Re: Kalon Kit Readopt!!

Postby -Novacaine- » Sat May 02, 2020 8:52 am

A song that has a lot of meaning for Phantom is One More Light by Linkin Park because it always managed to cheer them up when they were feeling down. They've been bullied a lot as a kid, and this song always made them feel empowered, so when they first heard it, they stood up to their bullies and said that somewhere out there, someone would care if they died. So this song is their fight song, and they'd never give it up
Credit to frostily and Brackensnake for my avatar and sig image
MY BOI NOVAAA
-Novacaine-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Sat May 02, 2020 12:21 pm

art by sweathie x
FULLNAME || roxie rockin
GENDER || female
SONG || better now by post malone
PROMPT || you probably think that you are better now, better now.
the small kit lifted her head as the mall's speakers blasted a catchy song. she
turned towards her parents, who were talking to a man who had stopped them
and asked them to try a perfume sample. her eyes drifted over to a small water
fountain. thats a good stage, i bet. the kit thought. dropping her big bag of
see's candies, she jumped onto the fountain's ledge. "hey ya'll!" she screamed
at the top of her lungs. "i'm roxie rockin, and i am gonna sing!" the mall's music filled
the young kit with happiness. "with my brothers like its jonas, jonas." roxie sang with
the music. kalons turned as the young kit began vibing out. "i seen you with your other
dude." roxie giggled as she skiped over the fowl part of the song. "he seemed like he
was pretty cool." roxie tried to jump, but her tail got caught under her paws, sending
the young kit into the fountain's penny filled water. the crowd that had gathered began
giggling, which just made roxie more estatic. "woulda gave you anything, woulda gave
you everything, oh whoa!" roxie gave a rock and roll sign. as the crowd cheered, roxie
sighed. i want to be a singer when i grow up. thanks post malone! roxie thought.
FAST FORWARD SIX YEARS
roxie walked out onto the stage, her ears brimming with cheering crowds. the concert
had a great turn out, and she couldn't wait to perform for her fans. as the crowd died
down. roxie waved her paw. "hey ya'll, i'm gonna sing a song that has had a lot of
meaning to me over the past years." she smiled. "i'm going to be singing better now
by post malone." roxie waved to something off stage. "but, i'm gonna need post's help
singing it. so post, come on out!" the crowd roared. this is what i am meant to do.
roxie grinned.
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2020 5:51 pm

Name: Troy 'Royal' Garcia
    Song:
    God is in the Radio
    — by Queens of the Stone Age

*SNAP*

Troy frowned at his white Fender Mustang, its scuffed and dull black pick guard no longer under any strings. One guitar string coated in jet black pigment now coiled like curled balloon ribbon around the headstock. Yet again, he’d broken a string.

His band normally played in the low tuning of drop B, but since the first leg of their tour was officially a bust, he tried tuning it back to the standard E tuning it had come with so he could play his favorite songs when he got home. Being in the tuning it was in for so long, the overused strings decided they’d had enough and now all six of them sprang at odd angles. He sighed, packing it into a hard case covered in band stickers. He wasn’t in the mood to get jabbed by string ends. He’d deal with it at home.

The fourteen year old teenager packed into the back of his little carbon steel grey Volkswagen Golf GTI with the rest of the stuff he’d packed for the tour. Stage clothes, guitar tablature, and about two dozen CDs ; all somehow stuffed into three very small suitcases. He shut the trunk with a harsh slam. He popped into the driver’s seat to rest his wallet, keys, and hardship license on the top of the dash under the sunshade in the windshield. He slammed that door shut too. Teenage emotions were quickly taking a firm hold on his mood. He trudged back into his drummer friend's house, to sleep for one last night for who knew how long.

The next morning...

He cursed out little drummer boy for two things. One, his incessant drumming on butcher block counter tops could be heard three rooms away. Two, his alarm, which sounded like it should really be used to warn of the apocalypse coming, was right against the guest bedroom wall. He woke up with anxiety.

After about three mugs of dark roast coffee, waffles made unrecognizable by the unholy amount of sugar he’d dumped on them, and a bit of cold water splashed in his face, he got in the car and just started to drive. It was gonna be long from Seattle, Washington State to Palm Desert, California. So far from the desert that had been his home as long as he could remember. Suddenly, he felt homesick. Very homesick. He popped Songs for the Deaf into the CD slot, clicking it forward not one but eleven times.

