Scogliera Abitante

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Scogliera Abitante

Postby Leonard » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Scogliera is a rare mammalian species that was first discovered on planet Na'arlac, which is where it's believed to originate from. Na'arlac is a planet surounded by two massive suns, so the species had to evolve to withstand the massive amounts of heat and radiation coming from them. As a result, these creatures can only survive within desert areas. They typically dig small dens in the sides of cliffs, where they sleep during the hottest hours of the day.

These creatures have developed a thick hide, and a thick coating of fur to help isolate them from the heat. While always short and sharp to the touch, the fur comes in many colors and patterns. All members of this species have large ears, a bobbed tail, and a third eye located on their forhead.

At the size of a common house cat, Scogliera Abitante is the largest species on their native planet.They have no natural predators, but high levels of radiation and the harsh heat make survival very difficult. Many don't live to be more than five years old, but it's possible to double, if not triple their life-span if they're raised in the right conditions in captivity.

This highly inteligent species has a language of it's own, and mostly tries to communicate by clicking it's tongue against the roof of it's mouth. They will whine, yelp, and bark on occassion, but have been observed trying to copy noises other creatures around them create. With a lot of patience, they can be taught to understand and repeat a massive variety of words and gestures.

Unfortunately, these creatures are not very social. Unlike other groups of canines that may be called a pack, a group of Scogliera is exclusively adressed as a "family" because of the way their society works. A "family" typically consists of two adults, and up to two kits, where females have the dominant role. The adult pair may at times have the same gender, but such pairings can not produce kits. This shows that their "families" are created for more than just the purpose of creating offspring.

While fiercly protective of their mates and young, Scogliera display general indifference to other creatures, even memebers of their own species. Aggression is usually only shown when these mammals are hunting, or defending their dens from other members of the species. A recent appearence of humans ensured that some members of the species might fear the "lanky giants".

Scogliera are opprotunists, and will scavange, harvest, and hunt for food whether they need it or not. They hunt as a pack, but males often decide to stay with the kits if they're still very young and defenceless. A Scogliera's stomach is adapted to process both dextro and levo acids, but some members of the species still get allergies like creatures from Earth do. The most common food allergy appears when a Scogliera attempts to consume beef, pork, watermellon, and potatoes. How ever, some have a natural resistence and do not suffer any ill side effects. For others, consumption of even small amounts could be fatal.
Last edited by Leonard on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:19 am, edited 22 times in total.
Image Image

I'm sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first language. If you can't understand me, please just ask me to rewrite my post and I will do so.

I'm looking for canine roleplays, preferably 1x1 with at least one to two paragraphs per post. If you're interested, please feel free to send me a message.

The animal on the right is Mika, a part of the Scogliera Abitante species, and one of my OC's. If you're interested in adopting a member of the species, please click the picture and it will redirect you to the adoption page. Thanks!
Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scogliera Abitante

Postby Leonard » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Instructions:

To adopt any of these pets, please fill out the form below with as much information as you can. Please keep in mind that the adoptable isn't yours until I say so. The pets will not go to the person who asked for them first, but to the one who's form I like most. A pretty post with a ton of codes wont aid you any, but a lot of information about the character certainly will.

Once adopted, these pets can be used on and off site so long as you give me credit. You are not allowed to alter the images in any way, but you are allowed to order more art of them from other artists. You may not breed these pets with out my permission. They may only breed within the species, and only I may breed them for you. If you wish to breed your pet with that of another owner, you both need to give written consent in this thread.

Keep in mind that these creatures have 1-2 kits per litter, mate for life, and can have up to two litters in a lifetime. This means that once your pet breeds with another, it can never breed with other pets again. You should try to be selective regarding which ones you breed, to get the colors and personality traits that you like most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Understanding Rarity

Common traits:
    Brown eyes, dark but solid colored fur, few if any markings visible.

Uncommon traits:
    Bicolored pelt, clear or green eyes, possible spotting.

Rare traits:
    Blue eyes, dorsal stripe, facemask, color-tipped ears.

Very Rare traits:
    Different colored eyes, odd eye colors, gradient inner ear, dark claws.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adoption form:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Number:[/b] (In the quotes above the adopt.)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

Breeding form:

Mother's name: (Add a link!)
Father's name: (Add a link!)
Number of pups: (1 OR 2)

Warned:
No one! I'd like to keep things that way.
Banned:
No one! I'd like to keep things that way.
Last edited by Leonard on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image Image

I'm sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first language. If you can't understand me, please just ask me to rewrite my post and I will do so.

