Oekaki Board Changes - IN PROGRESS - instructions inside

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Please tell us what you'd like for the oekaki organisation!

The new suggested changes sound good, let's give it a go!
76%
I prefer the original organisation (Beginners - Advanced, Sketches)
17%
I don't have a preference
7%

Total votes : 391

Re: Oekaki Board Changes - NEW POLL

Postby Antipathy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:15 am

I also agree that anthro/furry art should have a separate category of its own, as it is generally distinct enough from both humans and ferals to warrant its own board, but other than that, I love all the new categories and I look forward to the possibility of the boards reorganized.
Antipathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 am

New boards seem good! Though I agree with the others who have pointed out that it would be better to pair anthros with the animal board rather than the human/humanoid board. Also I think having a board for reference sheets isn't really necessary, after all, a reference sheet is typically just artwork consisting of one character, so it wouldn't be wrong to just put it into the human or animal board depending on the character. I just feel it's not something common enough to warrant needing its own board.

Anyways, with the new board categorization, something I'd like to suggest is a board that functions like the "Most popular of all time" and "Most popular this week" boards, but instead of it being the most popular drawings, have it be of the latest oekakis from all boards. Basically it'd be the "Recent drawings from the Oekaki forums" feed on the oekaki page, but expanded as its own board. It'd be a nice way for users to view and comment on art from all categories, and also would help people discover new art and artists from boards that they probably wouldn't visit otherwise. (perhaps have the latest drawings limited to the main boards? so it's not flooded with adoptable color-ins where it's the same base art)
Who are you wrote:
Sol (or qwertyo!) ☀︎ She/Her ☀︎ PST time

Links wrote:

☀︎ Toyhou.se
☀︎ Deviantart
☀︎ Commissions
☀︎ ♫ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER♫
qwertyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:18 am

So maybe we need a separate anthro board more than we need the reference sheets board?

Basically it'd be the "Recent drawings from the Oekaki forums" feed on the oekaki page, but expanded as its own board. It'd be a nice way for users to view and comment on art from all categories, and also would help people discover new art and artists from boards that they probably wouldn't visit otherwise

Good idea :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 am

Tess wrote:So maybe we need a separate anthro board more than we need the reference sheets board?

i feel like this would work much better, so my vote on this is yes :>
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werefly » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

Tess wrote:So maybe we need a separate anthro board more than we need the reference sheets board?

I like the idea of both boards, both the reference sheets boards, and a separate board for anthros!

Reference sheets don't feature a subject the same way regular art would, and they have color palettes and often times headshots or close-ups of accessories, mouths, eyes, and other features kinda just floating around the character, so I think it's worthwhile to keep them separate from the other boards since they're not the same as just a drawing of a character.

Additionally with a separate board for reference sheets, if people looked at your Oekaki gallery, they would easily be able to find all your character references because those would all be sorted under one category in your gallery, which I think is neat and would make character storage simpler for users who don't have a Toyhou.se account or other website (or have restricted access to other websites), to store their characters as well as information for their characters.
Werefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:07 am

Okay, we'll add a separate anthro board into our setup then and we can still keep the ref sheets board for those who liked that idea

So far it's looking like the majority of you are keen for the changes so we will likely start moving things in a couple of days. It will take a long time for staff to manually sort all the oekaki drawings so please be patient if your pics don't get sorted correctly right away :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 pm

I just want to say I'm very excited with these oekaki board changes!

One question, would ARPG's also count towards being closed species? Thank you <3
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 pm

hannahbun wrote:
    I just want to say I'm very excited with these oekaki board changes!

One question, would ARPG's also count towards being closed species? Thank you <3

Yes, ARPGs would be considered a Community, which will be sorted with Closed Species c:
The other board is for people making sheet adopts or one off adopts. In other words, adopts that aren't part of a large community.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 am

I think separate boards on adoptable oekaki would be nice, the adoptable oekaki is usually flooded with tealea (idk if that is spelled right.) dog bases, or just adoptable "color-in's", when I'd rather adopt a character that was drawn out and designed by the artist is that makes sense? Like one character instead of 9 on a sheet?

I'm not very good at explaining my ideas :')

Edit: i see on your post that that idea has been added! Great minds think alike :3
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:37 am

new boards, awesome :o

-not very active but when i am its on oekaki