Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Pygmy Snagons! The slimiest dragons| ARTIST SEARCH OPEN by Pipsquawk

Based on Click to view
Artist Pipsquawk [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Pygmy Snagons! The slimiest dragons| ARTIST SEARCH OPEN

Postby Pipsquawk » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:18 am

Image_________________________________________________________________________________________
Main Thread - Lore- Rules- Traits- Variations- Shop- Staff- Adopts- Artist Search - Masterlist- Bank

What are Pygmy Snagons? wrote:
Snagons like the name suggests are snail dragons. Their undersides are plated with large scales and they have short to no fur on their bodies. Their paws can secrete a sticky substance, They can use this substance to adhere and attach themselves to walls and other surfaces. This substance also comes from the large scales on their stomachs but can be controlled by the Snagon to limit how much they give off. They are capable of short durations of flight but flight depends on the variation of Snagon with some variations lacking wings and having no need to rest whilst flying. They can hide inside of their shells but their tails are typically too big to fit inside of their shells, leaving them exposed They can have a variety of tails and shells with shells usually being something a-typical like a box or something of the sort. They are roughly the size of a red fox, being a big bigger and they come in various types depending on where they were born.
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore

As more lore is added and expanded upon I'll edit this post with the information!

Pygmy Snagon Basic Lore wrote:

Pygmy Snagons suggest that there was once a bigger variety of Snagon and there were at one point a long time ago. These Snagons were massive, being the size of your typical dragons you would imagine. Easily clocking in at 7 to 8 ft tall when on all fours. These Snagons were hunted and killed for their shells, horns and even the superglue like slime that they produce. It is unknown if these bigger Snagons are still around or if they have been killed off to extinction. Pygmy snagons survives because they do not produce nearly enough of the slime at a time to make it worth while to poachers, their horns and shells are also much smaller which makes it less valuable. On top of this they are much faster and can easily outrun a person. Not to mention the public love they have gotten over the years.

General Snagon Anatomy wrote:
Fire
Snagons can breathe fire but the color depends on the type of material that grows on their molars. This material was found to be a subtype of flint that when they grind their teeth together, it ignites a gas they produce that's highly flammable. This gas is a by product of the slime they produce and is toxic to a snagon if it builds up too much. If a snagon somehow lost the flint on their molars they can substitute this by chewing on normal flint rocks but if that is the case their fire will always be orange/red or yellow.

Slime
The smile produced by Snagons is super sticky and can act as a substitute for superglue. An oil that coats the Snagons body prevents it from drying and keeping the snagon entirely stuck to whatever the slime is attached to. In some cases it can be bioluminescent.

Wings
Most snagon wings are close in resemblance to bat wings but some have been recorded to have wings that resemble bird wings with feathers but this is rarer to find because of the dragon dependency Snagons have. They are pretty small most of the time which heavily restrict the amount of airtime a Snagon can have. The bigger the wings, the more time they can fly. The eastern snagon variety float instead of using wings so they do not have a limit on their airtime.

Shells
A Snagons shell grows with it, there is no specific way a shell on a snagon looks and can look look like anything from your typical snail shell to a Conch. Snagons will shed their shells and can lose them, and it can be life threatening to them if they lose their shell completely due to their exposed back and how the shell grows from a small plate on the Snagons back . They can use the shed shells of other snagons in order to make due until a new one grows. If this plate is damaged or missing though, they cannot regrow the shell and will have to scavenge for new ones.

This plate is covered in a thick coat of the slime a snagon has and when a snagon is ready to shead their shell, the old one will pop right off and slide off of the new shell.

Antenna
The antenna of a snagon are bioluminescent and are used as a secondary pair of 'eyes' when they are hiding in their shells as they also will stick out. They are incredibly sensitive and can feel the slightest bit of motion in the ground around them.
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Rules wrote:I reserve the right to edit and change the rules as I see fit.

General rules
1. Snagons are a CLOSED species. You cannot create one for yourself without a MYO or breeding ticket

2. Snagons must be credited properly if posted anywhere (such as th) With @pipsquawk on th being credited for the species and a link back here. Credit the artists for their designs as well.

3. Snagons can't be Co-owned

4.Must have a CS account to own a Snagon(some exceptions may apply)

5.Any user that has been banned from owning Snagons cannot receive one from trading/gifting/etc but can keep the ones they have already owned or gift them to someone who is not banned from the species.

Design rules
1. You cannot edit the design of your Snagon without a Redesign ticket and even then the changes made cannot be huge makeovers to make it a new design.

2. You can add items no problem

3.The designs of a Snagon can only be transferred to another species if the original artists gives permission.

