Drawing sessions 8
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ice Rune

Postby Jendalie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Pyry

Owner: Tundra
Breedable: Yes
Type: Ice Rune

(Notice: Recycled story from the now discontinued Frost Rune. This Rune was made as a replacement and to recirculate a winter themed dragon back into the group.)

"Of Ice and Snow"

"After my discovery of the Winter Ancient I happened upon several Runes that were blowing intricate snowflakes from their mouths, frosting windows or hanging icicles from roofs and trees. These types are found in abundance during cold seasons or in very cold climates. They seem to aid Winter in delivering his weather to different locations around Eldemore. They are somewhat mischievous and very playful creatures. Sometimes a random snowball may come into contact with an unsuspecting passerby while they are around. When not working in the cold season they can usually be found in food shops or restaurants keeping goods nice a cool during warmer weather; Although these are rare occurrences. Usually they migrate with the changing seasons and prefer colder climates."

Congratulations Tundra!

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.
Last edited by Jendalie on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ice Rune

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Might try for, it will be a hard choice between this and the Nightshade Egg *is trying to follow rules*~ I, sadly, will not be trying for this georgious rune, but to it's new owner will take great care of this rune.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Owner Name:
Shiko Hayashi
Name:
Ardour

I had way too much fun thinking up a name, honestly. I first thought a good Celtic name would go well with him, but then.... Then I studied him. I look real good and real long at his picture and I began to giggle. Ardour. Like, as in the arduous journey he trekked. I thought it would be perfect. Constantly battling with those he meet's, he truly would make for an interesting partner.

Personality:
Fiery

I glared at the Rune dragon, matching it's ice yellow eyes with my own blue ones. With one hand, I grasped the ice cream cone, my hand enveloping it's claw. "Mine." It hissed. I smirked at it and licked the top. It squeaked with anger. "Mine now."

Temperamental

I watched with growing amusement as the vein in Adour's head began to throb. Absinthe pecked and poked at the giant rune, his wide orange eyes curious and innocent. I couldn't help a low chuckle, receiving a rather nasty glare from Adour.

Cloud Watcher

Adour stared lazily up at the sky, his eyelids falling heavily. I felt a small smile begin to form upon my sun kissed face. Despite all the fits and fights we got into, it was these small moments that really touched me.

Why do you wish to have him/her:
Well, I happen to love winter. Unlike most people, who have a tendency to love the warmer times, I can't help but love cold. frigid, ice cold. Plus, I thought he would make a good companion for Absinthe, my younger rune. The poor thing get's so lonely when I'm away. It would be good to have someone watch over him. So he doesn't rearrange my entire house. Again.
Where will you keep him/her:
Signature, right next to Absinthe. I'll also most likely add him to my character site, which is undergoing construction.
Also, I'm trying to make plushies? So I was hoping I could try and make a plushie version of him. I'll send you pictures if I ever get it done.
Not too mention I'm working on my water color painting. I have a really good idea for this boy as well. It involves Celtic knots, if your wondering.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes. Absolutely. Little Adour's all over the place is just what this site needs. ^_^;
Any Quirks:
I'm not sure if this is normal with a Rune dragon, but whenever we go past the Polar bears at the zoo, I literally have to hold him down on a leash and chain. He'll try and leap into the enclosure just so he can sit on the bear's heads. It's the weirdest quirk I have ever seen, and yet it's just so darn hilarious.
Other:
"Ah. Ah! AH!
A sight!
Oh a sight thy behold
For thy whispers are like honey
And thy words like milk
Flowing across thy skin
Like the softest of silk

Ah. Ah! AH!
I yearn for thy paw
For thy warmth
And for thou art beautiful tail
To caress my warm heart
I shall make hast
So not an effort is waste
In wooing my beloved
I hope to chase

Ah. Ah! AH!
Thy fly so gently
Thy wisdom is infinite
I shalt not wait
Another minute of this
For surely thou art know
Of thy's own beauty?
I am tempted by the tempter himself
And I cannot resist
Nor shall I resist"

Adour: Okay Shiko. You can stop now. It's kind of scaring me.

"What a buzz killer. I thought I was doing great. I even added in my own lines."

Adour: Yeah. I noticed. Hence why I stopped you. Before you hurt someone.

*hurrumph* "Fine. What about your part? Your in this play too, you know."

"What is thy beauty!
What is thy shame!
I feel as if my heart will be rendered into two
Take me, oh tempter of fate!
Take me into thy fiery pits of Hell!
I shall not resist!
I cannot resist
For thy will, is mine

Adour: Happy?

*tears sparkle in eyes* You should act more. You almost put Shakespeare to shame.

