telliny with steampunk by Apple Cider.

Based on Click to view
Artist Apple Cider. [gallery]
Time spent 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

telliny with steampunk

Postby Apple Cider. » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 pm

it's my first try on steam punk so sorry for the crappy-ness. :/ anyways, the spider is her companion named sparrow. he helps her with navigation and alerts her when danger is near. she created most of her gadgets.

on her mouth is a metal mask and the thing covering her left eye, is a magnifier. her foot, well just a metal foot, for design. she likes it. it's actually light weight.

can any of you guys how to improve my steampunk drawings? this is the first one and i din't know how well i did it. thanks, TRT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: telliny with steampunk

Postby .Magpie. » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I think you did it quite well, especially on the spider. The design isn't as crowded as others I've seen, and there's a nice absence of "cosmetic"/pointless gears. ^_^
As for improvement? A bit of shading, a bit of highlighting, and a steadier hand on the circles (like in the magnefier) is all I recommend. Also, making the outlines darker than the objects, rather than the objects darker than the outlines.

My question is about the character herself: what's the purpose of everything?
Is she nearsighted or partially blind? (which would explain the need for a magnefier and guide spider.) Why does she wear a mask? How does she keep it on? Can it be removed at all? (If not, how does she eat?) Does the boot/foot-thing somehow enhance her movement? If so, how? (If it makes her a bit faster, why use strangely large gears, rather than a modified version of modern prosthetic legs? Although I'm probably dead wrong on the purpose, since it's only on one hind foot and not both...)
Sorry if this is far from what you were looking for. "Why X?" helped me when I was coming up with my own steamy characters, and hopefully it'll be useful to you. ^_^
.Magpie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: telliny with steampunk

Postby Apple Cider. » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:24 pm

i would love to answer all of your questions but sadly it's 1 in the morning hear and i must get some rest.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me