We need to talk about trading.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How do you feel about the current trading scene?

I find nothing wrong with it
7%
There are some flaws, but it's mostly fine
20%
Trading is becoming too difficult/overwhelming/confusing
64%
I no longer send trades
9%

Total votes : 153

Re: We need to talk about trading.

Postby .Kestrel. » Fri May 10, 2024 1:30 am

Responding to pinetreesheep, as an older player I couldn't agree more. I've seen The Rares List be "wrong", and thats something we used to use religiously. The gray malk dragon was a tier above (I'm really reaching into the recesses of my memory on this one, forgive me if I'm wrong) the white malk dragon, as an example. Now it's below on Horrors list. It makes me take any list or guide with a grain of salt. But I think that reinforces the idea I've had since I came back to this site, which is that trades are just vibes. I'll give more on my side and not really stress it if I want the trade. Especially as an older player with more stuff, if someone gets more from me, I'm just spreading the wealth.
Random trades are ALWAYS welcome! ;)

.Kestrel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:13 pm

Recent inflation has made the game unplayable. No I’m not paying 3 non for a 1 non pet just because 3 people decided that’s the new price now. Do you know how much further that value would take me in any other game??

You can trade however you want. there’s zero consequences since you can’t disagree with someone on cs. But It won’t be a very fun game when there’s almost no one left because the userbase continues to get discouraged from how unachievable everything is.

I agree the gray area with trading and moderation would be very hard to work out though. Obviously if both parties are happy with a trade it should go through. The way the trading scene is right now though is not fun.
Last edited by Cloverstream on Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:37 pm

this might be a hot take but i think the fair trade thread has caused some issues. i've seen demand pushed on there for certain pets that don't follow any guides or trade data. as a user who built up my current collection mainly with the old advent/sept/main lists, it was followed religiously and i feel like it worked. that's why i was excited for horror's list, but i just don't agree with how it's turned out 100%. there's some things i like and dislike but i mainly follow current trade data sometimes rather than horror's.

with these two things hand in hand, i firmly think the demand for storepets and other pets that were already considered in demand have skyrocketed to ridiculous values and the reasoning is just "it has more demand because it's a storepet" or because someone on the thread just said so. i fully understand they won't be released again, but that doesn't mean they should trade for as much as they do. mainly storepets from 2009-2018, given a few exceptions ofc.

sometimes i think what would happen if the fair trade wasn't around in terms of how it affects these factors

would rats and horses be considered more equal to other species if players didn't read "rats, horses, bunnies, etc. are worth less than x y and z"? we direct new players to this thread and they get the idea that storepets are worth a lot, other pets might not be worth as much, and other pets are just better.

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022

Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kossen » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:45 am

the "refusal to research values" is a major reach as the List is a horrible confusing system and more and more people just make up C$ values, just look at all the C$ shops popping up
especially when people will flat out refuse to trade for pets of the same worth just because one of them is a pony, despite the list value being the same.
ImageImage
Kossen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:37 am

Clayflower. wrote:
this might be a hot take but i think the fair trade thread has caused some issues. i've seen demand pushed on there for certain pets that don't follow any guides or trade data. as a user who built up my current collection mainly with the old advent/sept/main lists, it was followed religiously and i feel like it worked. that's why i was excited for horror's list, but i just don't agree with how it's turned out 100%. there's some things i like and dislike but i mainly follow current trade data sometimes rather than horror's.

-snip-

I couldnt agree more to this though, the fair trade thread really pushes demand nowadays and causes trades like this:
trades/viewtrade.php?id=111768706&userid=261955&signature=bwlDB4j0aC3EebD-uSyqDA
I know the BA has always been a popular design. I know a lot of people want it. But how on earth could it be that people expect several omg so rare pets for one pet that is only extremely rare? It is clearly extremely unfair. and it happens to more and more pets nowadays, even with monthlies. trading isn't really about which design you like anymore but rather which pet has the greatest demand nowadays.
maybe it would help if it wasn't allowed to push demand on the FTT but rather give proper information on the rarity and that a pet can trade for more due to their popularity rather than saying a pet is worth amount x because of demand

.Kestrel. wrote:Responding to pinetreesheep, as an older player I couldn't agree more. I've seen The Rares List be "wrong", and thats something we used to use religiously. The gray malk dragon was a tier above (I'm really reaching into the recesses of my memory on this one, forgive me if I'm wrong) the white malk dragon, as an example. Now it's below on Horrors list. It makes me take any list or guide with a grain of salt. But I think that reinforces the idea I've had since I came back to this site, which is that trades are just vibes. I'll give more on my side and not really stress it if I want the trade. Especially as an older player with more stuff, if someone gets more from me, I'm just spreading the wealth.

also agreeing on this, maybe it would help if there weren't any guides that set a strict value on any pet but rather give information on rarities and changes of rarities, year gaps etc. the rares list was shut down because people were unhappy that a few hands of people made up worths for pets and now we have the same lists again, just in a different way by different users.
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolarFlare020822 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:42 am

hi! new user here, what exactly is Ninja trading???
╔. ☀️ .═════════╗
━☆・*
  ・゜
  °。+ * 。
     .・゜
     ゜。゚゚・。・゚゚。
      ゚。🌙 Lunar Glare System (PARTNER.)
       ゚・。・゚

Solar Flare System
Semi-new
They/It
╚═════════. 🌙 .╝
SolarFlare020822

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:47 am

SolarFlare020822 wrote:hi! new user here, what exactly is Ninja trading???

Ninja trading is when someone offers on a pet for less than it is actually worth in attempts to get a deal. Usually the trade will involve a high valued pet on your side with lesser valued pets on theirs, mostly in bulk so it looks like you're getting more. If you are ever unsure about pet values or if a trade is fair, please seek advice on the numerous topics available in the CS Discussions forum. Do not accept a trade unless you are 100% happy with it.

Unfortunately there is little CS staff can do in these cases as it is not against the rules to send an unfair trade.

In comparison, scamming is when someone deliberately lies about what they are offering you. For example, if someone sends you a trade claiming their pet is worth more than it is or if someone claims your pet is worth less than it is, then that would be considered scamming. This is against the rules and is reportable.

Locking thread by request. If there are any questions on the above, feel free to PM me, another staff member, or open a help ticket here: help/gethelp
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator

My pets