Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby shortstop » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:12 pm

username + id: shortstop +201714
sign-up post: here
prompt: [297 words]
Dion pressed her face against the window as the bus pulled into the picturesque Kalokairi. She gazed out over the mountains while other patrons emptied from the bus, before grabbing her luggage and following the crowd. At sixteen years of age, Dion had finally been allowed to go on her first solo trip by her adoptive parents. It was both wonderfully exciting and a whole new variety of terrifying. She was under strict instruction to call home once a day.
Still, there was a great amount of freedom for Dion to enjoy. She had built her own itinerary, and had managed to save up enough money from her part time job that she could afford to pay for a room at the inn. As the Kalon stepped out into the cold, she knew that the first thing on her list was to check into her room and unpack. She pulled out the map that the travel guide had given her and then set off in the direction of the inn.
The Firefox Inn was so cozy and welcoming inside. She took a moment to sign the guestbook, excited to leave a mark somewhere that wasn't home. She checked in and retrieved her keys. The stairway up to the room was just as warm and inviting as the rest of the building. She stopped to admire a few of the paintings that hung on the walls before locating her room and letting herself inside.
The room itself was delightfully quaint. Dion put down her suitcase and then sat on the bed, brushing a hand against the quilt that covered it. It looked handmade, and perfectly complemented the softness of the bed. Dion laid back on the mattress, suddenly exhausted for the day's travels.
Unpacking her stuff could wait.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:40 pm

❄️

Sawyer wants to go out into the snow, see the slopes! The fresh snow on the ground, the crunching of the stuff under his toes, ahh. He’d love to see the vast whiteness, the crisp cold breeze. Sawyer can’t wait to get that first pawstep on the fresh undisturbed snow. Lay down and make some snow kalons, roll up snowballs, and throw them at his friends, duck under some rocks to avoid being hit by snowballs…. Ahh, that would be so much fun!

He also really wants to go skiing! Down the slopes at super speed! He learned how to ski not long ago, and wants to try out his newly learned ski skills! He’s a little rusty, sure, but he’ll get used to it again soon hopefully, muscle memory right? He totally didn’t roll into a Kalon snowball last time…. Totally didn’t….

He also wants a nice warm hot cocoa. Maybe going to go get that first…. A nice cup of warm chocolate on a cold evening, nothing much can beat that… except the other things listed above, maybe not beat… but they are on the same level as hot chocolate.

He basically wants to go see everything! He can’t decide!
(202 words)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepsorrel » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:52 pm

username + id: sheepsorrel 413649
sign-up post: x
prompt:
eran's the kind of guy who chillaxes in his room on the first day of a vacation, but he'd grab a coffee and read up on upcoming events.
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:49 pm

User + ID: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
Signup

Spectre didn’t want to be here right now. Especially now, since they seriously seemed to regret their decisions in coming to the island alone, without their trusty crew or brother. Just how big of a mistake they made, and just how cold the place was. But, it was already too late and Spectre was all in. So much for that confidence earlier, yet they were certain despite their anxieties they wouldn’t back down.

The first thing they did was settle into their room, which was so much more spacious compared to the cramped living quarters that they shared on the spaceship, and very, very warm. The outside was very cold, but nothing Spectre couldn’t handle. They found it was nice to have a hot chocolate on a very comfortable bed, something they’d ordered earlier without too much issue surprisingly. The lights were dim, yet very calming and the paintings were something that Spectre liked to look at in the inn’s wall. The windows provided a perfect view of the festivities going out in the village, which was illuminated by the lights that hung from the village’s square. Perhaps, they would be able to blend into the crowd quite easily once they got the courage to explore…

For now, however Spectre was content with ending off the night with a video call back to the ship. They had been on edge for the last couple of weeks, and perhaps this little vacation would help them feel a little better. Shortly after unpacking all of their stuff, they just cozied up and went to bed…

[263 words]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

softness on snow

Postby altiora » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:27 pm

altiora 376904

Blanche bounded out in the snow, its crispy white surface breaking between their toes. It was so cold, but Blanche's mind was too occupied by the days soon to come to be bothered by such a minor issue like temperature. The potential spun out wide in front of them, unwinding possibilities that distracted and entranced, pulling them from reality as they meandered along a nearby path.

They didn't notice their partner, Vast, hurrying to catch up to them, carrying a pastel blue scarf with sunny embroidered bumblebees in their mouth. As they worriedly wrapping it around their neck, Blanche could only look on fondly. They noticed that Vast themself had neglected to wear their own scarf, but Blanche supposed that with their longer ruff they had less need. Blanche nuzzled against Vast's neck in unspoken thanks.

"So where to first?" Vast asked, letting their partner take the lead with a faint expectant smile.

"To sightsee, of course!"

“Of course,” Vast chuckled, looking at the protective circle of mountains around them. No doubt Blanche would desire to climb the one most difficult, and drag Vast along with them. (Drag, of course, being an exaggeration; Blanche would never want to drag Vast into doing something they didn't want - but how were they meant to stay safe and cozy when their partner was doing something dangerous?)

Vast touched noses with Blanche, both of them closing their eyes as they enjoyed each others company.

"You know I'd follow you anywhere."

altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:47 pm

username + number: Grey_Hoodie + 881650
    sign-in: click!

prompt:

she's pretty sheltered, so her first snowfall would be top of the list of things to see!
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laika. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm

username. Harley Lou #851720
    signup post. Grayson

Grayson didn't know what to do. He had quit his day to day office job, and decided to take a vacation for the next few months. It didn't matter too much to him, as his husband was off in space studying the stars. He always was saddened by his dearest husband's voyages, but his happiness for Nyktelios always outshined the sadness. He managed to book himself a room, if only he could find the inn.

