Oekaki Board Changes - IN PROGRESS - instructions inside

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Please tell us what you'd like for the oekaki organisation!

The new suggested changes sound good, let's give it a go!
76%
I prefer the original organisation (Beginners - Advanced, Sketches)
17%
I don't have a preference
7%

Total votes : 391

Re: Oekaki Board Changes - NEW POLL

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 pm

I really like the new changes! However, I'm realizing that such a big board change will mean a lot of misfiled drawings - what sort of plans are in place to facilitate moving them to the proper boards? I know mods are already moving topics, but I can't imagine they want to go through and move every single drawing on the Oekaki, of which there must be tens of thousands. I for one would definitely be willing to go through and move my drawings myself after the board changes are finalized and put in place if there was some sort of system to let me do so. Otherwise, I'd have to go through and report misfiled drawings one by one, which sounds incredibly tedious for both me and whichever staff member ends up dealing with them. I definitely feel like there should be some sort of system in place to let users move drawings by themselves, at least temporarily, to help facilitate the board switch.

Edit 3/27/20: Holy, y'all are fast! My suggestion might not be as relevant after all, aha. Big thank you to everyone working on moving stuff!
Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Looking good so far! I agree with quite a few others on here that picking a category on the page to write your topic would really be helpful i think, as i have accidentally misplaced a drawing or two on occasion a couple of times myself since drawing on here. :lol:
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:47 pm

I personally dont see why anthro should have its own board. I dont see that many anthro drawings, humans are much more common. I'd personally add those to a human/humanoid/anthro group.
If people think they should be in animals/creatures, also fine.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!!!

Offsite deals
FlightRising
Treasure: 200.000
Gems: 1200
Feel free to make an offer

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am

Maybe add a way so that, when users 'color in' their pets they got from the adoptable sections, they are put automatically in reference sheets unless moved on purpose? Because there's a lot of adopt doubles 'clogging' the adopt boards that are owners simply decorating their new ocs.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doglover879015 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:18 am

I agree with this, also it makes it so that if people want to compliment how well an artist did they have to sort to find the original to compliment the artist who made it.
Please talk to me I don't bite.

I am Doglover287915 on fr https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/30127
Doglover879015

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:30 am

J-and-K341 wrote:Looking good so far! I agree with quite a few others on here that picking a category on the page to write your topic would really be helpful i think, as i have accidentally misplaced a drawing or two on occasion a couple of times myself since drawing on here. :lol:

good idea, we are working on this :)

thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions! We have decided to go ahead with the proposed changes as outlined on the first post, however this will take some time so expect to see changes slowly happening over the coming weeks.

We will soon update with instructions about how you can help us to organize your topics :) in the meantime, please don't report topics which have't been correctly re-sorted yet. We are still in the process of sorting, and an influx of reports will slow us down.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation :D
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finky ! » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Okay, yeah. Gimme the new ones.
Hi I'm Finky -- It/its -- Pfp from Haikyuu S4
Finky !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki Board Changes - STARTING SOON - instructions insi

Postby Tess » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback! We will add new boards and start re-sorting the old boards in about a day.

Topics in these boards will soon be moved: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, Sketches & Experiments

Once the new categories have been added, please feel free to post your art to those. Access to the old boards will soon become restricted to prevent new posts being added to them. Once we have finished sorting all the old topics into the new boards, the old boards will be removed.

Moderators are moving all of your topics manually, so this may take several weeks to get everything sorted. Thank you for your patience!

OPTIONAL: If you want to help us to sort your own oekaki topics out of the old boards:
Please edit an initial into the start of the topic title to let us know which board you want it in like so:
  • Add (H) for Human/Humanoid
  • Add (X) for Anthro
  • Add (A) for Animals/Creatures
  • Add (L) for Landscape/Scenery
  • Add (O) for Objects/Abstract/Other
  • Add (R) for Reference Sheets

For example:
Old title: Squiddy at the beach
New title: (A) Squiddy at the beach

This will now be sorted into animals.
It's not necessary to rename your topics if you don't want to, as we will get to your topics eventually, but this speeds up the process :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me