Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Elemental Editable by StalePotatoChips

Artist StalePotatoChips [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
85 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Elemental Editable

Postby StalePotatoChips » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello and welcome to my elemental editable :D This is a creature that can take on many elemental forms. You can even mix breed if you like! You can read more about them below. Be creative ;) You can also feel free to create your own edits. If you have any suggestions for new forms it can take, I would love to hear them! If I like the idea, I will put it on the list below! This species is free, so feel free to do whatever you want with it. Please read rules!!! If you are interested in adopting, check out my adoptables thread ;) viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2583304

Do's
-you are allowed to use this for competitions and adoptables
-you are allowed to sell the designs you create
-you can take this off of CS (as long as credit goes to me)
-you are allowed to make line edits

Do Not's
-Do not claim line art as your own
-Do not steal other peoples designs
-Do not remove my signature
-Don't not have fun XD

Soon To Come

-+ more accessories

About Elementals
-Omnivores
-Can range in height between 3-5 feet tall

Normal: Has no special abilities, but does tend to be physically stronger than most of the other breeds. They can be found in almost any environment. Their colors are usually earthy tones. They like to stay in big groups and are generally friendly. They are also the most common breed to be found.

Fire: Fire types like to live in rocky environments like volcanoes or mountains to avoid catching stuff on fire. They can breath fire and can withstand a temperature of over 500 degrees. They like to munch on coal to keep their fire lit. They tend to be more aggressive than the other breeds, so they don't stay in groups. Because they live in such harsh environments, they are less common to come across.

Water:
Water types can breath in both air and water. They can live in both the ocean and in lakes, depending on weather they are saltwater or freshwater. They prefer to spend most of their time underwater to keep their skin moist and to munch on kelp and small fish. The only time they really use there wings is when they migrate from one body of water to another. Like fish, they travel in schools. Since they spend most of their time underwater, they can be hard to come across. But maybe you will get lucky and snag one on your fishing hook.

Ice: Ice types can be found high up in the mountains. Because they are so secluded, they tend to be timid around humans. They stay in groups of 2-3 to hunt more efficiantly since food is scarce in there environment. They can shoot ice crystals from their tales for defense. They can withstand temperatures below 0 degrees. When they fly, it creates a blizzard like effect.

Electric: They live in the storm clouds, so if you have your binoculars out during a rainy day, you may spot some. They are very energetic and enjoy zapping each other for fun! They get along very well with the Air types and are often seen playing together. Electrics can shoot bolts of electricity from a mild zap to a painful shock, so don't piss them off!

Air: Like electrics, they spend most of their time in the clouds, but usually perch in a tree to sleep. They are usually out flying on clear sunny days, so they are easy to spot. They have a lighter bone density than the other breeds, allowing them to fly faster. Because their wings are so strong, they use them to blow away clouds. They are very friendly and get along with just about every breed.

Rock: Rock types can be found in caves and at the bases of mountains. Like fire types, they can have a temper, so they usually travel alone. They use their heavy tails to smash and break up large boulders to make clearing in caves and mountains. They are the heaviest breed and are rarely seen flying. When they do fly, they don't reach very high off the ground. The only breed they can really tolerate are the crystal types, since they tend to keep to themselves.

Poison:
They are usually found in the rain forest. You can tell how lethal it's poison is by how bright the colors are. If they have dull colors, their poison may leave a mild rash. But if they have very bright colors, they can leave you paralized for hours. Their skin is a lot more slick than the other breeds. Other breeds usually steer clear of them. If they accidentally poison some one they didn't want to poison, they can use their healing saliva and lick it clean.

Grass:
They are most commonly found in the forest or by streams. They use their leaves and earthy tones as camoflage from preditors. They will spend some time out in the open planes to absorb sun light. Grass types are considered the protectors of the forest and tend to be taritorial. They travel in clans, so some grass types won't get along with others. They get along well with floral and water types since they have similar needs and help each other out.