“I thought I saw him on the video, the trance is keeping him under. I know that God is in the Radio, checkin’ the station.”

His grip on the wheel relaxed a little as the familiar swing of Queens of The Stone Age filled the air. He sang along every word to the low rasping drone of singer Mark Lanegan. Albeit squeaky with a voice only midway into adolescence and not at all settled into its final tonal register.

”You come back, another day. And do no wrong.”

Their ‘02 concept album was the very best in the eyes of someone who’s listened to the album since he wasn’t even born yet. It was a favorite of his mother's and a favorite of his as well.

“They say the devil is paranoid, always runnin’ for cover. But God is leakin’ through the stereo, between the station to station.”

It reminded him of family. His mom, his dad, his siblings. It recalled the long road trips he’d been on many times in earlier youth. Just miles and miles of sand and sprigs of cacti scattered about, the dry wind blowing through open windows. He still enjoyed open windowed drives.

It reminded him of that little spark of faith he was scared to explore. And of the spark of hope he tried valiantly to keep in his sights.

And most of all, it reminded him of home. The legendary driving song was written in his very own home town eighteen years ago. That meant the world to him. He smiled. While touring would’ve been a blast, there’s nothing quite like home sweet home.

MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Sat May 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi, hope I still made it in time.
So sorry if I missed the deadline.
This was all last minute.

Name: Shiro Andrew Jones

Song: sukiyaki

Prompt:

The Japanese song "sukiyaki" has a lot of meaning for Shiro.
    From his grandfather, to when he moved from Japan to Australia, to all his hardships along the way.

The Meanings:

1. His Grandfather
    Shiro was raised by his grandfather in Japan after his parents had died when he was a baby.
    Ever since then he's listened to their favorite songs, one of them being sukiyaki.
    The song has a fun and pleasant sound to it and the lyrics tell the story of a man who looks up and whistles while he is walking so that his tears will not fall.

2. Moving
    Shiro's grandfather had passed away, and he had been put in foster care until any relatives would claim him.
    His Australian relatives from his father's side had ended up adopting Shiro, which meant he had to move away from Japan and go to Australia, and would have to learn so much just to feel normal.
    Shiro would listen to sukiyaki to remember his grandfather, and that comforted him, even after he was settled in Australia.
    The song meant so much to Shiro, it reminded him of his grandfather, of Japan, of home.

3. Hardships
    Shiro has gone through many hardships between the loss of loved ones, be bullied, moving away from home, his time struggling to learn English, and his name change in Australia.
    Through all his struggles and hardships he thinks about the song sukiyaki, and how the man looks up and whistles while walking so that his tears won't fall, and how he can do the same even though it doesn't help the pain but to get through it enough until he can handle the tears.

This song comforts him with the reminder of his past and family when he feels lost, lonely, and afraid.

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaotic creativity » Sun May 03, 2020 4:31 am

Name ;; Cameron Elijah
    Gender ;; Male
    Song ;; You Will Be Found - Dear Evan Hansen
    Meaning ;; Cameron Elijah always struggled with his views of himself. Many times he slipped into what seemed like a never ending hole of sadness and negativity. He would feel like nobody even saw him for days, that the sky was grey, and that he was completely and utterly alone in the world. He doesn't know when the thoughts began, he just knows that they are. He spends days alone, but his friends created a corkboard filled with pictures of them together and song quotes across the entire thing.
    Have you ever felt like nobody was there?
    This line curves around a picture of Cameron surrounded by his friends at a waterpark. Beneath lies a handwritten note that says: "We're here for you, just like this picture shows."
    So let the sun come streaming in/'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again.
    These two lines are bolded across a picture of Cameron and his friends standing at the edge of the cliff as the sun rose in front of them. They look almost like shadows from the angle. Beneath is a note written in another style that says: "This is one of my favorite moments with you. It reminds me that you've been there since the beginning."
    When you're broken on the ground/You will be found.
    This is the last of Cameron's favorite parts of the board. This quote is actually a part of the picture itself. His friend was wearing a shirt with these lines on them as they stood in front of a cardboard cutout of a broken road. "This broken road may seem like it's your life, but look at Cassandra's shirt."
chaotic creativity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Novacaine- » Sun May 03, 2020 8:14 am

