Black Lives Matter

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Black Lives Matter

Postby huddson » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Dia. wrote:
ilikefruits wrote:
huddson wrote:[as a Native, i certainly appreciate the renaming of the item
is having a statement such as all lives matter or blue lives matter a reportable offense now?

Ah, this is a question that I have too if this hasn’t already been answered somewhere.

I think this answers this question, but let us know if you still have questions!
Lacuna wrote:
    Yes, we will be taking action to contact users if they are reported for insensitive profile content.

yes, but does CS now consider all and blue lives matter as insensitive profile content?
Cecil/Ffwsia - two-spirit, it/its, aspec polyam vincian - autistic + others
Toyhouse
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellb0und » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:27 pm

happy to see this being spoken on. also glad that the deerskin outfit was
        renamed. despite not being native myself and therefore unable to comprehend the injustice they have
        faced as well as the black community, i am glad staff are making positive changes.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:30 pm

huddson wrote:
yes, but does CS now consider all and blue lives matter as insensitive profile content?

I am also interested in a yes/no answer for this question. E-mail notifications are on to watch for replies.
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:34 pm

bats wrote:
huddson wrote:

I am also interested in a yes/no answer for this question. E-mail notifications are on to watch for replies.

I'm also curious about this as the main post did note them as being dismissive/ offensive but at first they were allowed on site. I'd like to know if I can report people with these things in their signature and not be penalized.
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crackerbox_palace » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:35 pm

thanks for making this statement, and the changes, it is very important for everyone to read <3
        I share similar concerns as the users above, though ^^
crackerbox_palace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hamlet » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Gremlin wrote:
bats wrote:
huddson wrote:

I'm also curious about this as the main post did note them as being dismissive/ offensive but at first they were allowed on site. I'd like to know if I can report people with these things in their signature and not be penalized.

I think Lacuna's answer covers this because they listed those sayings as against the movement in the post, and Lacuna said any accounts being made/advertising against BLM will be penalized. But I'm sure they will elaborate.
The Prince of Denmark wrote:♛ they/them
♛ butchfurby#1998
CS Discord Server
trade thread

poly | lance |bas
Hamlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sawge » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:39 pm

blm! tysm for this bro! youre super sick and so is everyone else who supports human rights!
t. sawge
sawge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blacknuz » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:53 pm

I like the fact that you took your time and didn't throw something out to, as you say, jump on the bandwagon. It's a bit sad though that everyone basically is forced to make a statement at all.
Blacknuz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Blacknuz wrote:I like the fact that you took your time and didn't throw something out to, as you say, jump on the bandwagon. It's a bit sad though that everyone basically is forced to make a statement at all.

Strongly agree!
    Very happy to see a well worded statement put out though, rather than one that was thrown together to stay on the bandwagon. It's somewhat sad to see there are a lot of threats being made against those who are not speaking up/considered to be doing enough. There are plenty of valid reasons for people to not be speaking on the issue, it may not equate to racism.. (Like many twitter users tend to throw out) Some people just don't have the mental ability to deal with this, it's a stressful time for everyone worldwide and I think it's important for people to speak out but also just as important for people to be considerate that everyone still has personal life problems they also must attend to. We need to band together as the people to put a stop to this, not draw others away.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Blacknuz wrote:I like the fact that you took your time and didn't throw something out to, as you say, jump on the bandwagon. It's a bit sad though that everyone basically is forced to make a statement at all.

Same here. It was a very methodical yet conscientious approach to the subject matter, and “black lives matter” was not the only point made across, but ideas germane to the humanitarian issues at hand were acknowledged which is very appreciative.
The thing I love about the CS staff members ways of approaching difficult matters is that they take their time to come up with the best possible way they can approach the situation, given the consideration of all players, hitherto and henceforth.
I have never really understood why people are being forced or shamed into publicly stating where they reside on terms of this issue. I hope this isn’t a recurring confliction.
It’s simply outlandish and pretentious to call someone racist for not publicly saying what they’re doing to support the movement. In other words, it’s just extreme and unfair.
As a player uncomfortable with ever sharing their political and personal views/experiences on humanitarian issues on a site not meant for that, it’s best to respect others privacy as common courtesy. If they’ve said something wrong or offensive, then you have every right to be upset and report the user as you feel necessary. Your feelings are utterly valid.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.