Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Aeoli: Harpists of the Forest by BlueEyedKite

Based on Click to view
Artist BlueEyedKite [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Aeoli: Harpists of the Forest

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:49 am

o.o Dude I don't even know. I saw Spotty's lines and sort of played around with them and produced this. I was inspired by the Aeolian harp (hence the name) a stringed instrument that you allow the wind to play. The breezes that blow through the forest ring the Aeoli's bells and create an eerie melody for lost travelers. As pups without very intricate markings or bells, they are shy and are rarely seen.

I'll make these randomly .__. I'm on the fence whether I want their horn/branch thing to always be silver or if I should mess around with it. I will say that every Aeoli has shiny markings and glowing eyes.

I shall make more whenever I feel the urge c: this baby girl is mine. I believe I'll call her Lilium. Anyone let me know what you think and if you have more ideas for me about designing or about the breed! I'll be happy to listen to some suggestions. More info about the Aeoli if I get more interest.

Lines (c) Spotty! (thank you for letting me mess around and color in these lines ^^ I appreciate it <3)
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Aeoli: Harpists of the Forest

Postby CaptainFirefly » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 am

I love her, she's beautiful! This should definantly be a new species like the WOI, WAS, and WAG. I'd love to have one and I'm sure everyone else would. Its so amazing that you come up with such a great concept without even meaning to. Its a lovley species and I'd be honored to own one or moderate if you do decide to make it into a species. ^^
CaptainFirefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Aeoli: Harpists of the Forest

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:27 am

c: well thank you. I think later today I'm going to color in another one. Maybe two. I think I'll have one with all three stages colored in and displayed so adopters can get an idea of how they usually look. and then the second one will just be a baby that will need to grow. Check back again!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me