Floral: Florals are found in the open planes and sometimes in the forest. They have bright vibrant colors that attract insects to help pollinate their flowers. They have a very strong fragrence that can be smelt from a mile away. They like to fly around and shake off pollin onto the gardens below. They are very friendly and like to stay in large groups.

Magic: Very very rarely seen and can be found in any environment. They can use the magic in their horn to levitate things and help plants grow. They travel by themselves and are very careful not to be seen. They have been known to be friends with the galaxy types. They are very gentle and very graceful. They can also use their magic to turn invisible, so there may be one next to you right now!

Crystal: They can be found deep deep in the caves in the mountains. They are greedy little thieves that like to keep their stashes of gems and goodies hidden. They are very mysterious and only come out when there is nobody else around. At night, some of their crystal can glow! They are known to have a little sass.

Galaxy: Almost as rare as magic types. They are only seen at night and tend to blend with the sky. There have been sightings of them in the mountains, so that might be where they sleep during the day. They can turn slightly transparent to blend with the sky better. Of all the breeds, they can fly the highest. They can exit the atmosphere and have the ability to hold their breaths for long periods of time.

Tropical: Tropical types can be found in the rainforest or by the beach. Although the species are omnivores, tropicals diets mostly consist of a variety of fruits. They are pretty chill and will get along with just about any type. They like to spend their time napping in the trees or eating some juicy fruit under the shade of a palm tree. They like to fly over the ocean looking for islands that might have new fruit to bring back and plant. They like to stay moist to keep their leaves fresh.

Blizzard:
Blizzards are very closely related to the ice types. They both live in the tundras of the mountains and hunt together in the same packs. Blizzards are very fast flyers and create a blizzard type effect. They like to burry themselves in the snow and then pop out, surprising their pray. They can use the snow in their manes to create balls of snow to play with.

Desert: Desert types are found in very dry environments. They can go for days without water by storing it in the cactus in their necks. Their thorns are used for defense and they usually have very earthy tones to help blend in with the environment. Their skin is dry and kinda scaley. They fly up high to keep cool and sleep on warm rocks at night.
Last edited by StalePotatoChips on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wip

Postby canadianhowl » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:10 pm

I shall stalk this thread till its finished *rolls back into the shadows*
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wip

Postby Werecat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:43 pm

*follows after you*

"Come again Needle Noggin?"

xxxxxxxxWerecat/Karkat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxit/its
xxxxxxxxxxxxWerewolf
xxxxxxxxxxxFui, Imp, VJ

xxxxxxReally only here to sketch
xxxxxN sell ocs I dont use anymore.

xxxxxxxCharacters UFT
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elemental Editable

Postby Vulpine-Poltergeist » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 am

*leaps onto the thread* Why lurk in the shadows when you can stalk it actively?
These are adorable.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
We're a system, but most of us are just here for the pets!
Vulpine-Poltergeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:24 am

Omg it's done :D

*marks.... But it's already marked so how does that work?*
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StalePotatoChips » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:23 am

added crystal and poison type!! The poison one looks so cool! <3 Feel free to leave any suggestions for new forms it can take ;)
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaidaft » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Marking <3

About Me wrote:

Female
A Complete Dork
Artistic
Friendly
I love k-pop if you wanna
talk about groups
and biases, my DMs are open! :3

I love danganronpa + BTS.

A little Hello wrote:

I'm Cursed at the Heart, but feel free to call me Cursed or Kai!
Im a nerd who is obsessed with anime(Danganronpa, Fairy Tail),
Drawing, K-pop(BTS, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, Block B, +more),
and Books(Wings of Fire, Cursed, Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
I enjoy roleplays, so if you would like, send one over (1x1 are good ;3)
Kaidaft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXSwiftkillXx » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm

omg cute
xXSwiftkillXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StalePotatoChips » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Just added a bunch of stuff!!! There are now galaxy, magic, and electric types! There are also 3 new tail accessories and some earings to choose from! I also noticed I spelled breed wrong, so I fixed it XD. If you have any suggestions for new forms it can take, leave a comment ^^
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StalePotatoChips » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 pm

bump :)
StalePotatoChips