Adour: *glares, but blushes*
Last edited by Shiko Hayashi on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Aww man, why now lol. I want this rune so bad..but...after already having done art and a story for the Mystery egg #4 I don't want to drop out of it just to enter for this rune.. I wish you could enter for both lol.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:40 pm

ImageOwner Name:Image
i8chichi

ImageName:Image
Menthe Poivrée
meaning 'peppermint' in French
nicknames Poi, Vrée, Menth, sometimes I call her Toothpaste.

ImageGender:Image
female

ImagePersonality:Image
wip

ImageLikes:Image
wip

ImageDislikes:Image
wip

ImageFavorites:Image
wip

ImageWhy do you wish to have her:Image
The instant I saw this icey dragon, I fell in love. My favorite color is blue, and this girl has the most amazing shades. I love the winter and ice/snow, and people think I'm weird for prefering it over summer and the heat. She would be my first rune, and the most perfect one for me, at that.

ImageWhere will you keep her:Image
I'd fix up my signature and put her in there with my wintery Jellybean Dragon, Moneta. I'd give her a page on my character thread {being made} and I'd draw pictures of her and hang them on my bedroom wall.

ImageWould you like to breed her in the future:Image
I probably will, yes.

ImageAny Quirks:Image
• Poi sneezes alot, whether she's sick or not, she still does.
• Poi loves to wake up early in the morning, and sit outside when its all cold and frosty
• she loves to hide in the freezer

ImageOther:Image
Some tradicional art! ^^

WIP
Its beautiful. ;u;
Last edited by nio on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast-et » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 pm

So beautiful Jen!
...I don't think Aludra would approve of me trying to adopt him though, lol
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:33 pm

CUte, but I found another
Last edited by Flowerdust on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:48 pm

reserving....

Postby Sneky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:21 am

Owner Name:
snowyowl379
Name:
Talvi (Winter in Finnish)
Why I chose this name:
The name sounds beutiful and elegant, and I think it matches this Rune perfectly.
Personality: Sadly, Talvi is a sort of depressed Rune. She isn't always jumping around joyfuly all the time. She often just sits in her nest, playing with the fluffy cotton that lines it. I can usually get her to play with a toy about once a week, but that's it. But in winter, it's a whole different story. I can barley get her back in the house sometimes. She is burrowing in and out of the snowdrifts. She is constantly giggling, and in a very playful mood. Sometimes when the snow clings to her body, she looks like a ghost! She judges people on first impressions, and by looks. She prefers night over day, as it is colder. She also likes it when I read to her. She is sly and sneaky, often hiding my things in the freezer. She is a slow-moving Rune, and takes a long time to get to her feet. Even though she is slow moving, she is quick minded. She knows how to solve almost every problem, but not the problem of her depression. She enjoys things that are dark and mysterious. She is a caring and tender-hearted Rune, and a great friend.
Why do you wish to have him/her: Ever since I was little, I have loved ice and snow. I love to tromp around in the tall snowdrifts that pile up in my yard. None of my friends and family like the cold, though. This Rune embodies my favorite time of year, and my favorite things to do. This is probably my favorite Rune on the thread so far. I could see how many people could think it is troll-like and sort of ugly, but I looked past all of the sheets of ice, and found a beutiful Rune, on the inside and on the outside.
Where will you keep him/her:
Definitely in my signature. A Rune this amazing deserves to be shown to the world. I also would do a lot of fan art of her.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future: Yes please! I want to see what wonderful baby Runes the artists could come up with for her.
Any Quirks:
For some reason, Talvi loves showers! She can't go in one, though, because the water would melt her. So I turn on the shower, and let her watch it. It keeps her out of my hair for a few hours. She also loves strawberry-banana smoothies. But she doens't drink them. No, she swims in them. There is a special bowl that I pour many smoothies into, and she swims in it. She is also obsesed with a little teddy I call 'shnuggly-booh'. If anyone trys to come near it, she will screech and try to scratch you.
Favorites
Favorite song: None
Favorite movie: A Christmas Carol
Favorite food: Moon Pies
Favorite Animal: Snowy Owls
Favorite Beverage: Iced Tea
Favorite School Subject: Social Studies
Fears
Like all Runes, Talvi has some fears. I haven't discovered all of them, but here are the ones that I know of:
Fire, snakes, spiders, calamari, soda, pants, and school buses.
Other:
The story of Talvi, Lumi, and Blizzard

