Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Tangaski ::: the broken planet by King of Crows

Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tangaski ::: the broken planet

Postby King of Crows » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:15 am

Long ago, before even the creation of Earth, there was a planet, far out in the Universe. This planet supported many unique forms of life, from tiny bacteria and single cells, to massive monsters of the deep. Though the planet supported much, inside it was a raging fire ball. The core of the planet was highly unstable, and the planets tectonic plates were in constant motion. Earth quakes savaged the surface, millions of creatures became extinct. Due to the heavy number of earth quakes, tsunamis, and other natural disasters, bits of the planets crust started breaking off and loosening up. When the core finally hit the end and burst, all of the loosened bits were shoved out wards to drift through the atmosphere. When the explosion had long since settled, the bits of land that remained drifting in the still oxygenated atmosphere, bits that still carried water in the forms of ice, gathered closer together and continued to grow plants. Water from the bits evaporated and hung heavy in the air as humid moisture. Eventually evolution occurred on a mass scale and new beings appeared. These beings were well adapted to their new world. The floating bits, much like islands in a sea, provided water and oxygen. Because gravity was so low, the creatures no longer walked, but rather streamed through the air, floating, suspended like the islands they depended upon. Much like earth, there were herbivores and carnivores. The plant eaters drift from island to island, grazing on the plants that thrived. The carnivores hunt these herbivores, moving with supreme speed through the air.
The planet was recently discovered by humans. The planet was named Tangaski. Eventually shuttles were sent to the strange planet, and, due to the large amounts of oxygen, humans could settle on the islands in large metal ships that latched to the dirt. And research began.

Tangaski, some call it the new hope, some call it the danger. To the inhabitants, however, Tangaski will always be known as the broken planet.

---------------

Background story for a new adopts site I am planning :D All is (c) me, so please do not steal ;D
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me