Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Leaf Rune Dragon

Postby Benathorn » Thu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm

"The Story of the Brave Rune"

"As I finally make my way back home through the forest, I watch the many runes fly about and chatter to one another. However A loud screech and a thump to the back of my head knocked me down to the forest floor. Disoriented and a bit angry at the sudden attack, I was able to turn in time to see a very green Rune sitting on my back. I swat the creature away while cursing under my breath for the crazy rune's antics as I questioned why it had attacked me so. The Rune simply picked up a stick in it's jaws and proceeded to attack me with it. However it was quite small and I was amazed at how fearless the little creature was at it tapped me with the stick like a blade. Apparently I was about to step on an egg that must of fallen from the trees. Looking to the creature with a sorry expression, I apologize for not seeing it sooner and handed the egg to him. The dragon who was wearing a peculiar hat leaf and nodded it's thanks while using it's owl-like claws as hands and tipping his little leaf hat to me. I had seen these type of Runes before inhabit the forests like spirits watching over their trees. Leaf Runes are fiercely protective of their loved ones and adorn themselves in leaves and vines as if to go off into battle with whatever foe they faced no matter how big they are. Their bravery has no bounds and they will attack those who are twice their size without thought if it means to protect what is rightfully theirs. Though brave indeed, these little creatures are also very chivalrous and polite when it comes to meeting new people but if you get on their bad side, watch out! They won't hesitate to show you what for!"

Owner:
homeworkfan
Name:
Arthur
Type:
Leaf Rune Dragon
Breedable:
Sure, but I'll probably let the other person have the offspring.
Last edited by Benathorn on Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Leaf Rune Dragon

Postby Irios Atelis » Thu May 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Owner Name:
Nix

Name:
~~~

Personality:
~~~

Why do you wish to have him/her:
~~~

Where will you keep him/her:
~~~

Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
~~~

Any Quirks:
~~~

Story:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

BIG WIP
Irios Atelis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Photographic » Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 am

