What language do you want to learn?

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: What language do you want to learn?

Postby .nora » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:18 am

i'd like to learn japanese and asl (i know some asl already though)
.nora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sweetfrog » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:19 am

i really want to learn how to speak Italian and Spanish. I'm learning Spanish right now, but I'm not very good. And I know bits of Italian! I speak English.

Sweetfrog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ℓуяι¢ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:58 pm

I get taught French in school but I really want to learn Japanese, I know a few words in Japanese though like kononichiwa & kawaii.
My main language is English

Hey, I'm ℓуяι¢.....
{13 Reasons why}
{Your Lie In April}
{Jackseptieye <3}
{Adventure waits}
{Wishlist gifter...}
{The purpose is..}
{Perfection.......}

ℓуяι¢

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Invader Scum » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:01 pm

I already speak English and Spanish fluently. I would really love to learn ASL (i know a bit asl), Japanese and French. Ive studied french before but dont know how to speak it fluently.
Kyle ~ Nonbinary transmasc ~ Adult ~ Gay ~ The circle of stupidity is complete

ImagehiImagehiImageImageImage
Invader Scum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kxynine » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Im learning English and German, I Can speak Danish (cause in from Denmark so ofc )
kxy || nov 23rd || artist
video editor || he/him
Characters | My artshop
kxynine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . étoile » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:22 pm

If I could, I would learn every language there is, and logically, that can't happen (unless you're Emil Krebs). However, I do want to study linguistics and break down languages scientifically more as the years pass. My native language is Hungarian, which isn't as big of a nightmare as people make it out to be. Okay, it might prove so as the longest word in the language consists forty-four letters. However, in English the chemical name of titin has 189,819 letters! Then the fact still remains that English has 7 million words when the average speaker only knows 10,000 to 20,000! I'm getting off topic and will stop at this moment.

Now, when one reads my signature, they see that I'm already studying three languages. Since I'll be going to France next year, I wanted to pick up French so that my travel will be easier (and that I was curious about the silent letters). For Korean.. Hangul. It is the most scientific writing system in the world - and was specifically made to be easy! Finally, we have Norwegian. Truth be told, I'm not too sure for my reasonings for this one. I wanted to get into a Scandinavian (or, technically, North Germanic) language, and Norwegian stood out to me in ways I can't explain. Perhaps later I'll move to Norway, for I'm better suited in colder climates. Free healthcare is always a plus!

More languages that I want to learn include: Russian, Romanian, Turkish, Czech, and Hindi. Due to my interest in Ancient Egypt that started early, I would very much so like to study hieroglyphics. Old and Middle Persian would also be nice (not to mention Proto-Norse!).
Last edited by . étoile on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

link link link link

╔═══════ ════════╗
aspiring diplomat who has taste
for languages, linguistics, puns,
politics, philosophy and history.

╚═════════════════╝
myst è re est trop

pas xd é sob é ir

. étoile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kleinerdrache » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:40 am

One of the sad things about growing up in America is that there isn't much emphasis placed on learning languages. Sure, we all took spanish in middle school but nobody really cared, and it wasn't an important subject. The only language I'm comfortably fluent in now is english, but I can keep a conversation in German. I just get too nervous because my vocabulary isn't huge. I'm going to learn French, Dutch, Italian, and Spanish one day, though. Currently concentrating on German, since I'm going to be studying abroad there some day soon. I'd love to learn Russian, but the cyrillic alphabet is incredibly difficult, and I might concentrate on just learning to speak it, and learn to read Russian later.
----
Hi, I'm KD. I'm a software engineer that likes reading books and playing video games
Send me trades or messages anytime! ^^
----

kleinerdrache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cece. » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:41 am

i would love to learn spanish, italian, and slovenian. as an american, it sucks to not be taught a language at a young age. i wish i was fluent in spanish so communicating in spain (where i hope to live one day, but highly unlikely) and with other people that know spanish was easier, but i only know basic things and i can't hold a conversation. it sucks but one day i'll be able too.
cece.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:53 am

My native language is English, but I'd really like to learn German and French and maybe Dutch as well(as I'm going on a school trip to Europe(Belgium, France, Paris, Amsterdam, etc) for the 100th anniversary of Vimy Ridge next year). Since French from grade 4 to 9 was mandatory, I can hold a basic conversation. Wish I payed more attention in class though, because I really never thought I'd use French ever - even though our country's two native languages are English and French xD

German I have no previous experience with, except a couple words my friends taught me(they're not even German haha). Although I have been using Duolingo(which I highly recommend), and it's definitely helped. I'm like, 3% fluent in German now, haha!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
maddy - she/her - Image
hi, i'm clip! I'm an adult from
canada who cries constantly
and loves cats and cartoons.

about - - th - my art

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ilovesmoothies! » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:48 am

My first language is English, and I am learn Spanish at school. I was taught French and Spanish from year 8 - year 10 (UK), and I decided to only take Spanish onto GCSE level (year 11 - year 12). I am hoping to continue Spanish in school, and I wish that I had also done French as I wish I could speak several languages fluently. Even though I learn Spanish in school, it is only basic things that they teach you in school, and I struggle to form sentences. I would really love to be fluent in; Spanish, Italian, Swedish (really really want to be fluent), German and maybe an ancient language like Latin. Although I don't really have a desire to learn French, I suppose it would be useful. I think for my career I would maybe like to do something with law/languages, so I think that law with European studies would be a good fit for me, or a translator, except to be a translator you have to be fluent in several language, which is why I want to learn lots of languages.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCstgk1UIk4Qir3Wolo8axxg
The Vloggy Doggies
I love: autumn, animals, cherry blossoms, bonsai trees, bees, butterflies, teddies, animals, koi, flowers, pumpkin scents, pastel colours, baby blue, pastel yellow and pink, and all shades of green esp emerald and sage! Know some Spanish, love travelling
Desperately seeking:
Tess mini huskies
Sakura/cherry blossom store dog
UR flower dragon
malk elemental cats
nature items
The picnic store item set and celestial garden store set/c$ to buy it

Ilovesmoothies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery