Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✧ kora foxes by apprentice_

Artist apprentice_ [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 7 hours
Drawing sessions 17
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✧ kora foxes

Postby apprentice_ » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:00 pm

homepage - adopts - nursery - events - myos/growths/transfers - artist search: main / nursery
arpg - marketplace - archive - item bank - archive update - item update
intro - guidelines - staff - rarity guide - arpg & windchimes

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

introduction
       
welcome to Kora Foxes! this is a closed species featuring Kora, which, anatomically, most resemble foxes. each
one is seen with a “divinity,” taking the form of either a rosary (essentially a halo formed from beads) or a
reflector (a shield). the large majority of adopts will be free, with paid adopts occurring rarely for staff benefits
and sometimes events. while an arpg aspect does exist, participation is not required and will not affect you if you
do not participate.

this species takes inspiration from mythology and, in particular, okami, in regards to the divinities.

please have a look around, and enjoy your visit!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

events/announcements

       
— 4/20 | opening of the main adopts & threads !

Last edited by apprentice_ on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ rules

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

general rules
       
— all cs rules apply
— kora foxes is a closed species and non-staff are not permitted to create their own unless they hold a myo ticket.
— you cannot sell your kora if they were obtained freely, however, you can resell paid adopts for the same price
 (paid kora that have any art can be resold for their base price and additionally the price of their art).
— any negativity and/or harassment of any community member will not be tolerated.
— repeated rule-breaking and/or any serious infractions may result in a strike and/or ban if necessary.
— concerning strikes, kora operate on a forgiveness policy. more information below.
— please avoid mini-modding. we hire mods to monitor the community so that incorrect information is not spread.
— when looking for approval (on a growth, myo, edit, etc.) or needing to ask a question, please message a mod,
 not an artist.
— please remember that kora are still a growing species, and things are subject to change at a later date!

kora rules
       
— you cannot change your kora’s edits without an edit item.
  — accessories can be applied and made official without approval, but you must have a separate, accessory-
   less ref.
  — you may not draw your kora with edits they do not have. however, you may draw them without their
   divinity if you so choose.
— you may not reline or change aspects of the lines that do not fall under legal traits.
— please list all the edits of your kora when creating a myo, growing, or transferring a kora.
— please refrain from making fandom characters. while we allow kora that are inspired by and/or referencing
 mainstream characters, it is not allowed that they look especially similar to the character. please contact
 staff if you would like to check whether your kora is allowed or not.
— all kora must be marked by a wind chime next to the ref designating whether they are a main adopt, event
 adopt, myo, or growth (kits do not have a wind chime). please leave the wind chime there; if you make a
 separate reference, you may remove the wind chime. please do not recolor the tag.
— off-oekaki lines will be provided for those who want to make their kora off oekaki, however custom-lined
 kora will not be permitted.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

limits & cooldowns
       
— you can only win 1 kora per week. the cooldown begins with the end date of an adopt, ie, if you win a kora that
 ends on the 1st, you can't win another kora until the 8th. this excludes ru’s, nursery batches, 00's adopts, and
 myos. there is no limit to how many kora you can own. this cooldown is subject to change later!

— you must own a kora for 2 weeks before you can either gift or trade them.
— you may trade once a month, beginning on the first of each month. giftings have no limit.

— you must own a kora for 1 month before breeding them.
— each kora may only breed 3 times.
— there is a month cooldown in between each breeding, and this starts as soon as the ticket is accepted by an artist.

trade rules
       
— kora may only be traded for other kora or myo tickets.
  — this is subject to change later
— you may trade once a month. cooldown resets on the first of each month.
— a user can trade multiple kora at a time between themselves and one other user.
— please fill out the appropriate form on the archive update thread for the trading/gifting to be valid.

myos & revamp rules
       
— a “make your own,” or myo, is a custom kora. a myo ticket is the item used to create a myo.
— myo tickets can be bought, or awarded in the arpg or events, or received in trades or gifts.
— any community member may create the kora, and may charge for customs.
— artists may not create a premade design on the base and sell it.

— they must follow all kora rules. please also refer to the trait list before making one!

— kora can only be revamped if they have not yet been bred and have been owned for 2 months.
— when revamping, you must contact the original artist so they can choose what to do with the design.
— original artists can use the design for themselves, give it away, or completely scrap it. they may not sell it.
— all arpg elements will reset when a kora is revamped, including levels and stats.

nursery rules
       
— both kora involved in the breeding must be on the adult lines, and cannot be related.
— do not edit or double post your form. doing so will disqualify your form.
— do not post other than to mark or post a form.

