What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

Postby Simon » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 pm

We want to know what holidays you celebrate and what holiday traditions are important in your family or culture! Your answers might inspire some new designs/item sets for the holiday season!
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

Postby UnknownAlloy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:14 pm

Every year, my family will put on A Christmas Story and play it all day on christmas day. We do not unwrap present until the movie starts. It's the only tradition I really have on the holidays
UnknownAlloy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Funkyfandom » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:21 pm

i aways make homemade gifts for my fam i just like it better then buying them things!
Funkyfandom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beffyla » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:17 pm

My sister and I always try to make cinnamon ornaments for our friends every year. They are a fun, cheap, and smell good gift and we have fun doing it!

We also make Christmas cookies every year. We try to find new cut outs to make new shapes. We LOVE it!

We also do the Christmas Pickle. Whoever finds it on the tree gets a bag of candy!
beffyla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonSkaype » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:18 pm

My favorite holiday is Halloween, but I've been real sad about it because over the past decade, trick-or-treaters have stopped going door to door and no one even seems to celebrate it anymore. No parties, No community day with some activity. Hardly anyone even gets pumpkins anymore. It makes me really sad to see my favorite holiday slowly get swept under the rug. After that, my favorite Holiday is Independence Day, because I really love the fireworks displays and setting off fireworks.
MoonSkaype

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShorahNagi » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:27 pm

Got to be Christmas for me, even more so now that I have my own place to decorate.

Hanging up lights on the outside of the house and decorating and hanging stockings are massive highlights of tradition for me.
Pet's name: Paradigm
ShorahNagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:31 pm

It's kind of hard to explain, but I like to celebrate the Summer Solstice/Winter Solstice, as well as the Autumn Equinox/Spring Equinox. I also celebrate May Day ^^

Other than that, I typically celebrate the "standard" holidays that exist. (Christmas Eve/Christmas, New Years Eve/New Years Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Halloween, etc.)

For traditions, it's typically just kindhearted, responsible fun! I try to stick to the guidelines for basic celebratory techniques when it comes to the Solstice/Equinox holidays, but since I'm in an extremely bright, hot climate, I do my best to make the most of the Summer Solstice especially c:

I always have drinks made up for the holiday I'm celebrating, whether that means I'll be having some refreshing homemade lemonade, natural teas, or dark hot cocoa with some Whipped cream around the rim of the mug <3
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueJayLost » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:35 pm

I make a family recipe of tiger butter every year, basically marbled milk and white chocolate and peanut butter. When I still lived with my parents, our stockings were almost as important as the christmas tree itself. if we didnt have a physical fireplace, we would get big pieces of contruction paper and poster and we'd make one and then hang our stockings on the wall with it and we always opened them first. The other thing was that any letters we got from family went onto the tree with the ornaments.

Oh and eggnog, eggnog and sparkling cider were HUGE holiday drinks for us.
Last edited by Aaron✦ on Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit function rather than double posting
Magistream
ImageImageImageImage
https://archiveofourown.org/works/38566668 Scion of The Claw
A favored paladin of Bahamut tends to his God's shrines and holy sites, plagued by messengers of the Archdevil Tiamat. His devotion to one and his draconic bloodline from the other making him a coveted key to the power of either. Tiamat vies to steal him away from her brother's circle, while bahamut desires his soul and connection to his sister's realm as a means to an end of their eternal conflict. Aurin wants only to make a difference in the world of mortals and is tired of being the target of gods' desire.
BlueJayLost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eainai » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:43 pm

My family doesn't celebrate "traditional" holidays- we make our own Food Holidays where we all get together and cook for each other. We also have Plantsgiving, where for an entire week, we gift each other plants secretely. At the end, we give each individual plant a rating from 1-5 and that ends up being the giver's score, and then we have a foodie get together. The one with the highest score doesn't have to do any cooking, and the one with the lowest score has to do all the dishes. Plantsgiving is my favorite of our food holidays.
Under construction right now lol, sorry for the unfinished eyebleeding buttons

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Eainai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SALMON CANNON » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:48 pm

new year, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas. thats all i can think of
we dont do much for easter or valentines nowadays, and we've never really celebrated the 4th of july at all

we have a bootleg elf on the shelf named betty. we got her at a michaels when i was like 4 or 5 and shes actually kinda nicer than normal elves on the shelves. very important part of the family, every night she sets up a funny little scene in the house for us to find in the morning

she hangs out with the other plushes, makes candy cereal and tiny donuts out of cheerios, leaves stuff spelled out in m&ms, a year or two ago she put googly eyes on everything and we're still finding them around the house. i love her

also every xmas i lay in the pile of leftover wrapping paper and pretend to be asleep for photos. does that qualify as a tradition? lol
julian / any pronouns
slowly phasing out my pets, might stay for the forums
dm for socials
SALMON CANNON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me