Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳ [Hiatus?] by PurpleKakashi

Based on Click to view
Artist PurpleKakashi [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 13
127 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳ [Hiatus?]

Postby PurpleKakashi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:50 pm

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rukami are the species responsible for the legend of the werewolf. They appear to have canine features, but they actually are more closely related to mustelids, such as the otter, badger, and wolverine. Rukami (Rue-KAH-mee) are highly intelligent creatures, but their mostly solitary lifestyles have so far prevented them from forming any kind of society structure. They inhabit tracts of land rich in prey, and are territorial to each other and packs of wolves.

With the aid of their opposable thumbs, Rukami craft all kinds of accessories and adornments from things they find in nature, even going so far as to cut gemstones and tan leather. Some even make weapons, but it is considered a weakness, and shameful to rely on anything but tooth and claw. Rukami make their own adornments as they age, often creating items to wear based on their personalities or what they like to do. Rukami enjoy making special items for their mates, and often present carefully made jewelry or accessories to someone they are pursuing. They can craft many things using common items such as stones, vines, leaves, bark and wood, flowers, feathers, shells, bones, clay, and fur. Uncommon items take longer to make and require special skill; these include beads, rope, gemstones, amber, leather, and ivory. Very talented Rukami that have dedicated their lives to the craft can forge metal items from iron, gold, and silver.

There are whispers and rumors of some Rukami with unnatural powers, but most don't believe such nonsense. There are some that believe that the power of the spirit can manifest itself in the power to control the elements, experiencing visions of future and past, dreamwalking, and even telepathy and telekinesis.

Rukami typically come in natural colors, but coat accents of blue, greens, and purples is not uncommon. Many have longer tufts of fur on their heads like hair, and their ears tails can come in all shapes and sizes. Rukami are seen with many different kinds of features, such as back manes, tusks, horns, longer claws, glowing eyes, multiple tails, and more. Some features are more rare than others, such as the presence or absence of hair being common and iridescent eyes being very rare.

Older Rukami are often found in mating pairs. They take many years to settle on the right partner, and typically mate for life. Kits are born one at a time, raised until they can fend for themselves, and are promptly kicked out to make way for new young. Females can have three to four offspring in their lifetimes. Both females and male are known to hold territories, but typically females are more nomadic as they search for males with the largest and most bountiful properties. Males can choose to wander and not hold territories, and sometimes groups of Rukami can live together, whether wandering or holding a territory.

Rukami can live for over a century. They can be any sexuality, but only male and female pairs can have young. Many times same-gender parents search for abandoned cubs and raise them as their own.

HINT: If you make a back story for a Rukami try-out that goes strongly against their biology or social information, your form will likely not be chosen as the winner. Rukami with magic powers will be indicated in their design, its not permitted for your Rukami to have powers otherwise except for in private/unofficial roleplays.

➀ Follow CS rules.
      ➁ Do not trade or sell your Rukami.
      ➂ Do not ask to be a moderator or artist.
      ➃ No begging, whining, or bribing.
      ➄ Do not bump this thread for the sake of bumping.
      ➅ You may own infinite Rukami.
      ➆ Breeding can only be done in the Breeding Center.
      ➇ You can be banned for breaking the rules repeatedly.
      ➈ Please do not mini-mod, get controlling or pressure artists to judge a contest.
      There is a 5 day cool down! Starting from when you are announced winner.

Q: How can I adopt a Rukami?
        A: Some Rukami will be free adoptions, just fill out the form! Others will be sold or auctioned for various currencies (CS pets, DA points, USD, ect).
      Q: Can I apply to be an artist or moderator?
      Q: Can I have a custom?
        A: Customs will be available on an auction basis.
      Q: Can I request line edits for my Rukami?
        A: Every single Rukami comes with some kind of line edit. If you want more, there will be a shop where you can purchase such things.
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:38 am, edited 45 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳ Staff Info.

Postby PurpleKakashi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:12 pm

S ᴛ ᴀ ғ ғ . I ɴ ғ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ

Artists must adhere to the following rules. Each artist can hold open positions for accessory work, but only for Rukami that they designed. Artists will occasionally hold auctions (either for CS currency or through DevaintArt for points or cash). These auctions can be for customs or for a special, elaborate design.
      Artists must PM me to open or close their slots and shops.

