Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby cαtαstrσphe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:42 am

Simon wrote:
Rosemoon wrote:I noticed something mentioned here a few times that I was keeping in mind too; I think when it comes to someone making a report about someone breaking CS rules, people would feel a lot more comfortable if they received a direct response back stating "thank you for bringing this to our attention we will respond accordingly" so that we at least know that our grievance was addressed. That's why so many people are saying they feel ignored and left in the dark when reporting these issues, because there are times where we don't get any proper response back stating "hey we read your message, thank you for letting us know we'll take a look at what's going on" just an automated message stating "someone will read your message eventually". And I think that's causing people to be unsure of whether or not a situation has been dealt with and causing users to be uncomfortable and feel unsafe not knowing if their voice was heard. I feel like just a simple message stating that their grievance was heard would ease a lot of people's minds, no need to disclose any specific info about what the situation is or what actions will be taken, just a small "hey we read your message, don't worry we'll look into it" like I see some mods do with other reports.

I think this is a fair point, I'll talk with the team about being better about doing this. Sometimes we get 10-30 tickets about the same exact situation so it can be tedious to reply to every single one, but it's understandable that you would want to know your ticket was received and is being worked on.

If you think your ticket has been forgotten or has fallen through the cracks, you are always welcome to send a follow-up reply.

Follow ups on reports would be a god send, I know I for one get incredibly invested in some reports I make that are of bigger things, such as scammers, multi's, bullying etc. So a follow up, even if it is something small like "this has been dealt with, thank you for your report" would be great.

That being said, I've noticed that a lot more of my reports do get a follow up since that making of the "sell cs thread" when they have been dealt with, though never those that are presumably discarded. If the discarded reports got feedback as well, and an explanation why it's not adequate or that nothing could be done (no need for an explanation), it may allow the users to get more information or drop the case, and/or learn how to report more effectively in the future.
cαtαstrσphe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:20 am

Going through the help ticket PMs that I have from the last few years (because I kept my PMs for regular users turned off for years and I still don't PM a lot, so my PM history goes quite a ways back), and digging up my own memories, it looks like I didn't receive a reply for a lot of the smaller reports I made (e.g. users revealing their age--I'm a snitch, sorry), but I remember checking the posts/user profiles later on and seeing that things were apparently taken care of. Sometimes I did receive a reply that things were taken care of.

However, I'm finding that there are some help tickets I sent where I never received a reply and either have no way to see if anything's been done or actually can see that nothing's been done (not about users, but about on-site features/images/etc), including a help ticket I sent in 2018 about these Nick rats not even having a CS tag despite small pets like the hamsters having the CS tag and then attempted to follow up on a few months later, only to still receive no reply...

Definitely would help if there's some kind of standard human reply so we know nothing fell through the cracks.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:07 pm

I don't have much experience with CS offsite, but I think this is definitely a positive change and I commend the continued efforts made by CS staff to keep this site a friendly & safe environment for everyone. Thank you!
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonadeLyric » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:04 pm

Very glad to see this! I'm glad CS will handle things in an appropriate way.

And I second the help ticket replies. It's nice getting the "We received your ticket!" message, but I also would like some form of "It's been handled" or anything back too!

I try not to report too much, but I know that without the reports, staff can't be held accountable for not seeing every single post and image made on CS, so I try to help a little!

Again, super happy to hear about this rule change ^w^ and I hope it helps everyone feel more safe on CS!

Lʏʀɪᴄ||Aᴅᴜʟᴛ||Hᴇ/Hɪᴍ
───── 🤍 ─────
I'ᴍ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ɪɴᴛᴏ
Wᴀʀʀɪᴏʀs, Mɪɴᴇᴄʀᴀғᴛ
ᴀɴᴅ ACNH.
───── ۞ ─────
Mᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴏ Mᴏʀɪ.
───── ۝ ─────
Bᴏʀᴅᴇʀs ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ

LemonadeLyric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:21 am

This rule was long overdue. Good job for implementing it none the less.

And yes, having a 2 reply system to all tickets and stuff (if they need it like reports and stuff) should be a thing. We users got no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, so a little acknowledgement could help the situation and help prevent... distrust like was exhibited in some cases on previous pages of this thread precisely?