Owner Name: The backwards book is my username, is that what you mean? Or do you want a name, like a human name?
~
Name: Origin
~~~
~~~
Personality: Origin is a true veteran. He has experienced much in his young life, and even among leaf rune dragons, he is considered a very brave, and even slightly stupid, young dragon. Hot headed and a bit too proud at times, Origin can be unbelievably brave, or unbelievably stupid. Its really hard for him to sort through his emotions, being very young, but he really is a good rune dragon. He just needs a steady hand to show him how to control himself, and then he needs to get some more experience dealing with people as friends, instead of as enemy's.
~~~
Why do you wish to have him/her: Well, he's really unique. His little hat and his odd plant tendrils. The plants really connect with me, and I think we could be friend. (Because being friends with imaginary creatures is a specialty of mine XD)
~~~
Where will you keep him/her: I don't have a character thread, so I'll just book mark this thread and keep an eye on him, I might get some art of him, I might even try my had at some art.
~~~
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: Yes, but only with my OK.
~~~
Any Quirks: Yes, Origin has this little quirk about him, see, he always likes to keep some little sharp sticks with him, for "protection." Really, he just likes to poke me with them. XD
~~~
Other:
"Origin! Stop poking me!" I snapped at the little rune dragon who had been keeping up a steady stream of poking at me with sticks for the last hour.
Origin cowered into my long brown hair and made a distress noise.
"Uh, crybaby..." I muttered. "Come here," I said a took him off my shoulder and into my hands.
Pealing back his leaf hat, I scratched the top of his head and he purred. "You like that, hu little rune dragon?" I cooed.
Origin's chest rumbled in approval and he ran up my arm and buried into my shoulder.
Snickering, I continued walking, "Origin, little buddy," I though with a smile, "You are-" But my thoughts and my smile were cut short by a sharp jab in the side of my neck.
"OH YOU LITTLE-! YOUR DEAD!" I screamed and fumbled for the little troublemaker. But, Origin was already gone, he had jumped off my shoulder and climbed up into a large tree.
"You can't stay up there forever!" I said in an annoyed voice, rubbing my neck and scowling.
Origin made a smug sound and stuck out his tongue at me.
"OH YOUR DEAD LIZARD BOY!" I shouted and fumed silently as he made little laughing noises.
"You are so dead when I get my hands on you mister," I muttered and set down the backpack I had been carrying, I would wait out by this tree all night if I had to.

(Hope you enjoyed the little story. I might add a part two :) )
Photographic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 am

Owner Name:
Nellas Lissësúl
Name:
Taure, meaning 'forest' in Sindarin
Personality:
Taure is a fierce little fellow, and is intense in his emotions. He is prideful and corageous, brave almost to the point of foolishness.
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
My character-thread-in-the-making. <3
Probably.
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by Nellas on Mon May 14, 2012 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Scribe » Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Owner Name:
Homeworkfan.
Name:
Arthur. (Named after King Arthur for his brave and chivalrous nature.)
Personality:
Arthur is very brave and chivalrous as well. He can be either polite or mean. Once on his bad side it is hard for somebody to get off, but it is not impossible. Once angry, he will begin to attack and do it tirelessly. He is also very mischevious and enjoys playing all sorts of pranks on others. His favorite is scaring others. He will hide high in a tree, blending in with the surrounding leaves, then swoop down on an unsuspecting passerby and scare them. He will sometimes even start attacking them with his sharp sticks. He is also extremely loyal and will do anything for his family and friends. He is very protective over those he cares about and will defend them at any cost, much like any knight would. Arthur is stealthy and blends in easily to his surroundings. He is almost as smart as he is brave, but tends to be a bit impulsive and often acts before he thinks, which often results in mistakes. He is, however, highly observant and knows what is going on around him, which often helps when he is trying to protect others. He is kind most of the time and can be forgiving. He will make sure to thank one when it is necessary. He enjoys perching high up in trees and will sometimes prefer sitting there instead of flying, although he does enjoys the feel of the wind against his wings when he takes to the air. Arthur is a very determined little rune dragon and doesn't allow himself to get distracted easily. He is organized and knows when he is going to do something. Once Arthur has sent his mind to something, he will not back out of anything, whether it be some sort of fight or just a small outing to collect some food. He is extremely adventurous and can often be found in all sorts of unfamiliar or unexplored territory.
I was first drawn to this rune by his coloration. I am very fond of the color green, and his coloration is very cheerful and enticing. I looked at the picture for a moment, enjoying his designs and the leaf hat he was wearing. Once I clicked on him to get his page I was able to see him better and liked him even more. His designs and colors seemed much brighter and I was able to notice things about him that I hadn't before. Once I had read his story and found that I liked him even more. I have a strange fascination with swords and knights, this dragon reminds me much of a knight and his sticks are like swords. I found that he is a lot like me, and I connect well with him, from his coloration to his personality. I am also fond of nature and I love the plant designs placed on him. His hat has to be one of my favorite things about this littly guy, it adds a lot to him and his personality.