4. Snagons can be any color/design/pattern

5. Snagons can have any shell type

6. No redesign ticket needs to be added if giving a snagon any injuries/scars.

Other rules
1.Be kind and courteous

2. Be respectful to staff

3. Don't mini mod (if someone has a question its ok to answer it if you can/redirect them to staff but if you see and issue just let staff know and we'll handle it)

4. Bans will never be public, do not make them public unless you are the one banned and are ok with it being public knowlage
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits

Postby Pipsquawk » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:19 am

Traits wrote:
These are traits any Snagon can have

Non Rarity
These are things that can be changed without the use of a redesign ticket

Weight changes, style changes, expression edits,items

Basic/common
Natural shells, horns (any type), Small bat wings, curled tails, Tufts of fur anywhere on the body aside from underbelly, Retractable claws

Uncommon
Unnatural shells (shells that grow unnaturally into specific shapes such as skulls or plants.),Different shell materials (glass, clay, porcelain), medium bat wings, Custom tails (Can be any tail type but has to be large in size), Custom ears(ears that are not listed elsewhere), Glowing throats, Minor Plant Growth (50% or less), Excessive fur (lots of fluffy fur), Saberteeth, Underbite, Whiskers, Custom jaws/mouths (can be any length/size/shape), Feathers

Rare
Multicolored fire, Large bat wings. Small tails (small enough to fit inside of shell), Excessive slime (slime in places where it isn't normally at), Bioluminescent fur, No shell, Quills

Very rare
Bird wings of any size, Elemental flames (flames that mimic the effects of other elements aside from fire), Translucent horns/teeth, Fur manes, other unlisted glows (horns, ears, paws, etc)

Ultra Rare
Halos, Glass limbs (tails, arms, antenna), Iridescent fur, Major plant growth (50% or more of the body), fluffy neck (No large scales, only fur), Feather manes.

Exclusive
These traits are typically unique to specific event adopts and aren't usually replicated or found elsewhere on the list

If a trait is not listed! ASK about it first before adding it to a design
-Artists may add an unlimited number of any traits as long as they are not exclusive. Be mindful of the traits you use please!
-This is NOT the same for MYO tickets.
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:05 am, edited 8 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Variations

Snagon variations wrote:The list of the current snagon variations,rarities and traits associated with this dragons

Western Snagons
Common

-basic dragons
-rounded snouts
-short body

Eastern Snagons
uncommon

-Long dragons
-Rectangular snouts
-Covered in fur
-Long tails
-BIG shells
-No wings/wingless flight
-Short legs

Drake Snagons
rare

-No wings/no flight
-Bulky
-Large body
-Covered in scales

Quetzalcoatl Snagons
very rare

-Short/long/no legs
-Covered in feathers/feather manes
-Large shells
-Long tails
-can have wings or no wings
-large bird wings

Sea Serpent Snagons
Ultra rare

-Gills
-Breathes water instead of fire
-Fins
-fish tails
-Long legs/no legs
-Can produce ink as well as slime
-More fish like overall
-Biolum is more common with these guys

Not all of these variations MUST include all of the traits listed but theyre traits that are most commonly found on said variations

I will provide visual guides for which snagon MUST have what to be classified as said snagon
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shop

Shop wrote:
Here is where you can use Gold Coins to purchase items for your Snagons.Image

To get coins you can do some of the following;

USD

PM me and we will talk over discord or toyhouse

Chicken dollars

100c$ = 15 gold coins

the more you pay the more of a bonus you'll get for your coins

so 200c$ would get you 35 gold coins, or 250c$ would get you 40 etc etc

Pets

Only pets that are vr+ can be exchanged for gold coins and will be looked at on a case by case basis

Events/giveaways/etc

Sometimes adopts will have runnerups who receive gold coins, giveaways where they are given out, etc etc.

Items will be added as more are thought of!

Myo tickets
Myo tickets can be used to create a Snagon with any trait and below that of the MYO ticket

Common Myo ticket - 25 Image

Uncommon Myo ticket - 35 Image

Rare Myo ticket - 45 Image

Very Rare Myo ticket - 55 Image

Ultra Rare Myo Ticket - 65 Image

Exclusive Myo Ticket - Can only be won through giveaways/special circumstances

Other items

Redesign ticket - 20 Image

Breeding ticket - 40 Image

Gene splicer - 80 Image
(Guarantees certain traits from a parent on a snigglin/get any trait UR rare and below put onto your Snagon)

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Pipsquawk » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:20 am

Staff wrote:Every long term staff member will get 1 EXCLUSIVE Snagon MYO to represent them in the Snagon community

Please note artists are Guest artists for a period of time before becoming full time artists

Owner/creator
Pip wrote:Pipsquawk

Hey! Im pip, she/her/they/them I created snagons when I had a moment of obsession with dragons and snails. But I grew to love them and have plenty of ideas with them, feel free to dm me anytime!

Represented snagon;N/A

Mods;

Artists;

Guest artists;
Moon wrote:Moonpaw8033

Sup, I'm Moon! I go by anything though mainly She/Her, I a little bit of a nut-ball and may seem very quite but I'm open if anyone ever wants to talk! ^^

To apply to be a Mod, dm me with the following forum
Code: Select all
[center][size=85]Username;
Do you have experience modding?; (if so, when, where and how long?)
Do you have a discord?;
Why do you want to mod for Snagons?;
What do you think it takes to be a mod?;
What are your strengths/weaknesses?;
[/size][/center]

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Snagons! The slimest dragons you've ever seen!| DNP

res
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me