2020 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Current Event: ๐ŸฅšEaster Egg Hunt ๐Ÿ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

2020 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 am

Please post here if you have questions about the event!

You can answer each other's questions if you know the answer, but if you're not sure then please leave it for someone else :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Have you heard about December 18th on CS?

You might have heard people talking about "December 18th" and "re-releases". If you haven't participated in our Advent Calendar before then this may be new to you. It's just about time for the Dec 18th release, so please read this information so that you understand what it all means!

Each year on December 18th, we have an extra special gift in the advent calendar. The Dec 18th gift boxes are full of hundreds of different pets which have been released before over the past 12 years - many of these are rare and valuable. You will have the chance to adopt a few, but like all previous gifts, the pets you receive are randomly chosen.

Image Image Image

The December 18th giveaway's purpose is to bring all sorts of old and rare pets back into the active trading population so that they're a little less difficult to get in trades. That said, we don't want to dramatically lower their value, so we can't give everyone a Sunback or a Zebra otherwise those ultra rare pets would become worthless Very Commons overnight. If you are disappointed by what you receive on the 18th please don't feel sad, because even if you were a bit unlucky on the day, the re-release benefits everyone long-term by making trading for older rares slightly easier for everyone again.

ImageImportant Information Concerning Dec 18th Pets: Image

• You may not recognize the pets you receive, but there is a good chance that they will be valuable pets with a high trading value! They are not normal Advent pets and they will be worth much more than any other pets in the Advent Calendar.

• We recommend that you don't trade your pets away until you are sure you understand how much they are worth. You don't want to get ripped off by someone who offers you low-value pets for your new rares. There are older members who intentionally seek out new members and COPPA members on Dec 18th so they can try to rip them off with unfair trade offers. Please take your time and don't rush to accept any offers until you're sure that it feels like a good deal for you.

• You can ask for help identifying or valuing your Dec 18th pets in a special topic which will be created on Dec 18th.
    Here is the link to last years topic.

• If you're a COPPA player and can't post in the forum to ask about your pets, we recommend that you wait until your pets are fully grown before you trade them so that you can work out which outcomes you have and what their rarity is. You can also send a help ticket to get some help from General Helpers/Staff.

Image Why can't I adopt from the boxes on December 18th?

Because the 18th gives you the chance to get older pets, many people are tempted to cheat. To help keep the CS economy in order, Nick implemented a system that will stop new members from adopting from the boxes.

Nick wrote:The cheating isn't merely a theoretical possibility, it's a certainty. Look at the graph of number of people creating accounts from last Dec 18th:

[graph no longer works but showed a huge spike of people making accounts]

Chicken Smoothie suddenly becomes "extremely popular" at midnight, release time.

Because of the rarity of the pets being released today, cheating threatens to ruin the rarity of all the valuable pets in the game. This protection is in place to stop the Chicken Smoothie economy being destroyed. Having the game economy ruined by cheaters is no fun for anybody.

No cheating!

Creating extra accounts to get more Dec 18th pets is super obvious and easy to detect, so unless you want to get banned, it's better to play fair.
Please note:
It is considered cheating if you get family or friends to sign up so they can send you their Dec 18th pets. It's considered cheating if your friend doesn't play anymore but uses their old account to adopt pets for you. Don't make any extra accounts for yourself, and make sure that your trades are fair if you are trading with family and friends. Don't trade with inactive players. If an account is being used just so that person can adopt things for you, then that is cheating.

Trade fair, play fair, and stick to the rules.

What about store pets?

Store pets accidentally got re-released once, but have never been in the box since that time.

What does "Unreleased/UR" mean?

On the 18th of December 2008, 4 pets were released during the advent calendar. These were pets classed as "Unreleased" because they were pets made for Chicken Smoothie that were never released at any other time but on December 18th.
It has become a tradition and new 'unreleased' pets have also been released for every December 18th since!
There is a chance that one of the pets you will adopt is one of these.

How do I get an "Unreleased/UR" pet and how rare are they?

The only time you can adopt an "Unreleased/UR" pet is on the 18th of December. There is a random chance that you might get one of these pets, out of several other hundred pets being released from the same box, and you are only allowed to adopt from each box once. This makes the "Unreleased/UR" pets Very Rare and OMG So Rare. They are highly sought after, and are very popular, making them quite difficult to trade for.

What do these "Unreleased/UR" pets look like?

You can find the full list in our Guide to Unreleased Pets and Zebras.
Here are some examples from previous years:
Image ImageImage
UR Purple Horse (2009) ----- UR Cucumber (2011) ----- UR Hollywing Dog (2013)

Image Image Image
UR Cinnabun (2016) ----- UR Galaxy Cat (2018) ----- UR Squid (2019)

Do you have more questions?

Just ask! =)
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2020 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Postby JustDucky » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:15 pm

If I miss a day can I still adopt the next day?
ส†ษฉศตำ„ credit
x
โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜
โ•ญxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฎ
"Don't let your dreams stay memes."
โ•ฐxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฏ
โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜
โ•ญxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฎ
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 36 people.
I have received 31 gifts.

She/Her
โ•ฐxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฏ
JustDucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 pm

JustDucky wrote:If I miss a day can I still adopt the next day?

Unfortunately not. The front page news bulletin says as follows:

There will be new gifts from December 1st - December 25th. Each gift is only available for 24 hours.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ickbeth » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Just curious as to why it started on the last day of Nov rather than the 1st of December. Logged on today and it was already day 2 of the advent :(
Ickbeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Ickbeth wrote:Just curious as to why it started on the last day of Nov rather than the 1st of December. Logged on today and it was already day 2 of the advent :(

It started on December 1st as normal. Each gift lasts the full day, unfortunately if you did not claim the gift each day it becomes unavailable. You can see the current site date and time at the bottom of each site page if that helps you keep track, as well as the Adopt button which will display New on it when a new gift arrives on the advent page for the day for you to get.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duplicity » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:11 pm

I don't know if this had been brought up at all or where it should be done, but I wanted to point out that the gold rat doesn't have the little watermark like the others do? Don't know if this was some kind of error or something? I don't think I've seen that before?
Sorry if it's not a problem or anything I just thought it was odd XD

Image Image
Duplicity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:14 pm

Duplicity wrote:I don't know if this had been brought up at all or where it should be done, but I wanted to point out that the gold rat doesn't have the little watermark like the others do? Don't know if this was some kind of error or something? I don't think I've seen that before?
Sorry if it's not a problem or anything I just thought it was odd XD

Image Image

Not to worry, it has been noticed and will be corrected as soon as possible :) A small oversight, thank you for letting us know.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foggy Mist » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 am

Is December 18th still the day you get can re-release pets ?
โœžMay StarClan light your path Thanks wimsy-draws for the profile pic: Image
Pet's name: Scourge NFT
Foggy Mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:40 am

Foggy Mist wrote:Is December 18th still the day you get can re-release pets ?

Yup!

โ•”โ•โ•โ•*.ยท:ยท.โ˜ฝโœง โœฆ โœงโ˜พ.ยท:ยท.*โ•โ•โ•โ•—
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
โ•šโ•โ•โ•*.ยท:ยท.โ˜ฝโœง โœฆ โœงโ˜พ.ยท:ยท.*โ•โ•โ•โ•
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby โ˜ฝisaโ˜พ » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:41 am

Ickbeth wrote:Just curious as to why it started on the last day of Nov rather than the 1st of December. Logged on today and it was already day 2 of the advent :(

probably time zones!
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