CWHR: Gyth Sibling Adopt by sapphirespirit

Based on Click to view
Artist sapphirespirit [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CWHR: Gyth Sibling Adopt

Postby sapphirespirit » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Hey folks, another quick adopt from me. this was going to be a raffle, but i decided last minute to change that- since this pretty girl is Gyth's half sister :3
(Accidental Piglet on her Rump ^^)
SO, to win her, fill out the form below.
Kudos and brownie points if you make her :
a) Tastefully opposite of her brother, or
b) Frighteningly Alike to her brother(every rose has it's thorn type of theme)

Also major brownie points if your stories/art/history, etc. ties into gyth or ANY of his foals. I'll even dish out a few brownie points for Gyth/this girl's Parents. Up to you.
Don't post if you won't finish your form. Those who don't finish their form may not try out for my next adopt.
You can add ONE extra : Be it art,a story,a poem, whatever.
You may edit up to 3 times.
You may not change or delete given information.
You Must post a form with a name and a GIF, No reserving posts.
You may NOT pretty your forms whatsoever.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b] APH(50%) X Arabian(50%)
[b]Color:[/b] Dapple Rose Grey
[b]Markings:[/b] Tovero (Skewed Tobiano/ Overo)
[b]GIF of Piglet:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]ONE Extra:[/b]

Mother~of~Dragons wrote:Username: Mother~of~Dragons
Show Name: Breaker of Chains
Barn Name: Khaleesi
Breed: APH(50%) X Arabian(50%)
Color: Dapple Rose Grey
Markings: Tovero (Skewed Tobiano/ Overo)
GIF of Piglet: XD
History: Khaleesi was born a week after her half brother, Gyth, sired by the same stallion but birthed by different mares. Their father, a strong and fairly colorful stallion, was a cold husk of a horse and rarely did anything to communicate or socialize with his foals. Khaleesi's dam, a pretty Arabian, was a kind and somewhat shy mare and knew where her place was in the herd, while Gyth's dam, a sturdy paint, was just as cold as their shared father. She often picked on the lower ranked mares and forced her son to pick on the other foals. When they turned 6 months old and were forced away from their dams to wean she turned to the only other horse she thought she had a connection to, her half brother Gyth. For a time they played and grew up together and quickly forgot about their mothers, who by now were getting ready to breed again.

Their first stages of training began and when they became yearlings they were separated into pastures with other horses of their gender. Khaleesi never saw her half brother much after that and she seemed to pull into her self to hide the pain of losing her only friend. As the months passed by her training intensified and she grew into her adult body but she never forgot about Gyth and she often wondered what had happened to him. When she turned two she was sent to a horse market with the rest of the two year olds but she couldn't find Gyth at all and grew sadder. After a week at the market she was brought back with a handful of remaining horses who didn't sell and tossed back into the pasture. By this time she very often didn't move away from the fence except to eat or drink, and none of the other horses bothered to talk to her. People came and looked at her but they always chose a different horse to buy and she was constantly ignored by many.

By the time she became three she was severely underweight and barely moved away from her post by the fence, potential buyers avoided her like the plague now and went on to buy some of the newer two year olds. When the moved her to a new pasture they had to carry her in a sling because she was too weak to walk, and thats when she finally saw him. Gyth had become a fine stallion and looked almost exactly like their father. When she saw him she found the strength in herself to get up and go to him and at first he didn't recognize her but soon realized who she was. They spent days reuniting, telling the stories they had learned and slowly she began to get healthier and bigger.

A couple months later war broke out and horses all over the country were being taken or bought and shipped over seas to be used as war horses. When the men came for them they took a lot of horses including Gyth but left her behind saying she was too "dainty" and "fancy" to be a war horse and she never got to say goodbye to her brother. During the three years the war lasted she was trained to be a dressage horse and because of her "fancy" coat she became popular with the people who came to watch her shows. She never forgot about Gyth but she never let herself slip back into the way she had been before and she stayed strong. When the war ended the remaining horses were shipped back to their homes and she was ecstatic to see Gyth was still alive. When she ran up to greet him he only glanced at her before moving away. She noticed he was covered in scars and seemed different than the three year old she had reunited with. Try as she might she could never get him to play or talk with her and eventually she was sold to a new home and she never saw him after that. She still remembers how they had played as foals and wonders if that part of him will ever return.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personality: Khaleesi is a very strong mare and doesn't let many things bother her now. She still has that fire in her heart and she loves to play with any horse that she befriends. There are still moments when she remembers how Gyth ignored her and she becomes sad but there are always people or horses who keep her company until she gets better. She's not shy at all and will often be the first horse to greet you and the first to take off with something of yours in a game. She doesn't like to be pushed around and when she's angry she has quite the temper. She doesn't have any bad habits and her only quirk is her days where she gets sad, you could call it horse depression if you want. She's a big baby and often prances around showing off the fact she has a "fancy" coat and she's a "dainty" mare. Her past has shaped her in ways most horses wouldn't understand.
ONE Extra: Art
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Gyth Sibling Adopt