"What was that?" Talvi whispered into Lumi's ear. "Oh, don't worry. It's just the wolves. They won't hurt us. i know you're still new at this, but you've got to get used to hearing these noises." The Pine Forest was a creepy and dangerous place. Predators were constantly on the move, and with one wrong step, you could end up being a fox's lunch. "What was it you needed to get anyway?" Talvi said, looking nervous as another wolf howeled. "I needed to get some lichen and holly. You can't find a lot of that stuff on the tundra."
"Well, are you almost done? I'm starting to get scared." Lumi plucked a few more holly berries off of a branch. "There, done. Now, let's head back to camp."
"Great. This forest was starting to freak me out." And with that, Talvi and Lumi headed on back to the camp. The tundra seemed barren, except for the occational fox. Then, a boom of life and magic seemed to appear out of nowhere. It was the camp. Thousands of ice and snow Runes were spread out through the acres of camp, and they all seemed to be doing something different. Some were mixing potions, and some were training for combat. But all of them stopped what they were doing, and looked up when they heard a screach that made your bones tremble. It was Froslin. Froslin was the lead regular rune for the winter season. He was only a bit larger than regular Runes, but that few inches made a huge difference. "All Runes! Gather at camp square!" Camp square was the middle of the camp. Froslin had drawn a circle there to make it 'special'. It was usually where camp meetings were held.
"As you know, fall is over. The dragons that make fall are weak now, so it is time for us to attack! We will head out at midnight, so you have until then to pack your box." All the Runes cheered and whistled with delight. Winter was almost here! All they had to do was get location assignments, and then they would head out to battle the fall Runes for control of the world. Their boxes had all of their potions and spells that they prepared this year.
"Ooh! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see where I go this year! Last year, I..."
"I personally don't care. What I want to know; is where I'm going. I can't wait for my first winter!"
"Yeah, hopefully they'll send you somewhere easy, like Georgia. All you need to do there is a frost spell once a day." Then, the two Runes heard a high-pitched scream. It was the clockbird signifying that it was midnight.
"Let's go!" The normally dark Arctic sky was illuminated by the Northern Lights. The iridescent colors bounced off off the ice on the Runes' wings, making all of them look beautiful.
"Attention!" Everyone looked up to see Froslin standing on a small glacier. "I have placement assignments for all of you." All of the Runes stirred around anxiously, some with exciment, others with fear. "Now, group one will be going to Iceland and Scandinavia. Group two, you will be heading to northern Europe, starting at the border of Finland. Group three, you will command southern Europe." After hundreds of groups later, Froslin finally announced where the apprentices would be going. "Apprentices, you will be coming with me to the US. Senior apprentices, I think you are old enough to graduate. You will be joining group twenty-nine to Siberia. Good luck, and have a great winter." And with that, all the Runes took to the sky, boxes strapped to their back, and started flying to there respected locations.
"Can you believe it! I'm going to Siberia with the big Runes!"
"Good luck!" Talvi was going to miss Lumi, but she was sure she was going to have fun in the US. When they finally arrived, they could see the fall Runes limping around tiredly. Clearly, bringing autumn took all of their energy.
"Hey, who are you?" A rather small Rune was flying toward Talvi.
"I'm Talvi. And you are..." "Blizzard. I'm a new apprentice." "So am I, but you are so small. Are you a baby?"
"Yes, yes I am. But Froslin said I'm a 'prodigy'. He said I'm ready for this."
"Alrigh. On my signal, we attack." It was Froslin. "ATTACK!" Every Rune swooped in on the weak fall Runes, and started fighting. Talvi grabbed the neack of an old autumn Rune, and started choking her. The Rune struggled, and went limp. Talvi let her go, and she scampered away shamefully. She looked to her right, and saw Blizzard is a struggle with a burly male Rune, with plumage red as blood. Talvi ran over and scratched the Rune's eyes and muzzle. He let out a screech of pain, and ran away.
"Thanks. I owe you." Blizzard said, gasping for breath.
"You're welcome. I guess Froslin was right, you are pretty good. Speaking of him, where is Froslin?" The Runes started pacing through the blood-stricken battlefield, looking for their leader.
"Uh... Talvi! I..I think I found him." Talvi walked over to where Blizzard was standing. Then, she saw a cluster of leaves, that was spattered with blood.
"Blizzard, this isn't Froslin. It's just a pile..." Then, Blizzard pulled back a portion of the leaves. Under them, she saw the horror-stricken face of Froslin, Spattered with blood. Both Runes stood infront of the body, slowly processing all that happened. Suddenly, something seemed to click in Blizzard's mind. "I can heal him." Blizzard said.
"WHAT?!? Are you nuts? He's already dead, you can't heal a Rune that's already dead!"
"Yes you can." And with that, Blizzard flew away, seeming to know what to do. Talvi could see her rumaging through her box, obviously looking for something. She came back with a purple, sparkling bottle. "It's a ressurection potion." She poured it on the wound on Froslin's shoulder. The burly Rune woke up suddenly, gasping for breath.
