Artist donkeykong [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Cake Entry- piping!

Postby donkeykong » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Username: Katimers
Decorator Name: Katimers.
Experience: Birthday cakes in real life and Oekaki work since I have joined CS.
Link to Entry: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1024049
Explanation: Either a Graduation based cake or a birthday cake for a special event such as a sweet sixteen. White cake with buttercream frosting. Light blue vanilla frosting border, dark blue and gold vanilla frosting designs and a buttercream frosting flower on the top.
Hope you like it!
donkeykong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Congratulations!

Postby Inkeyu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:26 am

Congratulations Katimers!
You are not only moving on to the next level, you also get an advantage for the next competition.

First off I want to let you know what I liked about your entry.
Your color choice was amazing. I loved that you chose slightly different shades of the blue and orange than the normal and because of that they worked really well together. The swirls, while busy, were very neat and thought out but not perfectly remade like a stencil which gave it that uniqueness that makes cakes like this appealing. The rose on the top was also well done in design.

While beautifully done, the rose probably would have looked a bit better to one side of the cake or the other, rather than right in the center. You also could have picked a slightly more interesting fondant color. You didn't take much of a risk with the blue piping along the top and the bottom. They were pretty typical for grocery store bakery cakes. You could have taken a little bit more creative license with that part.

All in all you did a pretty cake that I would definitely would order for my sister for her birthday.

Thank you for taking part in this competition, I look forward to seeing what you do in the next challenge.

~ Ink
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cake Entry- piping!

Postby Inkeyu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:36 pm

For participating in the contest, I have made you a cake resembling the one you did here.

Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cake Entry- piping!

Postby donkeykong » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Why thanks! Very nice of you to do!
donkeykong