I'm looking for canine roleplays, preferably 1x1 with at least one to two paragraphs per post. If you're interested, please feel free to send me a message.

The animal on the right is Mika, a part of the Scogliera Abitante species, and one of my OC's. If you're interested in adopting a member of the species, please click the picture and it will redirect you to the adoption page. Thanks!
Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leonard » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Pets up for adoption!

1 wrote:Image
White fur with peach markings.
Clear eyes.
Affectionate, cowardly.
2 wrote:Image
Black fur, gray underside.
Dark brown eyes.
Agressive, distant, afraid of water.

[Archive]

-----------

There will usually only be four pets here at once. You are welcome to post an adoption forms for all of them. I always have more pets left in waiting, so if one design doesn't get much interest, it will be replaced by another.

-----------

Happy adopting.
Good luck!

3 wrote:Image
Tan fur with a lighter undercoat and darker markings.
Green eyes, dorsal stripe, gradient inner ear.
Timid, energetic, likes hiding.
4 wrote:Image
Brown fur with darker markings.
Brown eyes, dark claws.
Lazy, affectionate, and mischevious.

Active Adoption Forms:

ShardForever
KellySosa
ShardForever

Will they get the pets?
Or will you outdo them?

Try your luck and see!
Last edited by Leonard on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:29 am, edited 11 times in total.
Image Image

Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leonard » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Affiliates!

Want to affiliate?
Please post about it here, and leave a link or banner in the thread.
I will be happy to add your thread here, provided you add a link to my thread within your own!

Advertise the species!
A variety of banners will be added here, for now, this will have to do:

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2541623][img]http://i.imgur.com/wkwfI8v.png[/img][/url][/center]
Last edited by Leonard on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leonard » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:19 am

Scogliera Roleplay

Do you like these creatures? Do you own one? Do you like writing?
If you do, you may be interested in knowing kitty00829 made a roleplay for this species!

Interested?
Last edited by Leonard on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KellySosa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Name:Spirit
Number:2 (In the quotes above the adopt.)
Personality:Brave,out going,sweet,alittle shy to new people at first but once you get to know her alittle better shes really funny when she likes someone she blushes a lot and she can't control it just by looking at him she turns bright red when she's in a relationship she likes to take things slow not fast
History:Spirit was found in an abandoned house when a young girl was singing,jumping, and skipping along the side walk looking she suddenly stopped when she heard soft whimpering in the house she got curious and wondered if someone had gotten hurt so she went in the house very carefully and secretly surching every room and following the whimper she went into the hallway and went to the last door she slowly walked up to door reached for the handle and opened the door when she went inside the room she saw spirit under old dusty blankets so she knealed down slowly close to her anf called her over in a soft voice "hear girl you can come out I won't hurt you...trust me" after she called spirit over, spirit slowly walked out of the blankets to her and layer her head on her lap so she could pet her and soon after the little girl brought her home and one thing lead to another spirit was adopted by the young girl

I EDITED IT

┏────────┓
Tʜᴇʀᴇ·s
sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴ
ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ
ᴍᴇ
┗────────┛

┏─────────┓
Link raffle
┗─────────┛
xxxxxxxxxxx
🄱🅄🅃 🅈🄾🅄’🅅🄴
🅂🄷🄾🅆🄽 🄼🄴

xxxxxxxxxxx

┏─────────────┓
I нανє яєαѕσηѕ,
I ѕнσυℓ∂
ℓσνє муѕєℓƒ
━━━━━━━
┗─────────────┛
KellySosa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KellySosa » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Bump

┏────────┓
Tʜᴇʀᴇ·s
sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴ
ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ
ᴍᴇ
┗────────┛

┏─────────┓
Link raffle
┗─────────┛
xxxxxxxxxxx
🄱🅄🅃 🅈🄾🅄’🅅🄴
🅂🄷🄾🅆🄽 🄼🄴

xxxxxxxxxxx

┏─────────────┓
I нανє яєαѕσηѕ,
I ѕнσυℓ∂
ℓσνє муѕєℓƒ
━━━━━━━
┗─────────────┛
KellySosa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leonard » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:30 pm

I saw the edit, don't worry. =D
As soon as another person asks for one of the adoptables, I'll be deciding who gets who. That way, I can get another batch ready and up for adoption and give this one away all at once! ^_^
Image Image

Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KellySosa » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:00 am

Bump

┏────────┓