— you must own a kora for 1 month before breeding them.
— each kora may only breed 3 times.
— there is a month cooldown in between each breeding, and this starts as soon as the ticket is accepted by an artist.

strikes & ban policies
       
— repeated rule-breaking and/or any serious infractions may result in a strike and/or ban if necessary. minor
 things, such as spam, will only receive a warning the first time.

— kora operate on a forgiveness policy. if you receive a strike and go 3 months without receiving another strike,
 then one strike will be removed. however, there are tiers of consequences for each strike level:

  — 1 strike
    — breeding and adopt cooldowns are longer
    — adopting now has a one per month cooldown, resetting on the first of the month
    — breeding now has a two month cooldown, resetting on the date of your last accepted ticket

  — 2 strikes
    — a temporary ban from the community
    — during the first month, the user will be unable to post on the fanclub/discord, participate in the arpg,
     adopt, breed, or trade. you may still gift during this period.
    — during the second and third month, the user will be able to interact with the fanclub/discord and participate
     in the arpg, however they still will be unable to adopt/breed/trade. you may still gift during this period.
    — after 3 months, only the second strike will be removed, so the increased cooldowns are still in place until
     another 3 months have passed.

  — 3 strikes
    — 3 strikes will result in a ban.
    — the user will be unable to post on the fanclub or any other cs threads regarding kora and will be banned
     from the discord server.
    — the user may not adopt, breed, or trade within the species, however they will still be able to gift their
     kora to other users. they may not purchase myos.
    — upon ban, you will keep your kora unless you choose to gift.

strikes & bans list

none !

Last edited by apprentice_ on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ staff related

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 am

staff
       
owners/creators
 — rainichi (lines & species information)
 — bite sized kuiper (species information & arpg)

admins
 — rainichi
 — bite sized kuiper

archivists
 — rainichi

mods
 — none yet !

main adopt artists
 — none yet !

nursery artists
 — none yet !

growth artists
 — none yet !

staff rules
       
— artists may hold any type of competition for their designs, however all competitions must be free unless it is
 their monthly staff benefit adopt.
— artists may not take payment for any main adopts, nursery batches, or growths.

— artists may not approve growths/transfers/myos. this is the moderators’ job. if you, as an artist, are approached
 by a community — member about approvals, please redirect them to a mod.

— a user can hold multiple artist positions at a time, however they must apply for each position separately and be
 hired to do so (ie. a main adopt artist can apply for a nursery artist position and do both if they would like to do so).

staff duties
       
owners/creators
 — hold the creative rights to the species / more of a title/credit

admins
 — co-run the species / make major decisions

archivists
 — keep the archives updated / assist with arpg and main events

mods
 — manages/interacts with the community/staff / assist with arpg and main events / answer questions /
  give warnings (not strikes; contact admins) / approve growths/revamps/transfers/myos / assist artists
  in judging comps if asked
 — non-mods can answer public questions, but should otherwise not be doing mod specific duties.

main adopt artists
 — create main adopts / do not create nursery batches / assist with arpg and main events

nursery artists
 — create nursery batches / do not create main adopts / assist with arpg and main events

growth artists
 — transfer kits to adult lines

staff activity
       
— staff will be given benefits after activity checks every month, monitored by the admins. guidelines are loose, as
 we take many factors into consideration.
— below are listed any specifics for artists to be considered active; non-artists follow a much looser guideline largely
 based on whether they are noticeably active and doing their duties.
  — if you, as a non-artist, feel as if you have been judged incorrectly, please pm/dm rainichi and bite sized kuiper.
  — if you, as an artist, did not complete your requirements but still believe you should receive benefits, please
   pm/dm rainichi and bite sized kuiper.

— staff that have been inactive for six months will receive a pm and be dismissed from staff.

main adopt artists
  — must create at least 3 main or event adopts per month
nursery artists
  — must create at least 3 kits per month
growth artists
  — must grow at least 3 kits per month

staff benefits
       
— after a month of activity, staff members will be rewarded either rare edit items or will be given the ability to
 create a rare kora to sell for any cs currency, da points, or trade for myos/kora. usd sales are currently not
 allowed. staff may choose each month which reward they would like to receive.
 — staff can hold onto their rewarded edit items for 3 months to convert this into a 1 rare myo ticket if they choose
  to do so.
 — if staff chooses to create and sell a kora, they’ll do so by posting an adopt under the adopts cover with the
  appropriate leaflet (gold). the kora can be flatsale, auction, or ota.

— staff may ask a nursery artist to create a personal nursery batch for them after 3 months of activity, in addition
 to normal monthly benefits. this batch will count towards the nursery artist’s activity.

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ staff forms

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:11 am

moderator applications
closed | they'll open soon, keep an eye out !

