Posts need approving even though first post was approved

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Posts need approving even though first post was approved

Postby Soar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:41 am

All my posts keep needing to be approved.
I looked in the frequently asked questions sticky and it says "Once your first post has been approved, you will be able to post freely"
My first post was approved around 14 hours ago but every post since then still needs approving.
This includes editing posts I have already made and were previously approved (which basically deletes them until they are approved) and simply posting a bump on free adoption threads (so is not limited to posts with images).
Not sure this is meant to be happening?
    Hi. I have moved back to my old account.
    I will not be sending any pets/items from this account to it.
    (I'll be back to send them to the pound if anything)
    You can find me on Daniel
Soar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Posts need approving even though first post was approved

Postby Oddity-Lad » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:18 am

All I could really find was THIS RESPONSE from 2019 that implies an account needs to have posts approved until it is a week old. I'll keep looking to see if there's anything more recent though.

This says posts with images may need to be approved until the account is a week old which doesn't answer the bumps.

Mods are presumably seeing your posts and approving them so they're definitely aware of it. If it was an issue with the site I'd assume it would have been fixed when the Mods saw your posts to approve. I'd give it the week and it should be fine after that, but definitely post here after the week if it continues to be an issue
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:23 am

Oddity-Lad wrote:All I could really fine was THIS RESPONSE from 2019 that implies an account needs to have posts approved until it is a week old. I'll keep looking to see if there's anything more recent though

Ah.
Thank you for locating that for me.
If that's the case I'll stop making so many posts and shut down my art shop (when it's approved for the third time lol) until I'm a week old.
Very helpful.
Soar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:59 am

Hi,

CS has a system which may flag posts for approval when they contain images. It can happen to anyone, but is a lot more common for newer accounts since we want to make sure that they are real people, not just bots posting spam or other advertisements. You'll be able to post images more freely over time.

While you have one post waiting to be approved, any other posts made while that one is waiting will also go into the approval queue by default. This is what is happening to your other posts. Editing a post with an image also means it will need approval again.

I know it can be frustrating, but we do try to get posts approved as fast as possible so you should be able to still participate on the forums without too much interruption.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:14 am

AquilaFuga wrote:Hi,

CS has a system which may flag posts for approval when they contain images. It can happen to anyone, but is a lot more common for newer accounts since we want to make sure that they are real people, not just bots posting spam or other advertisements. You'll be able to post images more freely over time.

While you have one post waiting to be approved, any other posts made while that one is waiting will also go into the approval queue by default. This is what is happening to your other posts. Editing a post with an image also means it will need approval again.

I know it can be frustrating, but we do try to get posts approved as fast as possible so you should be able to still participate on the forums without too much interruption.

Thank you for Clarifying Aquila. I was hoping a staff member would be able to give an official answer.
Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:17 am

AquilaFuga wrote:Hi,

I don't want to add to the approval spam I must be sending out but this was super useful.
Makes a lot of sense why non-image posts won't work for me now.
Can still use my shop too if I edit out the example image so not all hope is lost!
I'll try to be more careful with my image usage for a while.
Soar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me