Follow basic Rukami biology.
      Do not make Rukami with special powers of any kind without permission.
      Rukami cannot have magical items.
      All Rukami must have at least one small line edit. PM me if you have a question about what line edits are permissible.
      For every 10th Rukami you make, you can hold an auction or flat sale. The Rukami you auction/sell can be a custom for the highest bidder, or a special design. These Rukami are allowed to have special powers or accessories, but you must PM me first so I can approve the idea.
      You can make one custom Rukami for yourself (currently), you must be active to claim this custom. If you want it to have special powers or accessories, PM me first.
      You must be willing and able to make changes to your adopts if I request them.
      Do not accept bribes or tolerate begging from users. Report rule-breakers to me.

Purple Kakashi { accessory shop | open } { breeding | open } {customs | open }
        Payment: dA Points, List Pets, WL Pets or Items

LostHope { accessory shop | open } { breeding | unavailable } {customs | unavailable }
        Payment: C$, WL Pets and Items

Poison Wolf { accessory shop | unavailable } { breeding | open } {customs | unavailable }
        Payment: Free, CS WL Items, and WL Pets

Fera { accessory shop | unavailable } { breeding | unavailable } {customs | unavailable }
        Payment: N/A

Watch Witch { accessory shop | open } { breeding | open } {customs | unavailable }
        Payment: FR treasure, Free

~Tialura~ { accessory shop | unavailable } { breeding | open } {customs | unavailable }
        Payment: PM for details

Rᴀɢɴᴀʀ { accessory shop | open } { breeding | open } {customs | unavailable }
      Payment: Rare/List Pets, C$, dA Points
[/size]

Must follow all artist rules, you may only make 4 Rukami, if you break any rules, biology, ect. you will be removed and get a warning. After you have posted 4 Rukami you are aloud to make 1 Rukami for yourself (meaning you may make 5 Rukami total), you can not do any custom line edits on your Rukami and you must get the Rukami approved by me before posting him or her.
      • Kaden -5
      • The Master Doctor -4
      • Alchemist -4

Moderators, or MODs, must follow there own set of rules while following their own set of rules to keep them in check. Mods will keep contests ending on time, help artists judge contest if needed, kindly and peacefully keep everyone following Rukami rules and biology, and of course answer questions and keep the peace.
      • .Ape.
      • SchnaDin
      • Caeneus

Currently there is only one archivist and may only ever be one -unless help is needed. The job is to keep track of the Rukami and who owns who.
      If you change your username please message << Undertaker >> with the change so they can keep the archive updated.
[/list]
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 54 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby PurpleKakashi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:12 pm

S ᴜ ᴘ ᴘ ᴏ ʀ ᴛ . U s
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2335111][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/196/e/5/rukamistamp_by_lifewithpi-d7qtuku.gif[/img][/url]

Image Image Image Image Image ImageTerminaè Image ImageImage Image
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 40 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Accessories & Potions & Customs!

Postby PurpleKakashi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm

^ all shops have moved to a separate form. ^
*click the image*
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 am, edited 20 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳

Postby felidae89 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Marking :3
Image join up! limited spots available. then friend me so i can play with you!
felidae89

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby t i r e d. » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 pm

marking c:
t i r e d.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BugaBee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 pm

First two Rukami are up.
Open for $USD commissions only.
BugaBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BugaBee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Second two Rukami are up for adoption!
BugaBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Song » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Aaah wowow these are so cool! C::
    Amazing job on the lineart and info Bee, I just love their concept ; a ; they almost seem like they exist ahaha.
    I'll definitely be watching these closely <3

hello !
call me windy ~

D A M s

''and then i felt
chills in my bones ''
Wind Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BugaBee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Wind Song wrote:
    Aaah wowow these are so cool! C::
    Amazing job on the lineart and info Bee, I just love their concept ; a ; they almost seem like they exist ahaha.
    I'll definitely be watching these closely <3

Thanks! I think so too! c:
BugaBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me