May 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby Juliamon » Fri May 26, 2023 12:31 pm

Juliamon wrote:The foals are tricky, the only one I feel fairly confident on is this one being a Spix's macaw
The white-cream one might be a scimitar oryx but I'm much less sure about that one. I'm wondering if some of these are plants since the list of EWs is pretty small.

I was half-right about the oryx, it was just a different outcome LOL (agree on the Kihansi spray toad ID)
And also one of them WAS a plant!! Lysimachia minoricensis seems the best match
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kit-Kat » Fri May 26, 2023 12:31 pm

Image 25+

I have two of these still left growing and I'm squinting like what color are you guys gunna be?
ImageImageImage
Call me Kit.

ImageImageImage
Kit-Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Fri May 26, 2023 12:32 pm

{strawberry jelly to go with the peanut butter rattie, hehe! I love the colors on this one! Very eye-pleasing pink and red 💖}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Fri May 26, 2023 12:35 pm

Juliamon wrote:
Juliamon wrote:The foals are tricky, the only one I feel fairly confident on is this one being a Spix's macaw
The white-cream one might be a scimitar oryx but I'm much less sure about that one. I'm wondering if some of these are plants since the list of EWs is pretty small.

I was half-right about the oryx, it was just a different outcome LOL (agree on the Kihansi spray toad ID)

I didn't realize plants could be endangered, but it does make sense. I just thought they had a different list than animals. lol An adult and learn something new every day. ^_^

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sukio » Fri May 26, 2023 12:40 pm

So will there be an official list of the species represented by each of the pets for the Endangered species? I would like to name them appropriately. Or is it just going to be posted within this thread randomly? Just curious if I need to bookmark this or there will be another place with that information
Sukio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Fri May 26, 2023 12:44 pm

Sukio wrote:So will there be an official list of the species represented by each of the pets for the Endangered species? I would like to name them appropriately. Or is it just going to be posted within this thread randomly? Just curious if I need to bookmark this or there will be another place with that information

The artist has been posting confirmations at various times! We have confirms for the cats and the dogs so far :D

Juliamon wrote:

Also EEEEEEE YAYYYYYY <3
SO HAPPY TO SEE PLANT REP!! :D
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Fri May 26, 2023 12:47 pm

odin wrote:I didn't realize plants could be endangered, but it does make sense. I just thought they had a different list than animals. lol An adult and learn something new every day. ^_^

Plant conservation is definitely something most people don't think about (despite the Lorax doing his best), partially since some are actually very common despite their listed status because they make for popular ornamentals! Angel's trumpets in particular are EW, they just happened to take well to being grown ex situ.
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fierce Wings » Fri May 26, 2023 1:09 pm

Is this a passenger pigeon? 🥺❤️

I missed it ;w;
Brooke • Female• She/Her • Asperger's • Discord: stormie_nightz
Socially anxious and awkward Loves making friends
Anime and otome lover Fandoms live in my head rent free
Heterosexual Biromantic Autistic Extremely lonely
Fierce Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Fri May 26, 2023 1:22 pm

Juliamon wrote:
odin wrote:I didn't realize plants could be endangered, but it does make sense. I just thought they had a different list than animals. lol An adult and learn something new every day. ^_^

Plant conservation is definitely something most people don't think about (despite the Lorax doing his best), partially since some are actually very common despite their listed status because they make for popular ornamentals! Angel's trumpets in particular are EW, they just happened to take well to being grown ex situ.

There definitely should be plant conservation. :) Thank you for helping me a bit more knowledge! <3

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MechanicalHoundz » Fri May 26, 2023 1:27 pm

Omg I didn’t realize we got a Thylacine I’m going insane. Unfortunately I ran out of outcomes looool. Three of mine went PPS [not the frog PPS, the one that says EX]. Time to go trading lol
MechanicalHoundz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me