Postby BluebonnetBree » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 am

Username: Mother~of~Dragons
History: Khaleesi was born a week after her half brother, Gyth, sired by the same stallion but birthed by different mares. Their father, a strong and fairly colorful stallion, was a cold husk of a horse and rarely did anything to communicate or socialize with his foals. Khaleesi's dam, a pretty Arabian, was a kind and somewhat shy mare and knew where her place was in the herd, while Gyth's dam, a sturdy paint, was just as cold as their shared father. She often picked on the lower ranked mares and forced her son to pick on the other foals. When they turned 6 months old and were forced away from their dams to wean she turned to the only other horse she thought she had a connection to, her half brother Gyth. For a time they played and grew up together and quickly forgot about their mothers, who by now were getting ready to breed again.

Their first stages of training began and when they became yearlings they were separated into pastures with other horses of their gender. Khaleesi never saw her half brother much after that and she seemed to pull into her self to hide the pain of losing her only friend. As the months passed by her training intensified and she grew into her adult body but she never forgot about Gyth and she often wondered what had happened to him. When she turned two she was sent to a horse market with the rest of the two year olds but she couldn't find Gyth at all and grew sadder. After a week at the market she was brought back with a handful of remaining horses who didn't sell and tossed back into the pasture. By this time she very often didn't move away from the fence except to eat or drink, and none of the other horses bothered to talk to her. People came and looked at her but they always chose a different horse to buy and she was constantly ignored by many.

By the time she became three she was severely underweight and barely moved away from her post by the fence, potential buyers avoided her like the plague now and went on to buy some of the newer two year olds. When the moved her to a new pasture they had to carry her in a sling because she was too weak to walk, and thats when she finally saw him. Gyth had become a fine stallion and looked almost exactly like their father. When she saw him she found the strength in herself to get up and go to him and at first he didn't recognize her but soon realized who she was. They spent days reuniting, telling the stories they had learned and slowly she began to get healthier and bigger.

A couple months later war broke out and horses all over the country were being taken or bought and shipped over seas to be used as war horses. When the men came for them they took a lot of horses including Gyth but left her behind saying she was too "dainty" and "fancy" to be a war horse and she never got to say goodbye to her brother. During the three years the war lasted she was trained to be a dressage horse and because of her "fancy" coat she became popular with the people who came to watch her shows. She never forgot about Gyth but she never let herself slip back into the way she had been before and she stayed strong. When the war ended the remaining horses were shipped back to their homes and she was ecstatic to see Gyth was still alive. When she ran up to greet him he only glanced at her before moving away. She noticed he was covered in scars and seemed different than the three year old she had reunited with. Try as she might she could never get him to play or talk with her and eventually she was sold to a new home and she never saw him after that. She still remembers how they had played as foals and wonders if that part of him will ever return.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personality: Khaleesi is a very strong mare and doesn't let many things bother her now. She still has that fire in her heart and she loves to play with any horse that she befriends. There are still moments when she remembers how Gyth ignored her and she becomes sad but there are always people or horses who keep her company until she gets better. She's not shy at all and will often be the first horse to greet you and the first to take off with something of yours in a game. She doesn't like to be pushed around and when she's angry she has quite the temper. She doesn't have any bad habits and her only quirk is her days where she gets sad, you could call it horse depression if you want. She's a big baby and often prances around showing off the fact she has a "fancy" coat and she's a "dainty" mare. Her past has shaped her in ways most horses wouldn't understand.
Last edited by BluebonnetBree on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Username: SilverBell90
Show Name: Cookie Dough Crunch
Barn Name: Crisco
GIF of Piglet: http://rebloggy.com/post/photoset-gif-d ... 2291305423
Here
History:
Personality:
ONE Extra: A piece of artwork at the end of this week. I don't have time to do art on week days.
Last edited by SilverBell90 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostbite18 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Username: Frostbite18
Show Name: Fighting for Freedom
Barn Name: Freedom
GIF of Piglet: http://www.tumblr.com/search/disney%20piglet%20gif# ( One on the right on the top row)
History: Freedom was born a year after her brother Gyth. She met him over the fence as the weaned colts were right next to the mares and foals paddock. Freedom was always on a good mood and constantly annoyed her serious brother with her endless enthusiasm. Gyth seemed to take after their dam, a somewhat cold and very stern mare. Freedom took after their sire, a joyful and strong willed stallion with a heart of gold. Freedom talk to her father a bit twice, and both times it was evident that the two were very much alike. Though he was grumpy in her opinion Freedom adored Gyth, he was her big brother after all. One day when Freedom was three, her peaceful and picturesque life was shattered. Unbeknownst to Freedom her and her brothers destinies had already been chosen. They had been bred to be war horses, the war was in need of extra horses and their owner had been paid well to supply strong young horse. A group of people showed up, their faces cold and emotionless and they headed over to Gyth's paddock. Gyth was taken away and put in the trailer....then they came for Freedom. Gwen, their mother, had been through this before and being cold hearted simply looked away. Freedom could here her father, Noble, calling though. " No! Don't take them!" He cried, of course the humans could not understand. Freedom was well deserving of her name, she galloped about the paddock for nearly and hour without being caught. She was exhausted when someone sneaked up behind her and tossed rope over her head. She still fought but being tired the humans managed to get more ropes on her and dragged her into a trailer full of other young mares. "Gyth! GYTH!" she shrieked as she watched the trailer leave, then her trailer rolled out. She could still hear her sire's cries of despair as she headed toward her new life.

