are able to gallop at amazing speeds, making it difficult for any human to capture them. Equchenes can only survive in warm environments, but not hot like deserts. If the temperature is too cold, then their muscles stops working, and they eventually die, as to an Equchene, their muscles are what allows them to move.

Female Equchenes stand at a maximum of 10hh and the minimum of 6hh, the size of a small pony. Male Equchenes stand at a maximum of 11hh and the minimum of 7hh. Male Equchenes are generally larger built than females, their necks are also thicker with muscles, and their spikes on the top of their mane and tail sharper.

Unlike horses, Equchenes have 'mates', a stallion will only have one mare, and a mare will only have one stallion. Foals leave their parents at approximately the age of four, the age in which they become fertile. Once an Equchene has found their mate, they will not leave each other until one of them dies.

Equchenes do not tend to make any noises at all, unless they are in extreme danger. When they are in danger, they make a high-pitched screaming sound, mostly to alarm others of the danger. They communicate through body language, including nudges and nuzzling.

--

So yeah, that just about sums them up. Will anyone be interested in adopting one of these species? If so, just comment below, and if I get enough interest, I will open them up for adopting' :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Equchene callabus'

Postby y i n » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 am

Eppic!
y i n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppah<3 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks! (:
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sheepcat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:16 pm

They look so scary (in a good way, of course) <3
I want one~ ಠ w ಠ
Sheepcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppah<3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:07 am

N'aawh, thank you! <3
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppah<3 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 am

Bump!

Last bumped by Peppah<3 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 am.
Peppah<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me