Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby ty_tay » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:29 pm

I clicked color-in on one of my adoptables, however it will only allow me to edit the drawing and not post anything new. This has resulted in losing the lines for my adoptables with the edits I had made to the lines. Is there any way to fix the oekaki so that it will allow me to post color-ins again?

Edit: I've now also tested it on another section of my adopts and it will not allow me to color-in and post a drawing. It only lets me save as an edit to the drawing.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KiraWolf » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:15 pm

I've recently rejoined CS and painted an Oekaki or ten since and something caught my eye. I don't know if this is how it's always been or if something's wrong, but currently, anytime I'm using Chickenpaint, the resolution is way off and I have to kind of guess how things are going to look based on the pixel-y image I see. (Here is an example of what I see when drawing anything.) I've tried messing with all of my settings, zooming in and out, and still, nothing has worked. The resolution does appear fine though after I upload it, I'm so confused.

Another question- What are the new folder options I keep seeing when coloring in other people's templates?
I AM ETERNALLY SCREAMING SEEKING RATS OF ANY KIND<3

♥You Are Loved♥
My WL is at 68 pages!! :o
Need help? Wanna chat? Feel free to PM me =)
KiraWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atomicstrawberries » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:04 am

KiraWolf wrote:
I've recently rejoined CS and painted an Oekaki or ten since and something caught my eye. I don't know if this is how it's always been or if something's wrong, but currently, anytime I'm using Chickenpaint, the resolution is way off and I have to kind of guess how things are going to look based on the pixel-y image I see. (Here is an example of what I see when drawing anything.) I've tried messing with all of my settings, zooming in and out, and still, nothing has worked. The resolution does appear fine though after I upload it, I'm so confused.

Another question- What are the new folder options I keep seeing when coloring in other people's templates?

I'm having the same problem with the resolution! Any help would be appreciated.

(also, I think the folders are new to ChickenPaint 2.0? I'm using that and that's how I've gotten them)
atomicstrawberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 am

I am wanting to work on the Oekaki again to see if I could get the pen pressure to work, but I can't seem to find a button to even start? I can only find a button to edit one of my own and not start a new one.

Trying to edit one of my own and the pen tool just moves the canvas for some reason. I'm not holding down a key at all. This is only with my tablet. Currently using firefox as a browser.

I downloaded chrome but I wanted to avoid that, but everything seems to work fine on it. I still don't know how to make a new drawing though. It seems like the new drawing button is missing from "sketches and experiments" but it's there on all other ones.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby banned user » Fri May 01, 2020 3:11 pm

If i make an editble okitai thats a drawing of one of my characters and it says "what's super sunnys advice for quarantine" then its a drawing of super sunny with the caption "super sunny says:" and let the person editing put the advice will the mods be okay with it?
I ♡ debates :3 @bunnymew6428 on discord if you'd like to debate me
ImageImage
I value freedom of speech more than anything in this world
im REALLY into politics
I make dumb drawings and stuff let me know if you want a commsion its super cheep
banned user

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Wed May 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Wookieinmashoo wrote:I am wanting to work on the Oekaki again to see if I could get the pen pressure to work, but I can't seem to find a button to even start? I can only find a button to edit one of my own and not start a new one.

Trying to edit one of my own and the pen tool just moves the canvas for some reason. I'm not holding down a key at all. This is only with my tablet. Currently using firefox as a browser.

I downloaded chrome but I wanted to avoid that, but everything seems to work fine on it. I still don't know how to make a new drawing though. It seems like the new drawing button is missing from "sketches and experiments" but it's there on all other ones.

I can't help with the first two questions, but as for making a new drawing, I can!
go into any oekaki forum and click "new drawing". it should say "Please choose a canvas size for this drawing" along with two options "standard" and "new larger size (50% bigger!). click one, and then oekaki will load.

sketches and experiments, along with the old forums of oekaki, have all been retired in favor of new forums. read more here!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grafaiai » Sat May 16, 2020 5:13 pm

i'm not sure if this thread's being checked much anymore, but it's worth a shot:
i recently factory reset my computer for unrelated reasons & thought it'd be a good opportunity to switch from chrome to firefox. however, despite just having set up my tablet (& confirming that it's set up correctly by testing it in other programs like clip studio paint), i'm having a strange issue.
if pen pressure is enabled for any option (brush size, opacity, or scattering), it'll stay stuck at the lowest possible value for that option. for example, if the "brush size" is set to 13 & i don't have pen pressure enabled for it, the brush is 13 pixels big, but if i enable pen pressure, it'll be stuck at 1. the pressure sensitivity/etc in clip studio paint works perfectly normally, so it seems to be a problem with oekaki?

i installed chrome to test it, and it works normally in chrome. but i would really like to get it to work in firefox, because i would really like to not have to use chrome ever again let alone switch over just for oekaki drawings lol :')

i'm using a surface pro 4 with windows 10

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐵 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
🐛
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!
🪳
i have lots of free toyhou.se
codes, message me for one
🦗
C4C / AMA / art thread / <3
grafaiai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:55 am

It's been awhile sine I've used the oekaki with the intent to use my drawing tablet and I know there has been changes to it lately. So here's what i'm inquiring about. Pen pressure; Do we still use Jtablet or is there another new program? Because there kinda sounds like there is and it sounds way better. Thanks!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:43 pm

anyone?
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:17 pm

since no one seems to have an answer for you (including me, sorry), try sending in a help ticket?
    good luck!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items