Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

My first Sewn Insect + Best in full view by Mara.

Artist Mara. [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

My first Sewn Insect + Best in full view

Postby Mara. » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:52 am

This is my first sewn insect that I ever made. I made a ladybug because I only had old socks that don't fit anymore and my mothers sewing kit. She's a work in progress as I still need to put the buttons on and the legs. I made it out of socks about a week ago since I didn't I have stuffing I just rolled up and old white sock and sewed a cut pink sock to the top. The head was the rest of the rolled up white sock.

She has no name, so if you have any ideas, I'm listening and would be happy with suggestions. She has been named! Her name is now Cupcake! Thank you paws11kitty for the wonderful name. =3

This is just a little picture of her with a needle and the pink/orange color I used thread sticking out of the needle.

The background was just a bunch of different brushes and white checker board top to make it look a little bit like lace that she is sitting on. Best in full view to see the lace and shades and stuff like that. XD
I read the rules before I broke them ; I broke the chains before they choked me out ; Now I pay close attention ; Really learned the code ; I learned to read the map before I hit the road

´•`•. .•´•`
Mara.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My first Sewn Insect + Best in full view

Postby Mara. » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 am

The ladybug has a name! It is noow Cupcake. =3 Thank you paws11kitty!~

Last bumped by Mara. on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 am.
I read the rules before I broke them ; I broke the chains before they choked me out ; Now I pay close attention ; Really learned the code ; I learned to read the map before I hit the road

´•`•. .•´•`
Mara.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me