Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Artist Army {old thread}

Postby DoctorDraca » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:14 am

The Artist Army
Version II

Introduction
Welcome to the Artist Army, this time under new management. All credit still goes to Blu Winter for creating the initial thread.
We are a free to join group of artists whom are all willing to help others with their art and art related problems. By offering critiques, redlines and advice, we help eachother as much as we can. Art discussions and artsy chat is also more than welcome here. You don't need to "join" to be a part of the Artist Army, simply posting here is more than enough. We have a strict set of rules, but by using your common sense, you won't be bothered by them.

How to join
Joining is simple. We have no form or a list, to join you simply start posting. You don't even need to ask to join, just jump right in. This club is free for all to join, so come join in on the fun. (:

Rules
Updated: January 3 2012
* Be respectful towards everyone. No rude comments will be tolerated.
* If you feel offended, remain calm and contact an Artist Army staff member. Do not start any fights, it might've been a misunderstanding.
* You are free to start art related discussions and share your opinion, but listen to the opinion of others as well. However, don't start discussions which point directly at someone.
* This is not the thread to advertise your shops. You are free to share the link to your artshop when posting art made for it, but spamming the link to it is not acceptable.

* You must be able to take some critique unless you specifically ask for none, but please refrain from doing this often. Given critique should be constructive, which means that besides pointing out the flaws, you explain how to correct them too.
* Redlines can only be given with permission, and please post that you want redlines to reduce waiting for permission.
* When posting art, try to give comments on other people's art as well. If there is a drawing within 10 posts of your own and you can help with it, then leave a comment before posting your own art. Even if you can't give any critique, it's nice to atleast post something!
* When posting a link to a livestream, make sure that there are no other livestream links on the same page. This thread moves fast, so you'll get your chance at promoting your livestream eventually.

* Of course, tracing and theft are not allowed.
* When referencing, also post the link(s) to the references which you used.
* When posting art which includes nudity, be sure to cover the important spots. Alas, we cannot allow full nudity. If you however need help with full nude drawings, feel free to ask for help and PM someone who is willing to help.
* Art of a sexual nature, excessive gore or generally distasteful art is not allowed. Again, if you need help with this, keep it to sending a PM to anyone willing to help.

* Posting links to pirated art software or free downloads is not allowed. Ever. Have some common sense.
* The same goes for encouraging others to use illegal software. If you use it yourself, that's your business, but don't force anything onto others.

In case you're still wondering about certain things, here are the official Creativity Rules.

Stafflist (aka moderators)
Nex
Maroon
Alexander White
Susiron
Spotty

Tutorials & References
If you have a good tutorial to add, PM me the link or post it. All credit goes to the makers of these tutorials.

For more tutorials, visit this tutorial thread made by Susiron

Tutorials in this colour means they were made by Artist Army soldiers members.

Animal art tutorials
Canine vs Feline anatomy
Canine vs Feline face anatomy
Guide to big cats
Cat tutorial
Big cat paw tutorial
Lion face tutorial
Small canine leg tutorial
Wolf anatomy
Wolf fur shading tutorial
Wolf paw tutorial
Bird wing tutorial
Wing tutorial
Eye tips
Improving anatomy

Fantasy creature tutorials
Common mistakes in Fantasy Creatures
Werewolf anatomy
Dragon anatomy
Anatomy of the Western Dragon
Dragon Wing Tutorial 1
Dragon Wing Tutorial 2
Wing Structure

Human art tutorials
Male anatomy patterns (artistic nude)
Female anatomy patterns (artistic nude)
Notes on drawing humans by Harpalyce
Notes on drawing humans #2 by Harpalyce
Guide to drawing the human body (artistic nude)
Pencil portrait drawing
Face tutorial
Face/expression tutorial
Facial expressions
Expressions Lackadaisy style -new-
Thoughts on winged humans

References
Bat wing anatomy sheet
Wings/arm comparison
Basic human skeleton
Human muscles (bodybuilder)
Guide on wolf hind legs by our very own Susiron

Tips and tricks
Drawing tips - common mistakes
Character drawing - guidelines
Scanning tutorial
Shading tutorial
Cell shading tutorial
Colour shading tutorial
Drawing shiny eyes (the Draca way)

Useful sites
Virtual Lighting Studio (a lighting creator for faces)
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Mon May 28, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 38 times in total.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Artist Army

Postby antler apathy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 am

Looking very pretty Nex. Especially the blue.

Anyways, I'll be editing in a moment with some recent art:
This is my first human character. I need name suggestions. She's suppose to be an art student, so she's creative and imaginative. But she's also not very assertive. Oh, and she also usually wears her hair in a bun >:
This was a revamp for kennel 101 at The Agency. But I think she's owned by Lirrie now.
My character Stella (The female with purple markings) and Zephayer's Crescendo (The male). They're mates <:
This is for a character I'm going for Designed my Simplecity. But she hasn't been online.
For Zeph and my character auctions.
Last edited by antler apathy on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
[ oh you were a phonograph, I was a kid
I sat with an ear close, just listening
was there when the rain tapped her way down your face
you were a miracle and I was just holding your space ]

art trades: ask | commissions: closed [info here]
my character list | my deviant art
antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morris. » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:21 am

I'm loving the blues.

