✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:39 am

↬ catvent day: seven

↬ username & id: vivika + 966947
    ↬ clan archive: azeryn

↬ word count: 245 words <3
    ↬ prompt:

“is… is this safe?”

raspy and reedy, the stranger’s voice trembled like a little dandelion puff tossed by rolling winds. her dainty silks trailed along the cobblestone paths, flowing and ephemeral as if a midnight mist.

“sure, it is!” ollie chuckled, pulling his cloak closer to himself. he donned a little hat and a grey, lupine mask, slotting it securely over his features. “everyone knows the night markets is the place to be during the winter. i’ve been there many times. we curse the king, proclaim heresy and commit treason…”

he trailed off as her features paled, ashen under the faint bioluminescence of the distant stalls.

“i… is that why we’re wearing disguises? to commit crimes?” her paws tightened along her silks, claws poised on them. “i thought you were a patriot-”

“woah, woah! easy there, you’re about as tense as a squirrel trapped in a glass bottle.”

“a… what?”

“gotcha.” with an easy grin, he pulled her silk scarves around her features, securing them. “i lied. somewhat. there’s also dancing. glowy lights and decorations. masquerades. chalked graffiti. trinkets. music. much better music than the ones the nobles favor. and food! fresh from our southern province.” he shrugged. “don’t let anyone tell you the capital has the best food - it’s by far our southern province, arreles.”

her silence reassured him. with a wink, he extended a paw towards this… stranger. “well, my lady, how about we try my favorite dish? it’s… just up ahead.”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmRatt » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:42 am

↬ username & id: GrimmRatt + 1047885
    ↬ clan archive: Rushingclan

↬ word count: 162 words
    ↬ prompt:
    Wandering Spirit gave the new cat a bemused nod "these clan idiots didnt know a thing about celebrating the winter either, ill take you through our celebrations!" The slender cat lead the traveler to the middle of the clans clearing and showed the piled of sweet smelling herbs and twoleg trinkets. "Here we put gifts for our clan, for the spirits. Our ancestors get the ghosts of prey to hunt forevermore. The herbs are more for good smell, and the shiny things are for the kits!" They poit to where the bushes around the camp that were normally bear had sprung up holly and mistletoe "we decorate our clan to be more... festive! It almost warms the place up!"
    "Now the best part, on the day of the first snow the food the hunters have been setting aside until that point is brought out and we feast! Then the next morning we all wake up with gifts under our nest. How curious!"
𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍 // ✰⋆.:・⋆
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘴 !
Irl JoJo McDodd

link ✧ Emo!!#3003 ✧ link ✧ ©
˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖

GrimmRatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:42 am

↬ username & id: xem 883458
    ↬ clan archive: Cats of the High Mountains

↬ word count: 104 words; n/a if art
    ↬ prompt:

The winter traditions in the mountains consist of lots of work, preparing for the cold. But with the work, comes fun! When the fisher cats go down to the river to break holes and fish, the young cats often come along to skate and slide across the ice. Gatherers dig through the snow for supplies, often having a bit of fun kicking the snow at each other. The evenings are filled with song and blessing. Not all cats wouldn’t call these all traditions, but simply what occurs during the winter season. But to others, sliding across the ice and blessing is quite a tradition.
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:46 am

↬ username & id: craig? 629149
    ↬ clan archive: https://toyhou.se/Almondclans/characters/folder:2689362

↬ word count: n/a
    ↬ prompt:
    huge, big cuddle piles where all the cats take all their spare bedding and put it in one big pile in the center of the store. gotta stay warm for winter!
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:53 am

↬ username & id: nindroidzane + 996925
    ↬ clan archive: fluxclan

↬ word count: 84 words
    ↬ prompt:
so maybe it isn't really a holiday tradition to have a few cats sit in the icy marsh and see which one can last the longest without becoming an icicle. but acidpaw thought it would be hilarious, and nobody else had any interest in dealing with some stranger barging into their territory, so the apprentices pretty well had freedom to do whatever they wanted with them - which was freeze their tail off, evidently. but hey, maybe it's just a new holiday tradition being born!
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fleurs » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:57 am