He'll be kept in my signature.
Sure, but I'll probably let the other person have the offspring.
Any Quirks:
He always has his sharpened sticks with him and can often be found sharpening fallen sticks in his spare time.
Other:
(This story kind of betrays the whole adoption thing, but here's what I have so far. I'll keep working on it and hopefully it'll be finished by tonight.)
As I stepped out of my house on a warm spring morning, I caught sight of a green blur passing quickly in front of me, barreling towards the ground about ten feet ahead near the slightly forested base of the mountains. I furrowed my brow slightly, not used to seeing such things. My curiosity got the best of me as I wondered what sort of thing that was, and I walked towards it at a quick yet cautious pace. As I approached I got sighed of what looked like a bird, blending in well with the grass.

I was careful not to get too close, so as not to scare the thing away, but I watched it with curiosity. It was holding a small mouse in its mouth and it looked as if it were wearing a hat fastened out of a large leaf and a stray bit of string. Once the thing noticed me standing near it swallowed the mouse and flew into one of the lower branches of the nearest tree. I watched it for a moment, and it seemed to be doing the same with me.

It wasn’t long before the bird flew higher and disappeared from sight. I searched for the strange animal for a moment before moving on, starting up the mountain ahead of me. I looked around as I walked, enjoying the nature surrounding me, and half searching for the strange bird I had seen earlier. As I got a quarter of the way up the hill I reached a large tree in which I proceeded to climb.

I climbed quickly, as the tree was full and had many thick branches to hold onto. Soon I had reached the thin branches and decided I would spend no further time climbing, in the case a branch I happened to be holding onto snapped. I sat down, then reached my hand up, grabbing onto one of the small branches. A loud screech sounded, causing me to nearly fall off my perch. Just seconds after the loud noise, some thing hard and sharp hit the side of my head.
Last edited by The Scribe on Sat May 26, 2012 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Scribe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Owner Name:
.c i t r u s.
Name:
Tumble
Personality:

Tumble is very energetic. He loves to play, especially in trees. He is always climbing trees and hiding- which he is good at, of course. He enjoys sunshine, and is always happy. He also has a mischevious side. He is always up to something, and usually ends up in a great heap of trouble! He is very friendly, as well. He enjoys meeting new people and learning new things. He loves to travel, mainly by trees.

Tumble is basically one of the most adorable dragons ever! He is simply gorgeous, you should be REALLY proud. I love the vines, especially!
I shall keep Tumble in my trading rules and saved on my computer. I also want to ask you, may I upload him to different websites, credit given to you and a link back to Rune Dragons?
Yes, please!
Any Quirks:
He always ends up in trouble, mainly ending up tangled in vines. He also likes hoarding leaves and flower petals.
Other:
The Hunter Meets Tumble

It was a hot, sunny day. Tumble, a young rune dragon, decided to go out in the forest. He always did this. He felt, comforted, by the sounds of the rustling leaves. He was walking along, when he saw a large pile of berries. He decided to take some, he was very hungry, and also wanted to bring some back to his family. He diecided to do it. He edged cautiousely to the berries, and as fast as lightning, shot out and grabbed as many as he could. But soon, a net was around him. He looked down, and realized he was hanging in a net, above the forest floor. He whimpered for about a half hour, before a young girl, around fourteen, appeared. She had long, wavy chocolate brown hair and stunning blue eyes. She wore some boots, skinny jeans, and on old white, short sleeeve tee shirt. She also carried a bow at her side and a quiver of arrows. Tumble gulped, waiting for her to make her move. But she just stood there, looking at him. She walked over, gently untying the net and propping him down.
"Sorry, fella. I was expecting a rabbit." she said, looking apolegetical. Tumble just nodded, still scared. She handed him some berries, and with that, he fled to his family to tell his story.

Well, I might add another story, but I think I ran out of time. Hope I'm not too late!
Last edited by broodingtulip on Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Mon May 14, 2012 1:31 am

Be sure to finish and get those forms in everyone! Judging for this little Rune ends tonight and I will be announcing the winner then. ~Benathorn
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby city, » Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 am

Last edited by city, on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
    city,

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Mon May 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Winner Announced!

Congratulations to Homeworkfan! I hope you enjoy your new Rune Dragon and I know you have been applying for one for some time now. I enjoyed reading your story and personality of the little guy and I think he will be the perfect companion for you. Thank you to everyone for participating and I had fun reading all your forms and stories. Be sure to check back later for any new Runes that catch your eye and I hope that you find your Rune Dragon soon!
    Benathorn

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby The Scribe » Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank you Bena! He's wonderful! Oh, and good luck for all those applying for Rune Dragon in the future! :)
    The Scribe

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me