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ rarity guide

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:12 am

traits list
       
— fabled traits cannot be used by community members. only staff can design kora with fabled traits, and
 they will only appear in 00’s.
— anything marked in italics is a mutation and does not pass down in breedings

standard
 — claws // teeth // whiskers (of any reasonable length) // irregular blood (colors other than red) //
  paw color // eye color (iris, sclera) // tattoos

common
 — custom tails // hair (halfway down to the legs) // minor fur (shorter/longer fur) // custom pupils
  custom tongue // tier 1 rosaries

uncommon
 — halos (1-3 per kora) // hair (longer than halfway down the legs) // major fur (extremely long fur)
  glow // irregular whiskers (ie. dragon whiskers) // custom ears // small plant growths*
   - *approach a mod for more clarification if needed!

rare
 — extra/missing/less eyes // elemental aspects/ / multiple tails (2-3) // goop/slime // gem growth //
missing limbs // height (taller/shorter) // tier 2 rosaries / horns // wings
 — color changing (minor form change)*
   - *may only be applied to markings; may not be applied to the base coat/color
   - *may be any number of colors
   - *may be used in conjunction with form change
 — minor gene splicing (small additional extremities or minor changes in anatomy)*
   - *things like feather growth, antenna, hooves, etc.
   - *approach a moderator for any clarification or questions regarding other minor gene splice traits
 — large plant growth (large flowers/vines/plants/etc)
   - *approach a mod for more clarification if needed!

mystics
 — crystal growth // extra limbs // multiple tails (4-9) // 4+ halos // tier 3 rosaries
 — scale plating (underbelly, neck, shoulders) *clear it with a mod beforehand!
 — major gene splicing (anything that drastically changes the anatomy)*
   - *mertail, bird legs, etc.
   - *front legs may not be gene spliced.
   - *approach a moderator for any clarification or questions regarding other minor gene splice traits
 — form change (2 forms)
   - *each form may have different traits; each form must have its traits listed
   - *design/markings between forms should be similar, but don’t necessarily have to be the same
   - *palettes between forms should share similarities, but don’t necessarily have to be the same
   - *form change may be used in conjunction with color change

fabled (only ‘00 adopts can have these traits)
 — eyes on the body / exposed bone / horns on the body / form change (3 forms)

disallowed
 — multiple heads / tail heads / glass body parts / double ears / body parts made of slime/goop

divinities
       

— divinities are divine objects every kora possesses.
— all kora must have a divinity, however they do not need to be visible all the time. you may have a
 separate reference without the divinity, and you may draw them without their divinity if you so choose.
   — kora may not have more than 1 divinity.
— divinities most often come in the form of a rosary, however they may very rarely appear as a reflector on a
 kora’s back.
   — a rosary is a ring of beads that floats around the kora, similar to a halo.
   — rosaries are most commonly found around the neck, however they may appear around the waist or tail.
   — the beads are commonly simple shapes, and more complex shapes and elemental beads are rarer. these
    beads can be upgraded to higher, more complex “tiers”:
     — tier 1: common rarity. these are simple beads and shapes
     — tier 2: rare rarity. these have more beads and are more complex
     — tier 3: mystic rarity. these have many beads, are complex, and often have elemental aspects
     — currently, please message an admin for clarification on which tier a rosary is when editing a rosary.
 — reflectors are essentially a round shield floating over the back of a kora.
 — they may be relatively simple, or very complex.
     — reflectors are reserved for special adopts.
     — they do not have tiers, but may be edited with an item.

Last edited by apprentice_ on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ arpg aspect & windchimes

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:20 am

arpg aspect
       
— kora have a very loose semi-arpg aspect that is optional for all users. you may opt in or out of it at any point
 in time, participating only as often as you’d like to.
— users can participate in a number of prompts and minigames to earn rewards such as edit items, myo tickets,
 bits (kora currency), and, rarely, bonus kora. anything that can be obtained through the arpg can be obtained
 otherwise, either through paid transactions or species events.
— the arpg will be open as often as staff is able to manage it; please keep an eye out for which prompts & games
 are presently open.

— the arpg aspect is currently a wip ! check back later for when it opens up !

windchimes
       
the windchimes on the ref are meant to show, at a glance, where the kora came from. please do not remove the
windchimes on the original ref; separate refs do not need to have the windchime. you may recolor the windchime
as you’d like, but please use the appropriate leaflet (tanzaku paper).

color guide:
green: main adopt // gold: paid adopt // blue: event adopt
pink: growth // purple: myo
artist entry: black // myo comp entry: white

bells
       
grouped with the divinities are a number of bell accessories. they're just accessories. use them as you will!

Last edited by apprentice_ on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ kora foxes

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:25 am

res !
apprentice_