Re: Stars #3244

Postby Hazelfang » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:21 am

Username: Hazelfang
Cat Name: Peachblossom
Clan: Kin of the Vixen
Prompt: As a Marauder, Peachblossom finds a lot of fun knickknacks and shiny jewelry. She thoroughly believes the motto "one cat's trash is another cat's treasure" as she lives it every day! She loves collecting what humans consider trash and finding a new purpose for it. Typically, any fabrics left from humans, she will spend her time creating nests and warm dens for the elders with them. As for the glittery jewels she finds? Gifts for the kits! She loves creating dangling toys for the kittens to play away the day with and give the Ministra a break. For Peachblossom, this is having fun for her! Using what she scavenges to create items that bring comfort and joy to her Kinmates.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:17 am

Username: Baobabel
Cat Name: Remix
Clan: SecludedGlade
Prompt: Remix loves music. It's constantly playing in his head. Every sound he hears is a potential note in a melody. He's always found drumming his paws, tapping his tail, for nodding his head. He's been lectured many times for getting too close to the twolegs when he's heard them playing. Remix has a talent for turning anything into an instrument. He loves finding new ways to make sounds from ordinary things. The highlight of his life was one day when he was sneaking through the twoleg town, he saw instruments being set up in the park for an outdoor concert. As he snuck over, he saw a synthesizer and stopped short. Then quickly hopped up and began playing and his heart nearly burst. If he had to pick a favorite twoleg genre, it would be nerdy movie soundtracks.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:58 am

Username: Skywardthedragon
Cat Name: Cadence Worldcrafter
Clan: Company of Fools
Prompts:

The first thing the cat said when she landed was, “Oh my gosh, I’ve been Isekai’d!”

“You’ve been… what? Did you get injured on the journey? Emb, I told you we shouldn’t have cast that spell! Look, the portal dropped her from 12 feet up!”

“What? No, I’m fine,” the strange cat said, stretching with a great yawn. “Oh hey, I’m a cat now. Cool!”

“This spell was supposed to summon an extraplanar entity,” Darkness explained. “But honestly… you just look like a normal cat. Weird clothes, but a normal cat.”

The strange cat’s eyes started shining. “Oh, this is gonna be it, my call to save the world! What do I need to do?”

“Err…” Darkness looked at Emb, who looked back at her. “We were expecting someone… bigger?”

“With wings!”

“And magic…”

“And MASSIVE scales!”

“…because that jerk of a paladin is in the area again and we would like her to leave. Peacefully.”

“Have you tried talking to her?” the cat asked.

“Believe me, we’ve tried,” Darkness said, “but she just doesn’t listen to reason. At least not when it comes to Emb and Reedy. They’ve got history, and not the fun kind.”

“I never was a big fan of history anyway. Or school in general. But can’t you just invite her to be friends? View it with an open mind?”

“She’s tried to kill us multiple times,” Emb said.

“Oh. That’s bad.”

There wasn’t anywhere else for her to go, so Emb and Darkness took the strange cat back to their base. She kept on mumbling her strange words about a “hero’s journey” and “should I know the plot of this story already”. Darkness honestly wished she would shut up.

“You know what I really miss?” the strange cat said, not technically breaking the silence but clearly talking to her companions instead of herself. “Video games.”

“Video games, huh? Never heard of them,” Emb said. “Tell me more!”

“Well, it’s like you’ve got this picture that is moving, and you can control the picture with a controller or keyboard or something, so you can do stuff like jump over obstacles and dodge enemies to save the princess, or shoot zombies before they can eat your brains, or even pretend that someone’s trying to date you! They’re very flexible, but the thing that really makes a video game a game is that element of control. And of course, the “video” part means you’re watching stuff on a screen.”

“Interesting,” Emb said. “I’ve certainly seen magicians make pictures move, but only someone else who knows magic can move them… but if mages can create magic items that anyone can use, I’m sure they could create something like that!”

She had taken up the name “Cadence” once she came to this world, as a reference to her favorite Club Penguin character and also because her human name of “Paige” sounded like a terribly uncool grandma name. The cat colony had taken her in, on two conditions: she had to learn a profession, and stop talking about Isekai. Hopefully she hadn’t accidentally been using a swear word with them all the time…

Unfortunately, she was no more coordinated as a cat than she was as a human. Fortunately, the conditions of her arrival had left her infused with magic. She decided to train as a sorcerer under Emb; it was the most understanding of the cats who greeted her, though she sometimes struggled to understand its idiosyncrasies.

Though, Cadence thought she must sound strange to all the other cats too, what with her talking about being a human from another world who got turned into a cat. So, they were perhaps perfect for each other.

Emb taught her the basics of inner magic, how to control it without it controlling her. It taught her the basics of magic spells, then they went up to more powerful spells, and soon enough Cadence could cast a fireball without singeing her own fur.

These spells were utilitarian, but she had a goal in mind, which she worked secretly on every night. She lived frugally on her wages, saving up the excess for the materials she needed. By day, she would train her magic more with Emb, and by night she would put that magic to other uses.

Emb had declared her ready for her “graduation” where she would get her title. Cadence’s own project was ready, too.

It was funny how magic programming was so different to computer programming. The first computer video games were little more than lines on a screen in one or two colors. That simply wasn’t necessary with magic. There were no need for pixels or bits; Cadence simply painted what she wanted on the screen. It made her paws sore, and she never was a good artist even before her “fingers” became incredibly short on account of being a cat, but it looked decently enough like what it was meant to do. The first touchscreen console was released in 1982, but this first creation of Cadence’s was touchscreen; it was easier to make one magic item than two that interfaced with each other.

She presented the painting-tablet as a gift to Emb. A simple video game; you control a dragon who has to spit fire breath at various targets. Knights, pegasus, chimeras… and at the end of the game, if you survived, you had to face a skeletal dragon and his undead hordes in one final battle.

“It’s… it’s wonderful!” Emb said, tears of joy in its eyes. “If this is even twice the quality of those video games you spoke of, the people of your world must never know sorrow!”

Alas, that was not true. The world can be terrible even with joyful things. But that was a non-issue to the newly-named Cadence Worldcrafter. If she could save the world somehow, this would be it.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:30 am

hi! as per request im going to extend this cat’s deadline to tomorrow’s rollover ( so dec 17 7 pm est) ^^
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter
- dm me for a joke >:)

jacqolantern on disc// TH // artfight

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:10 pm

confirming this is closed! will post results asap :3
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:28 am

SkywardtheDragon wrote:Username: Skywardthedragon
Cat Name: Cadence Worldcrafter
Clan: Company of Fools
Prompts: --snip--

hi !! im so sorry for the wait on this cat i really love every entry and im. indecisive.

but congrats to skyward !! isekai cat is the best concept ever and cadence sounds like a sweetheart

also will award an hm to cupidcola, crexmii, thani, mercure, and literal.swag. !!! your guys' art was all really cute wdshdds
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery