Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby shortstop » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:00 am

username + id: shortstop +201714
sign-up post: here
prompt: [374 words]
Dion had been having fun with all of the winter activities for days before she'd even thought about finding a gift shop. It was a text in her sibling group chat that made her think that she should bring home some gifts. That would be much cooler than simply continuing to send photos.
Luckily for Dion, there was a souvenir shop in Kalokairi. She pulled out her phone before she walked inside, having made a list of everything she wanted to get for her siblings. Looking around, a smile spread across her face. She would definitely be able to get some cool stuff here.
She started with Shirley, her sister who was most similar in age. Even as she grew, her love for photography never faded. The Kalokairi souvenir shop had some fantastic photo frames on display. Dion picked up three of them, unsure if Shirley would enjoy the reindeer, the snowman, or the mountain design best.
Next were her three older siblings. Eivan, Illyia, and Ominus were all in college at this point. But Dion still kept in close contact, and she'd watched her siblings' interests grow and change. Eivan had started a tabletop roleplay group in his dorm. There were some decorative tree ornaments that seemed about the right size to use on a board, so Dion picked up a pack.
Illyia had never quite grown out of a love of LEGOs. The gift shop stocked an ice-themed set of them, so Dion grabbed one of those. She wasn't sure it would quite fit the level of challenge that Illyia now enjoyed; she'd recently completed a set that had almost 5,000 pieces. The set that Dion picked up had just over 200.
Ominus was currently working on mapping a rural part of their homeland that hadn't been mapped in hundreds of years. Dion wasn't exactly sure what Ominus would need for that, so she picked up a nice-looking set of pens. Dion also picked up something for herself; a recipe book that contained dishes which originated in Kalokairi.
Dion paid for everything and then took a picture of the gift shop bag, posting it in the sibling group chat. She didn't plan on revealing what she had bought until she returned home.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:10 am

username + ID. elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt. What souvenirs does your Kalon buy and for who? [ 323 ]

asuka knew going out would help clear his head. of course, knowing and doing were very different things. asuka had to admit he was having trouble with the doing part. he had forced himself up out of bed a bit earlier than usual, though he already woke up earlier than most would on an average day. he'd just happened to head to bed a bit earlier than he usually would last night. he was refusing to admit to himself why that was, as if ignoring the problem would cause it to go away altogether. it seemed to be working so far, he supposed.

once he finally convinced himself to leave his room, he wrapped himself up in a heavy jacket and headed straight for the marketplace. the air in the village was still cold, and it stung his skin, but he found that he much preferred it to staying in his room all day. it seemed like there were a million-and-one different things being sold, so many different trinkets that caught his eye. he found himself stopping at every single storefront he came across. if nothing else, it was helping keep his mind off joaquin, which he was endlessly thankful for.

a few specific items would catch his attention now and then, but he didn't come across anything that moved him to purchase it for a long while. he was about to head to a different storefront when he spotted it - a simple little necklace chain sporting a single wooden bead. he couldn't explain why it'd caught his attention, but he quickly went ahead and bought it. he didn't put it on, instead choosing to pocket the dainty chain, and then set off towards the local coffee shop. his mood hadn't exactly been brightened, but he did find a small joy in rolling the bead between his fingers. he hoped a nice, warm cup of tea would cheer him up a bit better.
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby roelian » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:17 am

Roelian 34199

——— prompt 6———
    — what souvenirs does your kalon buy and for who? —
    {215 words}

“Keychains are the best souvenirs.” Bullseye holds up his key ring, where you can see an abundance of different keychains in all shapes and sizes. “They’re easy to keep up with anyway.” He flips through them and holds up a little sunshine shaped keychain labeled for Arizona. “It was way too hot on this vacation, but the keychain is nice.”

He thinks more about the different gifts he has bought or has thought about buying thus far. “Look, are you going to talk to Malware and Lucien about these things? Because I have things I want to buy for them but they’re supposed to be surprises! So you can’t go running back telling them what I’m buying them, okay?”

He leans in a little closer just in case either of his family members are nearby listening. “There’s this really cute stuffed polar bear that Lucien is going to really like. He keeps eyeing it and I’m trying to come up with some excuse not to buy it, because I already HAVE bought it and hidden it in my suitcase for when we get back home.” There’s another pause and he glances across the inn. “I also got a little something for my old manager at the arcade. But you best not tell him about it.”

samael || he/they || adult
    || ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
    roelian

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:00 am

Username: Clementine Cloud
    Sign-up Post:
    Prompt:
    As Adeline explored the winter town, she happened upon a small cozy shop. She walked in, glad to get out of the cold for a little, and to peruse the shop. Inside were many toys and books, all of it themed to the nature of the area. There were books identifying the plants or fungus to be found in the woods, there were puzzles with beautiful winter landscapes, and even an area of rentable nature documentaries. But what caught Adeline's eye was the shelves along the wall with stuffed animal versions of the local fauna. There were elk, mountain goats, eagles, snowy owls, snow hares, foxes, wolves, and of course bears! Adeline gently lifted up a dark brown toy bear, gently stroking it's soft fabric body, it had little beads sewn into its feet so it could sit or stand. It was such a sweet little thing, and Adeline decided it would be a nice souvenir. But as she glanced back at the shelf it had been sitting on, she noticed another, what looked like a polar bear (really it was exactly the same as the one she held, just with white fur) that was leaned over rather sadly. It seemed the two toys had been propped up by each other and without it's companion, the white bear flopped over pathetically. Although they were just toys, Adeline felt bad for the little thing, and decided to get both of them. The shopkeeper chuckled, but nodded approvingly at seeing the pair remained united. As Adeline travelled back to the inn, she placed the two bears on the bed, never to be separated again. (272 words)
    Clementine Cloud