sharpiesandhamilton wrote:
    Name ;; Cameron Elijah
    Gender ;; Male
    Song ;; You Will Be Found - Dear Evan Hansen
    Meaning ;; Cameron Elijah always struggled with his views of himself. Many times he slipped into what seemed like a never ending hole of sadness and negativity. He would feel like nobody even saw him for days, that the sky was grey, and that he was completely and utterly alone in the world. He doesn't know when the thoughts began, he just knows that they are. He spends days alone, but his friends created a corkboard filled with pictures of them together and song quotes across the entire thing.
    Have you ever felt like nobody was there?
    This line curves around a picture of Cameron surrounded by his friends at a waterpark. Beneath lies a handwritten note that says: "We're here for you, just like this picture shows."
    So let the sun come streaming in/'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again.
    These two lines are bolded across a picture of Cameron and his friends standing at the edge of the cliff as the sun rose in front of them. They look almost like shadows from the angle. Beneath is a note written in another style that says: "This is one of my favorite moments with you. It reminds me that you've been there since the beginning."
    When you're broken on the ground/You will be found.
    This is the last of Cameron's favorite parts of the board. This quote is actually a part of the picture itself. His friend was wearing a shirt with these lines on them as they stood in front of a cardboard cutout of a broken road. "This broken road may seem like it's your life, but look at Cassandra's shirt."

That's such a great song, wish I thought of it XD Good pick
Credit to frostily and Brackensnake for my avatar and sig image
MY BOI NOVAAA
-Novacaine-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamyEnding » Sun May 03, 2020 8:45 am

Checking in to let y'all know I'll be ending this at rollover! So you have A little more than 3 hours!
about wrote:Liv
they • she
#girl
links wrote:Liv#5814
use my TH for
art/design credit!

notice wrote:please check out
MODULAR! my free
toyhouse layout!
you pick what's in it!
transfers wrote:I approve all out
of species transfers.

dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamyEnding » Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Closed to judge! Hope nobody disqualified themselves by editing after rollover lol
they • she
#girl
use my TH for
art/design credit!

MODULAR! my free
toyhouse layout!
you pick what's in it!
of species transfers.

dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamyEnding » Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Howdy howdy!
I'm here with results and MAN you guys did not go easy on me, like this was hard!!!
I had a lot of trouble choosing and ended up digging around to find what I could to offer as a RU, but we'll get to that!

Keeping it to the point as I always do, The Winner Is: Safe_Haven!!
I really feel like you nailed the feeling of fighting to get up with the comic you did! The meaning is sweet (and relatable, especially when all you can do is imagine those friendly embraces...) So congrats! Enjoy Royal
I'll be setting you up with the TH transfer, getting the gifting form posted (Posted!), and adding you, be sure to ask skwigler, sweetceberus, and fish-juice for permission to use their mega good art like omg they so goooood.

Okay moving on, like I said I was really torn! So torn that I ended up scrounging up some sorta RU!

MeltiTheDragon I really really loved your form to bits! Your style of writing really connects with me! So I wanted to offer you Hibiku (Royal's Parent) as a RU! Lemme know what you think!

Thank you everyone so much for entering! I wish I had more to toss out, but you can at least check out my 5 kal readopt that ends in like 3 days!

Stay safe out there!
they • she
#girl
use my TH for
art/design credit!

MODULAR! my free
toyhouse layout!
you pick what's in it!
of species transfers.

dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safe_Haven » Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Omg thank you so much!!! I can't believe I won the baby!! He's literally my most wanted kalon ever!!

Thank you so much!! I'm screaming, I'm so excited!! I love him!! I'll take good care of him, I promise!!

This is my first kalon competition I've ever won ;w;
ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━
___Lucifer | Puppy___
━━━━━━━━━
╔═══════════════════════════╗
they/them; he/him; she/her;
woof/woofs; storm/storms
╚═══════════════════════════╝
━━━━━━━━━
___Toyhouse | Kalons___
━━━━━━━━━