'Ugh...girls. Thank you. Now, go to your hollow and start working." Froslin stood up, grabbed his box, and flew into the woods. Talvi and Blizzard grabbed their boxes, and flew to an empty tree hollow. There, they filled it with dead leaves and snow, and went to sleep. When they awoke, it was clear that the other winter Runes were hard at work. The lakes were frozen over, the ground was covered in thick layers of snow, and there was a dry crispness in the air.
"Well, let's get to work! I'll work on conjuring up some snow, and you can take care of the animals." Talvi was quite happy making snow, but she counden't wait to check on the animals.
"OK, see you tonight!" Blizzard flew off with many different bottles in her hands. Talvi went back in the hollow, and pulled out a scroll from her box. "Snow spell. Aruth ma kret grout..." After many minuets of cryptic words, a small gray clout appeared in the middle of the hollow. Talvi gouded the cloud outside, and watched grow bigger, and start to sprinkle snow on the ground. It glided away, and Talvi walked back inside the hollow. Now she had to do it all over again! This was going to be a very boring day. When Blizzard got back to the hollow, she looked sad. "What's the matter, Blizzard?"
"Oh, nothing. You'll find out tomorow." Talvi looked quizicaly at Blizzard, and she sent back a look of sharp pain.
"OK... Hey, you want some lemming for dinner? I found them starved to death in a little puddle of black liquid, so I washed them off. They're really good, but I already ate mine, You want yours?" At that note, Blizzard started crying histericly. "So it's a 'no' on the lemming?" Blizzard started crying even harder. Talvi decided to leave her alone, and went to sleep. The next day, Talvi woke up extra early. Today was the day she was going to check on the animals! She grabbed everything in the 'animal' section of her bag, and headed out. The first stop on her list was a cardinal nest. She took a right into the oak forest, and saw a nest, with two cardinals in it. She flew up, and perched on the branch next to the nest. She peeped her head in the nest, and saw three newbord cardinasl, and their parents. But when they saw her, they weren't too happy, The male cardinal Screeched, and flew up to Talvi's face. He started pecking and scratching at her eyes, but Talvi tried to fight back. in te end, she just coulden't do it. She just coulden't bear to hurt a little bird, or any animal in that matter. She had to go see Froslin and ask him why this was happening. "Froslin! Froslin!" She hollard as she swooped through the forest. She finally found him in an old pine tree. He was making a frost potion, when she scrambled into his den. "Froslin!"
"What is it, child"
"Why do all the forest animals hate me?" There was a moment of silence, before Froslin let out a sigh of discomfort.
"I'd hpoed I'd never have to tell a Rune as young as you this. I thought a Rune as smart and intuitive as you would have found out on her own."
"Why do they hate me?" Talvi looked straight into the elder Rune's eyes, and saw that they stung with the same pain as Blizzard's.
"They hate you because you bring everything that they hate. Frost, famine, darkness, disease. That black liquid that you found the lemmings in yesterday..."
"How did you know?"
"I always know, Talvi. The liquid was famine potion. Blizzard and I had the same talk yesterday. I told her that she had to do it. That this is the way it is, and the way it will always be. And I will tell the same to you. Talvi, I can't change anything. You just have to accept it."
"No! I won't harm an innocent creature just because 'it's the way things are'. I'm leaving!"
"Talvi! You can't!"
"Yes I can. And I am. I can't live the rest of my life with my only motivation being harming animals. I'm going to find someone who loves me!" Froslin let out a deep sigh.
"I was hoping you woulden't do this."
"I've made up my mind."
"Than there is a house a few miles from here. Maybe someone there can help you. Goodbye Talvi."
"Goodbye Froslin." They bowed to each other, and Talvi flew out the entrance to the hollow.
"I'm gonna miss you." Froslin murmered. As a last minuet decision, Talvi decided to say goodbye to Blizzard. She liked the spunky little Rune, and wanted to wish her the best.
"Blizzard, I'm leaving."
"Oh, I know. you're going to go kill animals." She sniffled and wiped a tear from her eye.
"No, I mean I'm leaving the winter society."
"WHAT!?! You can't do that! I just met you, and I like you and..."
"Blizzard, It's OK. I'm leaving because I can't live this way. It's for the best."
"Oh, OK. I'll miss you."
"I'll miss you too. Send my regards to Lumi, when you get home."
"OK." The two friends hugged, then Talvi flew out the hollow entrance. As she was leaving, she could hear Blizzard sobbing again.
"A few miles. That's not that far." Talvi said sarcasticly. She hoped to find a new life at this house. A better life.

A little poem I wrote
All That They Hate

Why, Why, why do they hate me?
All the birds and the squirrels run away when they see me
The dogs attack me
The cats try to scratch me
And not a single butterfly in sight.
I am not bad
I don't wan't to hurt them
But they won't listen,
They just run away.
It's not my fault I'm cold
I just am.
So why do they hate me so?
Art:
I only did one piece of artwork, 'cause I'm pretty bad at computer-drawing
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1370745
Last edited by Sneky on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 am, edited 12 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarill » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 am

Must. Resist. Trying. Out. For. More. Runes...
I'm not going to try out for this beauty after all
Last edited by Sarill on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me