Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Redline/Lining Help by calicotabbycat

Based on Click to view
Artist calicotabbycat [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline/Lining Help

Postby calicotabbycat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

I lined it for you and fixed some things. And look! I made a step by step on how I draw. You probably don't need it, but it might be a little helpful. Hope you like! c: Ignore the arm and the ears. I fudged it up. A lot. D:

This is very important! x3

1. Find a good reference picture or tutorial and put on some relaxing music.

Now for the sketch.

1. Use the pencil brush to sketch out basic body shapes. (ribcage, spine, stick legs, little circle joints, whatever you like)
2. Use the pen brush to do a more detailed sketch. Lower the opacity of the first sketch if you need to.
3. Optional: If you want to, you can keep lowering the opacity and doing better sketches with more detail.

Lines! c:

1. Set opacity to 100% and make the brush size about twice as thick as you want the lines. Change the smoothing a lot depending on line length and shape.
2. Draw lighly in long, smooth strokes. But don't draw too lightly or the lines will be to thin and weird.
4. Do you like your lines? If not, do it again until you're happy.
5. Duplicate the lineart layer(s) and merge down.
6. Use the eraser tool to make pointed ends.

Coloring time!

1. Keep the pen tool like it is but set the size to 200. Choose a darker color but not so dark that you can't see the lines against it. Kepp the background white.
2. Make a big blob. Yes, you are going to go way outside the lines.
3. Erase everything far away from the lines. Zoom in and erase the rest of the color that's outside the lines.
4. Click Lock Alpha and color the layer and the background with a few combos of colors to make sure you got everything inside the lines. I like to use pairs like dark and light, yellow and purple, red and green, orange and blue, etc.
5. Color it.
6. Optional: Color the lines.
    a. Choose a color a little darker than the one mainly used (like the base) and color the lines with that.
    b. Choose colors a little darker than every color you used and color the lines with those. Start by coloring the whole line layer with the base color and then color the areas where markings touch the lines with the colors a little darker than the markings.
ImageImage

merry christmas everyone!

online livestream offline
deviantart
tumblr
i do commissions, just ask c:
blazer and kat are my wives

aren't we forgetting the true meaning of christmas? you know..the birth of santa.
calicotabbycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me