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby SolarSam » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:25 am

Username: SolarSam + 836917
    Sign-up: x
    Prompt:
    Sterling got quite a lot of coffee beans, fresh from the Polar Espresso!
    SolarSam

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:40 am

.*✦ snow + 418283 ❄️ haze ❄️ link to sign up
      haze stood in front of the many souvenir shops of kalokairi village, looking a bit distressed. clearly, souvenir shopping was never his favorite part of going on a vacation. he might even say that sometimes, when there are just far too many options, he despises going on a shopping spree for souvenirs. it's not that he doesn't want to bring anything along for family and friends, but when there's just so much to buy he ends up going overboard. way overboard. and there's nothing he can do to stop spending this stupidly large amount of money and the inevitable feeling of dread and guilt that comes afterwards, when he finally realizes he barely has enough money left to get food for the journey home.

so, as he expected, as soon as he set foot into the first store, the chaos started to unfold: "this hat looks cool, acer will probably like it! but what about this bracelet? he'd love that too! oh whatever why not just get both? oh, and this reindeer plushy will be a great gift for vesper! but I can't just get acer two things and vesper just gets one, so I should probably get him this snow globe too! oh, I can't forget about larimar! I know he loves gemstones and minerals, there should be a mineral shop nearby! but that means the other guys still need something shiny as well and larimar will then be missing two more souvenirs..."

when he returned to his hotel room, he ended up having to carry four whole bags filled with souvenirs, and an almost completely empty wallet that he continued to frown at for the rest of the day.

[281 words]
    things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
    snowdrake

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby craig? » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:07 am

Username + ID: craig? 629149
    Link to Sign Up: Forum/viewtopic.php?p=137931859#p137931859
    "It's cute and they'd love it but... I'm not gonna get anything, I wouldn't be able to take it home."
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    please click and feed!!
    craig?

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:17 am

username + id: quiche cat! + 430690
      signup: boop
      prompt: What souvenirs does your Kalon buy and for who?

éowyn practically raced out the door of the inn when toma mentioned the village. how could he have forgotten?! there was still so much to explore; so much to see, so many people to meet, and he had simply forgotten! how crazy!

being the outgoing kalon that he was, éowyn made sure to say hi to everyone that crossed his path. everyone was so nice! and the stores had such cool things, too. icicles frozen for an eternity, berries from up the mountain that supposedly made you immune to sickness (for up to one month), even homemade crafts like baskets and bracelets that looked so pretty and intricate. he wanted to buy them all!

and not for himself, either. he had so many friends, and he was racking through the list in his head as he bought souvenir after countless souvenir. "this one's for lorelei." "mammon would like this!" "eiko definitely needs one of these!" "this is totally what icarus has been looking for!" "I'm sure this would fit perfectly in hush's collection."

éowyn was out all day, until the village streetlights turned on and the sky was dark and plastered in endless stars. he had to make multiple trips carrying things back to the inn, but he felt extremely satisfied with his shopping trip. his friends were going to love these gifts!
    quiche cat!

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:07 am

Username & Id: dragonstars+865902
    Sign-up post: Boop
    Prompt:
    He beamed at the idea, giggling happily. “Good thing daa gave me some money!!! Ill be back soon Toma!!”He said happily, bouncing out of the Inn. He walked around, staring at all the stores and houses, watching people decorate and buy things. Sure enough he noticed a toy shop, his eyes sparkled happily, as he bolted over to the toy shop. A big grin appeared on his face as he looked at all the toys, puzzles, board games and books. His tail happily wagging, but what caught his attention was a snail stuffed animal, it had moss like fluff on its shell, and a little flowers and mushrooms growing on the moss and shell. He giggled happily, picking the snail stuffie up. “I like you..I think Ill get you and your little friend..”He said, a smile on his friend as he picked up the other snail, which, had crystals and geodes growing on its shell. He bought a couple other items, including a reindeer keychain, stuffed animal and blanket, for himself. He also bought a robot keychain, snake keychain and crystal keychain, for his parents. And sure enough, after leaving the toy store, he walked off to go to the other stores and shops, a bright smile on his face. Of course his parents gave him plenty of money for this trip, and he did stop buy the Cafe to get some hot cocoa to warm up and to take a break.
    Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:11 pm

username: fisht3a #655686
    link to sign up: link
    prompt 6: what souvenirs did your kalon buy and for who?
    Themis overheard Yuki talking about a sourdough starter he had, and talked him in to gifting some of it to her to take home and bake with! She also bought a mug that looked like ones in the coffee shop for herself, and a small token that was said to be graced by the winter cryptid to bring good luck in the spring from the gift shop.
    hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
    (FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
    she/her
    toyhouse
    art fight
    all art in sig by me
    fisht3a

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me