CAAA 20, Closed, No more posting!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v. 20! OPEN!

Postby Gingler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 pm

If you were the artist/designer of an adopt/design that was not supposed resold/traded/gifted and you find out that the design/adopt has changed hands several times without the other people knowing about the rules, what would you do?

I would tell the new owner about the rules, while sending a note to the one that sold it.
I mean it wouldn't be fair for the new owner.
Only if it passed several hands, if only one of two I would ask for a refund to the one that I sold it and give it free to the new owner :/
Gingler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Took forever, but I finally finished my main art piece for a Plumerian tryout c:

Solloby wrote:3 new Magepups for sale! <3
If you mention that you are from the CAAA you can receive a 50pt discount.

We also have a Froggy Magepup that is Draw to Adopt.

Magepups is also hosting an Artist Contest!

MYO information is also up for people who want to make a custom for themselves.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymphies » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

If you were the artist/designer of an adopt/design that was not supposed resold/traded/gifted and you find out that the design/adopt has changed hands several times without the other people knowing about the rules, what would you do?

Firstly I would be angry nobody bothered to look up my rules. Even if you don't know the designer it's not that hard to search by image on google and usually 9/10 It works for me and I find the designer. It's actually saved my butt multiple times from scammers to people who seemed to have forgotten the design rules upon purchase. Personally I keep track of them before selling thing's, and if I mess up im always happy to offer the user(s) a refund and take the design back to try and please the original designer.

On a 'personal' scale though if it had ever changed hands, considering I make it very clear about my rules; then I would probably ban the original buyer from any of my adopts further down the road (aka block them) and let it stay in the hands it is, while telling them they must now follow my original adopt rules. If that user doesn't follow them then i'll just take the design back tbh and let the seller figure it out with the buyer refund wise because it's not my problem.
[ nym ] [ they / them ] [ adult ]
autistic ! political menace
all profile artwork created by me

I'm slowly getting back into chicken smoothie! I spend most of my time on discord, or cruising around in my car blasting the radio. I'm an avid lover of science and plants; and big advocate for mental health.

Image Image Image
nymphies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discordia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Chances are good, I would not do further sales to the person who originally bought it. I would also contact the new person and inform them that if they no longer want the character to apply the original rules. If I felt that strongly about it, I would offer back what that person paid for the character originally (with no additional offered) when/if the character is returned.

Personally, this is part of the reason that I do not attach rules to anything I sell. I understand if you do not want your designs resold for profit to the second party (meaning if they are sold, it would have to be what they paid for the character), however I find that many times rules are forgotten not just ignored. This is also part of the reason I personally am leery about purchasing characters in general that didn't come directly from the creator.

Out of curiosity, why would you not want your designs traded/resold/gifted or sometimes it even applies to breeding etc? (Besides what I mentioned above, which would be buying designs to say, revamp and profit, or turn over for a profit). I have seen a lot about this lately and I am just mainly looking for understanding.

░░░░░░░░░░░░
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
coding Deviantart Art Shop TH link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I'm likely just a figment of
your imagination
Always happy to talk about characters

text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░░░░░░░░░░░

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

══════════════════

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Discordia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shironeki. » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:04 pm

@ SollobyNice Piece, The background is really realistic
@Shiverice Cute pixel
@Irisidium Terms are actually kinda cute

I've Got Cheap commissions open over Here, Everything under 100 points

Did this Anthro piece of Echo

Also take a few commissions of those ^^ For 20points or a Rare
My birthday is Today ; 23/12

TAKE ME TO JOJO HELL
Shironeki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Lady Sif wrote:

There's an open Artist comp for Sea Devil (Entry or Application):
And we've got some super cool adopts up!

Thank you to everyone for your replies, it was interesting to read how all of you would handle that, but now I have a follow-up question because I thought of how this might apply to me as an adopt owner:

Code: Select all
[b]If you were the owner/artist of a (free) adopt that did not allow reselling, what would you do if you found out an adopt had been resold?[/b]

I've always thought that if this happened, I would contact staff/the original owner/the current owner and have a refund done from the person who sold it against the rules and then revoke the adopt and place it up for adoption.