Nice Layout! It's very organized, great job nex, it's nice to see this up and running again.

EDIT;;

Gwen, I am in love with your style. The fur is in all the right places, and the chubbiness for the human character fits very well, not most can pull that off. As for the character re-vamp, what kind of dog is it? Part of me wants to say it's a Saluki, but part of me doesn't, but the design and the colors clash very well, and finally for a name suggestion, her name looks like it would be something like Mary Ann, or maybe Lisa.
Last edited by morris. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
cs is petty and unofficially changed the rules exclusively to snatch my weave on 08/30/2017
#justiceformor
morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lululizzy23 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 am

Here's some of my latest art. I actually like it now. I'm getting better with anatomy...But I fail at anything but horses.
This is art for a bud. Personally I don't like it but whateva

And this is art for an art trade. I think it turned out okay.
"one doesn't need sunglasses on a gloomy day and yet it is on a gloomy day that one must look one's flyest"

"if you're one in a million, there are 6,999 ppl just like you. they are coming for u. they will destroy u. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. godspeed"

"every grunge boy has his soft grunge side"

"I said "this isn't my first rodeo" but I pronounced it like Rodeo Drive. this let the cowboys know that it was, in fact, my first rodeo"

-Ezra Koenig (@arzE)

characters - dA - tumblr - ask.fm
lululizzy23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:46 am

So. New. *drool*

Aww, Lirrie got her? Oh well, she's so very pretty Gwen

Anyways, I'd appreciate some say on my new oekaki - I put a lot of heart into it but it seems either no one can tell or no one cares :c
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=657102&start=0
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishbait » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:55 am

Ohhh... I love the new layout. The blue looks very nice. ^^

Here are some orders from my art shop and stuff :T
From art shop

This one isn't from my art shop, it was just for fun.

For an art trade.

My first anthro art. 8D

From art shop.

----

Gwen Twix; They're all very nice, I especially love Bailey's design. c:

lululizzy23; I can't really critique since I fail at horses, but in the second picture the mane looks blocky. You should make it free flowing and more lose, not like a big block. ^^

The Royal Mirage; The picture looks very nice. I really like the moon, too. (:
      semi-hiatus//
      will mostly be on during the weekend
      about//
      bisexual, i like turtwig and kpop
fishbait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lululizzy23 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:57 am

Yeah the mane looked better when it was just a sketch.
"one doesn't need sunglasses on a gloomy day and yet it is on a gloomy day that one must look one's flyest"

"if you're one in a million, there are 6,999 ppl just like you. they are coming for u. they will destroy u. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. godspeed"

"every grunge boy has his soft grunge side"

"I said "this isn't my first rodeo" but I pronounced it like Rodeo Drive. this let the cowboys know that it was, in fact, my first rodeo"

-Ezra Koenig (@arzE)

characters - dA - tumblr - ask.fm
lululizzy23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morris. » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:18 am

Lululizzy23-
I'm horrible at giving critique for horses, and traditional art, sorry, I'm not help there.

The Royal Mirage-
Oh my! That is simply gorgeous. The way the moon looks, and they way the moon reflects onto the water. It honestly looks like something I would hang on my wall, but I see something blocking the view, it's something like a black shadow or something, may I ask what that is and if it's supposed to be there?

808-
I like you shading style, but on your second piece, the legs looks alittle odd to me. They seem alitte too short, maybe it's the pose, or the general size of the animal, but I found a good paw and leg tutorial on Dragonart.com here it is;; Click Me. I hope that helps.
cs is petty and unofficially changed the rules exclusively to snatch my weave on 08/30/2017
#justiceformor
morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:30 am

@ Maroon - Try focusing on the moon and water being two separate things. It's two faces, the 'shadow' is the backdrop ;) I should probably edit the first post and explain that ^-^'
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fawnkisses » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 am

OH BOY HI GUYS. I haven't drawn anything because I'm wasting my life away vectoring a wallpaper. But I did some coloring practice I guess.

@lululizzy ;
You've gotten lots better since your last horsey I saw. <333 Red lined the second one for you. Or, tried.

MAKE SENSE? Probably not. Just read the writing. -headdesk-

@Mirage ;
OH SNAP, IT'S FACES. That freaked my eyes out for a second. Um, anyways. I'm a sucker for profile shots. It's very pretty. The water lighting is awesome! I might have to consult you for drawing the background of a wallpaper I'm working on with an ocean background. xD
I'm back. :^)

fawnkisses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me