Freedom arrived at a war camp, the horses were tied to a post and each fitted a saddle. Freedom's long flowing mane and tail were shorn, only a short mohawk of mane was left. Then they hammered things onto her feet, Freedom was scared but guessed that it would get better. She kept scanning the new place for Gyth, she thought she saw him walking by a ways off once, but the mares and stallions were kept separately she didn't see him again. Then came the worst part, suddenly a horse down the line let out a shriek of fear and pain. Freedom looked up, scared and saw a stern faced human walking down the line with a glowing stick.When it touched the horses it obviously caused pain. Freedom fought and fought when it was her turn, even getting a kick in, finally though the oker was slammed to her rump. Hot pain burned her skin and Freedom shrieked in terror. Later when she was left tied to the post, she looked back, upon her rump was the stamp that meant she belonged here now and forever. Freedom was scared to death the first time she was ridden into war, six months after her arrival. This was nothing like the training, the gunshots were louder, pained cries of human and horse filled the air. Freedom had a feeling she must do this though and charged on bravely. Even though she was a good horse, her career here did not last. Freedom being the positive horse she was, hated seeing all the bodies and such, she stayed strong though. No, the reason she left was an accident. Freedom was going into war for the 7th time, it was the same nervous feeling but she had grown accustomed to the sounds of war. They were riding in when there was a sudden bang, Freedom was thrown sideways and skidded on her side. She screamed in pain and looked down to see a large shrapnel shard embed in her side, her back left leg also had a deep laceration. Thinking this was it, Freedom passed out, her brave soul ready for death.

Freedom awoke back at the camp, somehow she was alive. It turns out Freedom's rider had survived the blast with only a broken arm and a few fractured ribs. When the people said they would shoot Freedom to put her out of her misery, her rider stopped them saying: "She is strong of heart and mind, she will heal in time". So Freedom lived but could no longer serve. The wound in her side would take months to heal and it seemed her back leg would have a permanent limp. Freedom was taken to a rescue barn that took in many wounded war horses. She slowly healed there and even though everyone said she would have a heavy limp, she didnt. Somehow her leg healed enough that she ended up with only a slight limp. Her good attitude got her through though she sometimes freezes in terror as she has flashback of war. She fights through this too and never lost her good attitude and enthusiasm through her hardships. Freedom was adopted once she was healed and treated with best of care at the new table. The stable owner decided to use Freedom to put on shows for wounded warriors. Seeing how much Freedom liked this, the owner took Freedom to a reenactment. Freedom was performing well as always when she suddenly froze, her rider gently tried to keep her going. Suddenly the mare whinnied in joy and ran to a paint stallion across from her. The owner saw the two together and immediately knew, they looked so alike! Freedom nosed Gyth, he was scarred by war and more cod and serious than ever but it was him no doubt. The two had their reunion and Freedom left happier than ever. Freedom is now used for some dressage shows, the wounded warriors shows and reenactments where she can see her brother, the only thing she can't do is jump because of her leg. The owner thinks she might breed Freedom in the future year or two as the mare seems like she would be a great dam. Freedom sometimes thinks of the war and wonders how her war rider is. She will never forget it, especially since she has the large ragged scar on her side and the brand on her rump. Freedom will never let it change her though.

Personality: Freedom is always thinking positively, no matter how bad it gets she always believes things will get better. She has a fierce heart and will fight for what is right. She has a bit of a temper but usually only when someone deserves it. Freedom takes after her father and never really clicked with her cold mother, though she did love her. Since she didn't see her sire often she is really closest to her big brother. She found Gyth's serious nature annoying but still looked up to him.

ONE Extra: I attempted to draw Freedom and Gyth meeting at the war reenactment for the first time.
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.2 KiB) Viewed 264 times
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Beautiful Voices~ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 am

beautiful <3 reminds me of my mare I'm Only Human :D
~Beautiful Voices~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Mother~of~Dragons wrote:Username: Mother~of~Dragons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Yay! Thank you! I finally have a horse named Khaleesi :3
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me