Discordia wrote:Out of curiosity, why would you not want your designs traded/resold/gifted or sometimes it even applies to breeding etc? (Besides what I mentioned above, which would be buying designs to say, revamp and profit, or turn over for a profit). I have seen a lot about this lately and I am just mainly looking for understanding.

The main reason I've seen, is that the design was free/won via contest. People don't want someone claim to have a bond with something, or getting it for free and then selling it off. It makes it so only people who are actually interested in the adopt will put for the effort/try out for it.

Or sometimes, artist want things only to be sold with their permission, so that they know who the new owner is and don't think it was stolen.
Last edited by Lady Sif on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fawkes-Rinzler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:16 pm

I bet ya'll are gonna love this guy... I know I do. ;33

First off, a huuuuuuuge thank you to Sixbane~! Who made this lovely guy for me for free! LIke... oh my gosh! Thank you so much!!! :D
and heeeeere he is~! :D

art and design by Sixbane

I have no idea what I'm going to do with him yet, but I cannot wait to develop him! He looks sooo beautiful!! X33

If you were the owner/artist of a (free) adopt that did not allow reselling, what would you do if you found out an adopt had been resold?
Politely notify the person that resold the adopt that they were no allowed to sell the character, and then ask why they did. In some cases, people will give adoptables to friends that really really love the character, so its highly possible they just wanted the adopt to have a better home with them. :3 Or, maybe they didn't know that they were supposed to return the character rather than giving/selling it away? Give them the benifit of the doubt first and be polite would probably be what I'd do first.
I'd then notify the person that bought it with the rules and everything of the new adoptable. I don't believe in re-posesison, so I think that just telling them the rules would be better than just taking it back. :3 Who knows, they might be amazing owners? Or, they might return the character to you. X3 Hope that helps. :3
Fawkes-Rinzler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aniki » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 pm

So today was the first day in almost a week that I've felt better and have been able to keep food down (huzzah for stomach flu!), so to celebrate I bought myself a new character.
She doesn't have a name as of right now, but I couldn't resist her colors!

By Tomboy-Kei on DA
looking to join some rps to get back into writing again
Aniki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aurora & bloom » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 pm

If you were the owner/artist of a (free) adopt that did not allow reselling, what would you do if you found out an adopt had been resold?
    If it were me I would probably just ban the seller from the species but allow the buyer to keep the design... ^q^/
    Usually sales like that aren't intentionally made to break the rules, since some people forget and some buyers just aren't aware!! I understand it might take some serious action if someone extorted money out of a free species continually on purpose. But if it was just one sale and the person is apologetic about it, a simple ban from the species would prevent it from happening again and would usually deter others from attempting such a thing. That's just my two cents anyway!

I don't believe a character should be able to be revoked under any circumstances after ownership is transferred n___n
    You can get into some reaaaaally messy legalities over stuff like revoking if it's not in the original TOS as well!

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
        ...Hi! This account is shared by Aurora
        ...and Sadbloom. If you would like to
        ...contact Bloom for art, please message
        ...her at DeviantArt. No requests, sorry.
        texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymphies » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Selling co-ownwerships! ; v ;
      http://fav.me/d8cy7c1 Please check it out!

ALSO I did this cute little painting of Nemo
      ;; _;; it was so fun and relaxing during the plane ride I had a couple days ago. I think I might start doing more painting or incorporating it into my style because I really do love doing. It's so fun, and it makes art 103040x more enjoyable than it was for me. It was like drawing was a chore even though I loved it. sobs
[ nym ] [ they / them ] [ adult ]
autistic ! political menace
all profile artwork created by me

I'm slowly getting back into chicken smoothie! I spend most of my time on discord, or cruising around in my car blasting the radio. I'm an avid lover of science and plants; and big advocate for mental health.

Image Image Image
nymphies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me