↬ username & id: fleurs + 981422
    ↬ clan archive: The Ruins

↬ word count: 94 words
    ↬ prompt: The cats of The Ruins would describe their winter festivities in one word: hectic. With constantly having to shovel out snow from their camp to decorating with holly berries and spruce leaves, the cats keep their winter days busy. Traditions have slowly gone out since the First Snow with the Travelers, but all cats make sure to bring gifts for their clanmates and tell stories around homemade fires. And at the end of each night, the cats of The Ruins go down to the river to thank the Ancestorials for all they have sacrificed.
fleurs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plushbunny » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:57 am

↬ username & id: Plushbunny + 858001
    ↬ clan archive: BlizzardClan

↬ word count: 196
    ↬ prompt: "did you know the stars shine brighter during winter?" Lichenshine said, "it's a time when we're all more connected to our ancestors and starclan. us magic cats' powers grow stronger during this season and we all come together for a gathering! the solstice is a time where all cats in our clan, whoever they are, gets to take a break and spend time with each other."

fruitcake would take this mysterious traveler as the perfect opportunity to explain his favourite holiday, whether the clan celebrates it or not, he thinks they should! "christmas is the best holiday EVER! you get to eat peppermint, give gifts, build snowmen, start snowball fights, bake cookies, sing christmas songs, spend time with friends and family, eat snow, decorate your own christmas tree, write letters, though that's a bit more challenging without opposable thumbs," (or being literate) "but that just adds to the fun! oh, did I mention the REAL fruitcake, the candy, the chocolate, the cookies? what's your favorite kind of cookie? gingerbread? sugar? the classic chocolate chip? how about your favorite song?"

the stranger has gone off with the rest of the clan by now, but fruitcake doesn't notice.
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:58 am

↬ username & id: Skywardthedragon 935233
    ↬ clan archive: Company of Fools

↬ word count: 230
    ↬ prompt:

The first (and probably only) tradition the Company would share is the game of knucklebones. Though a gambling game, the stakes weren’t high; nothing of more value than a few copper pieces is bet, and most bets are tokens, the knucklebones themselves, or perhaps some non-tangible thing like the right to a choice sleeping spot at camp. The point of the game is not to win money, but to have a good time.

Because of Clover’s terrible luck, he has invented his own variation of the game: instead of a game of high scores, it’s a game of creativity and humor. At the start of the game, each player creates an “omen-sheet”, with numbers corresponding to each possible sum of two or three knucklebones. The players make up omens for the sheet; Clover likes to make all of his omens foretelling some sort of specific and incredibly unlikely disaster such as “You will be lectured to by a dwarf until your ears fall off”. Then, each player throws the knucklebones and asks another player what the throw means. Part of the fun comes from not only the ridiculous omens, but the exaggerated voices and mannerisms everyone uses to take the part of a prophet. Hearing a deep and wise voice tell you “Your hour has come: you will be struck by a falling clock” can make anyone crack a smile.

Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 7 Results

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:01 pm

ImageImageImage

Catvent Day Seven Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 uncommon edit for participating!

aftonbuilt
        angel bugs
        archaeopteryx.
        arrikanez
        artmajor
        coffee.berry
        craig?
        dascanadiansparkle
        deercan
        dragoness129
        echo into void
        faelyn
        feather '
        fleurs
        galaxyy.
        grimmratt
        hush
        i like bees
        jay.
        kennymcnenny
        lili041
        mrs
        nindroidzane
        plushbunny
        skywardthedragon
        sleepy-rat
        strawberrymwilk
        sunny-skies
        thani
        unohdettu.lupaus
        vivika
        whovian5eva
        xem

if you aren't on this list and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by Vivika on Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 8!

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:01 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Eight!

Past, present, future. Past, present, future. Past, present, future. In a whirlwind of silver and
gold, the ghost of Christmas past, present and future shows up. What would each of these
ghosts tell one of your cats? Interpret as you wish ━ it can be as silly or serious as you’d like!

(** You may adapt the prompt to fit your lore/setting! Basically, some deity/entity/etc should
show up + tell the cat something about their past, present and future! <3)

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] eight

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b] 000 words; n/a, for art!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me