Reply 1: hey we got your message thanks fam

Reply 2: hey yeah it’s resolves thanks fam for sending have a nice day

I mean the automatic message is there which is great but it lets us know it’s been sent, not if it’s been read or received.

Maybe it’s because I come from a customer service background but allowing the client to know their report is validated and actioned is very important to encourage that customer to become a return customer. It helps create a healthy relationship between user and staff and not only can it encourage people to actually put in the effort to report, but help with increase quality of reporting which could also solve some of the previous problems listed in this thread. I mean, one step at a time eh?
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:48 am

a bit late but i think this will be a very welcome change indeed.

In regards to being concerned about whether help tickets are being properly seen and addressed. Perhaps some kind of automatic notification thing can be set up. You know how we get the automated message right after we send a help ticket in, maybe we could also get a message that tells us when a staff member has actually read said help ticket as well. I see these kind of things on other chatting platforms where the recipient has "seen" your message so that's kinda the thing that im thinking about here that might help. ^^
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 am

J-and-K341 wrote:a bit late but i think this will be a very welcome change indeed.

In regards to being concerned about whether help tickets are being properly seen and addressed. Perhaps some kind of automatic notification thing can be set up. You know how we get the automated message right after we send a help ticket in, maybe we could also get a message that tells us when a staff member has actually read said help ticket as well. I see these kind of things on other chatting platforms where the recipient has "seen" your message so that's kinda the thing that im thinking about here that might help. ^^

I see where you're going with that, but it'd honestly be more of a hassle for everyone involved if you got "read" receipts for every time someone has looked at a ticket^^
Tickets aren't assigned to a single staff member, they're visible to entire groups at a time, and there's a good chance that any ticket that isn't a one-off case with a straightforward response will be looked at multiple times by multiple people, some of which may or may not be able to contribute.

Sometimes I'll see a ticket with a subject line that seems like I can handle it, only for it to have to be handed to an admin assistant, or it's simply about something I have less expertise with than one of my team mates. If a user got notified that I looked at it, they'd be waiting for nothing :'D

I think it'd be useful to incorporate some form of "hey, thanks for this, we're working on it" to communicate to people that their issue is actively being handled, but read receipts definitely wouldn't be the way to go.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:14 am

Oof, yeah i can definitely see what you mean there now that i think on that a bit more. Maybe instead of an automated thing, just a quick button that the staff member that's actually handling it can click to let them know, instead.
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SitcomLaughTrack » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Seasonal wrote:
pillpups wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I have not seen a single report regarding this issue so I’m skeptical about your claims that these reports are being ignored. I can see all help requests that are below admin level. I have asked users for proof of this behavior in the past and never received a response.

If someone’s actions are deemed to be illegal or harmful to children, on-site or off-site, then we will take action. We can’t do anything if these cases aren’t reported.

is that so? stop lying to me.
      there's another report i sent too. if you'd like me to screenshot that as well let me know. :)

Your report was submitted yesterday. We receive dozens of reports everyday, and many of our staff are adults with full-time jobs or other commitments that come first. It is not uncommon to wait a few days for a response. Additionally if you submitted your ticket to an admin (I cannot view it so I assume this is the case), then there are only a few people who can see it and respond. They receive many more tickets than any other staff group and it is going to take them time to look into reports about serious behavior.

This thread is not for users to air out their grievances or personal problems with specific users. Posts that are clearly about someone will be removed.

I'm not in any communities outside this forum but this just doesn't look good. It's one thing to say the staff hasn't had time to review people's reports, it's another to say they didn't get any reports.

That the staff takes so long to see things that could be time-sensitive is worrying combined with this rule change and the lack of clarity about what it means.

Say User A gets in touch with User B and sends them death threats for being gay. That's something the staff needs to deal with quickly. If not, User B shouldn't be banned for bullying if they warn other queer users or if they call out User A for sending death threats.

I mean... maybe this is about specific things I don't know about but this is how it's coming across to me. :/ It would probably be helpful if you had a specific plan and explained what's going to happen and what does and doesn't count as bullying.
SitcomLaughTrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:27 pm

They are getting reports. Its just that only Admins can read the reports that are being sent in regarding these serious issues.

When you submit an Admin-only report, there are only 4 people who can see it, because there are only 4 Admins. Admin Assistants(which is what Seasonal is) and below can't see Admin-only tickets.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me