"Nyk would be so helpful right now." He muttered to himself, wishing that he would fall from the sky and comfort him. A few minutes after his statement, he managed to find the inn! It was getting darker and colder out, so he wasn't exactly able to get a good look of the town. He stumbled into the inn, basking in the warmth before speaking to the innkeeper. Once he got his key from Toma, he went into the room and threw his belongings down.

The very first thing he did after settling in, was to go digging through his backpack for his journal. When Nyk left, Grayson promised to keep a detailed journal of all the things that happened to him. When Nyk returned, he would pull the journals out from the bookshelf, and read them to Nyk. He started making illustrating the images after the first few years, as Nyk really enjoyed it when he did. As silly as it sounds, the thing he was most excited for had to be illustrating the beautiful town and landscape for Nyk.
laika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maringue » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Username: Maringue
Link to Sign-Up Post: Here!

After arriving Airina felt extremely homesick. She wanted to do something that reminded her of her far-away home. During winter in the wetlands, she would go ice-skating on the frozen ponds. The way it made her feel free was relaxing and the sound of her skates on the ice sent shivers down her spine.

Airina grabbed her skates and started heading towards the lake with the plan in mind to go ice skating. However, when she got to the frozen lake she saw Kalons gathered around holes in the ice with fishing rods. She was shocked that her perfectly good ice arena had been destroyed by holes in the ground.

"What are you guys doing? I was going to skate here!" Airina exclaimed.
"Woah calm down. Let me introduce myself. You can refer to me as Claus and we are ice fishing. If you'd like to join you are more than welcome to just pick from one of the three teams: red, green, or white." Claus explained.
Arina let out a big sigh, "Well since I have nothing better to do I'll join. I'm going to go with the red team."

She shuffled over to where the fishing rods were and grabbed a rod as well as some bait. She joined her new unplanned team and started fishing with them. It wasn't what Airina planned to do but she ended up enjoying herself a lot.

235/200

She/Her ♡ ENTP ♡ Pansexual

Signature Art © © | Toyhouse
ImageImageImageImage
Maringue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:17 pm

username & number: dox. 755850 || sign up || 318 words

emerson sorely regretted agreeing to come check this place out as he finally made his way into the village after a lengthy hike from where the bus had dropped him. his neighbour had given him a pamphlet with many pictures on it and told him they'd be coming too and that they thought it'd be good for him to come see the world outside his apartment (which he'd scoffed at- he wasn't a shut in, per se, but he knew they were right. getting out of the house would do him good). what ended up happening, though, was they'd come down with the flu two days before they were to head out, leaving emerson alone in his travels.

part of him was grateful, though, as he made his way towards the inn he'd read about and seen on the map he was given by his neighbour. em wasn't sure he'd be able to make it the few weeks he'd be here if his neighbour had come, too, as he was sure they'd want to do everything with him, thinking they were the best of friends- not that he'd given them any reason to believe the feeling was mutual.

emerson was pulled from his thoughts as he was passed by a sleigh pulled by a pair of reindeer in decorative harnesses, snow crunching under their hooves and children laughing brightly from their seats in the sleigh. the sheer size of the creatures threw em for a loop and he couldn't pulls his eyes from them as they passed, completely enamoured. his indifference towards this trip was suddenly replaced with an almost childlike glee and he sped his pace to the inn, checking into his room and haphazardly throwing his suitcase to a corner before shooting off to go find those reindeer.

maybe this trip would be more than hiking for miles in the cold. maybe he could enjoy this.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CodyxMoon » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:46 pm

USERNAME: CodyxMoon #885834
SIGN-UP POST Here :3
PROMPT:
Pip decides to go out and explore the village, looking for food mainly. Going outside they're overwhelmed by the smells of varying stalls and the sights of the snow covered town. Arriving at a stall where they make cinnamon rolls Pip decides to grab a few and eat them while sitting on a bench, the sweetest tastes overwhelms them and the warl rolls bring down the chill of the winter air as they look around to decide what to do next.
While enjoying the view and the mesmerizing scenery of the village, Pip saw something that looked like a bar. Thinking that they would find some people there, and get some clues about what is with this festival, they aimed straight for that building after finishing they're cinnamon rolls.
Inside there were plenty of people having fun, dancing, singing, celebrating the festival beginning.
Pip sat at a table watching the "party", when two gals approaches them.

???: "Hello new guy! Haven't seen you around here before. What do you do here?"
Pip: "Um hi! I'm Pip! I'm here for the festival. You guys live here?"
??? No 2: "Well hello, Pip! I'm Gus and this is Penny. We own this tavern and, oh well, welcome to the village, we hope you will enjoy staying here and having fun at the festival. There will be plenty of games and attractions, also we'll have a food truck near the center of the festival, don't forget to come and pay us a visit!"
Pip: "Oh that's really nice! Thank you so much for telling me those! I will for sure come and visit you tonight at the festival."
Penny: "Have fun dear!"
Gus: "See ya' later!"

The two leaves Pip alone and go at their jobs. Pip leaves the tavern and goes wandering around the village till the festival actual beginning.
Last edited by CodyxMoon on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
╔═══════════════════════════════╗

Cody/Coco/Amateur artist

Romanian

Les/Gay/LGBTQ+

Image ImageImage

CS gallery

╚═══════════════════════════════╝
CodyxMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery