Euphorian Thoroughbred #E037 by Half Tree

Based on Click to view
Artist Half Tree [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E037

Postby Half Tree » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Welcome to the ERRP February Foal Festival!

A mysterious Stork trailer dropped off a massive crowd of Euphorian
Thoroughbred foals at Sonata Stables... we need you all to help adopt
them and give them good homes! At the February Foal Festival, join
us in an event to raise awareness about these fillies and colts in need!

Owner: LivingLethal
Show Name: She's An Outlaw
Barn Name: Winona
Height: 16.1hh
Eye Color: Chocolate Filling
Phenotype: Red Dun Tobiano w/Grease Spots
Genotype: ee Ata DD Toto
Mane Type: Trimmed
Discipline: Ranch, S&R, Therapy
Halter: Neutral Zone
Breeding Info:
- Dominant for dun, will always produce dun foals! [DD]
Edit List: Perked ears, wide eyes, tongue, trimmed tail

This special little gal, will grow into her spots.

There is a lot of activity going on around the area, how does she handle all this hustle and bustle?
Minimum 300 words, no maximum. Optional one extra [100 words or 1 art piece].

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]

[b]Competition:[/b]

Ends February 15th.
Last edited by Half Tree on Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E037

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Username: SpartanAmethyst
Show Name: ARR Brooklyn Rouge
Barn Name: Brooklyn or Brook
Height: 15.3 hh
Halter: Surprise me
Discipline: 3DE, specialty in dressage

Competition:
She didn't quite understand this feeling. She was terrified, frozen, in place, but at the same time, she'd never felt so alive.

Her first moments out of the cramped space in the trailer were relief, brought on by room to breathe and stretch. It was a glorious feeling, but when she noticed the other foals quiet in fear and apprehension, she took notice. In the little makeshift pasture that had been created, she stood with all of the colts and fillies she'd been born with. Humans surrounded them just outside the hastily erected fence, murmuring softly amongst themselves about her and her siblings. Brooklyn could feel her heart beginning to race, fight or flight rising in her chest like a tsunami. They'd never really been around many humans, and out of her peripheral vision she could see a few of the others beginning to back away bit by bit, unsure of this new territory. Should she back away too? They weren't threatening them; hell, the humans seemed to be holding their breaths just as much as they were.

Suddenly something clicked in Brooklyn's mind, like a switch being flipped, and her panic instantly dissipated. The young filly suddenly found her confidence and reared, pawing at the air and whinnying. Some of the humans seemed to jump, others smiling and whispering hurriedly to their friends and companions. As she returned to the ground, Brooklyn pranced forward, bouncing easily from one foreleg to the other and showing off a natural high-step. Her confidence quickly spread like wildfire to the other foals, encouraging them to step up and show off. One by one they began to prance and play with one another, slowly relaxing even despite the large number of people still watching their games. Quickly each human began to pick out their favorites, and the talk of adoptions was set into motion. And while Brooklyn soon found herself to be quite favored by many of the adopting stables that day, one set of mischievous blue eyes watched this young leader intently. She would make a perfect companion to one of her other thoroughbreds, and quickly the woman wove her way to the adoption table.

While Brooklyn is normally a very calm and obedient mare, don't let her refined behavior fool you; she can be quite the show-off, and sometimes quite the troublemaker. In a crowd, there's only a brief moment where Brooklyn panics, trying to figure out the kind of people she's around and working with. It doesn't take her long to find her stride, though; a natural leader and a brilliant showman (showmare?), Brooklyn loves to be in the spotlight. She adores performing and competing, and is always happier in the ring versus out to pasture. She has a natural high-step that makes her a spectacular dressage horse, and though she competes in multiple events, that's where her passion lays. While she is very showy and sometimes overly confident, she isn't obnoxious, and uses her energy to encourage other horses to come out of their shells and show their own skills.
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dubai. » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:14 pm

Username: Dubai
Show Name: Just Peachy
Barn Name: Peaches
Height: Estimated 17 hh
Halter: Pastel pink w/ silver hardware
Discipline: Show jumping

Competition:

Peaches is usually quite calm around a crowd, but this one got to her. She can be quite the trouble maker, whether she means it or not, so this story is a large mess. The air was chilled, every foals nostrils flaring allowing puffs of breath to escape into the cool morning air. They were all lined up in halters, some tied to posts. A man chose one at a time to lead on top of a stage, raise their head with the lead rope, shout numbers, then send them to other people. No foal knew where they went next until they were there. Peaches watched foal after foal disappear, people in the audience flipping paper signs up. When the time came for her to go, she shuffled backwards. Her hooves dug into the ground as she jumped backwards. She whinnied frantically, her ears back. Other foals looked back at her while they continued without her. Peaches was dragged up and back into the front of the line. She walked up, her legs shaking. The man held her head up as she looked towards the audience. Peaches squealed and whinnied as numbers were shouted. Paper signs flew up and down at her.

Everything seemed to hold still. Items were being flung and thrown everywhere. She watched paper fling up and down from people in the audience. Numbers stacked up as they forced her to stand square. Peaches heart began to race as her eyes widened. She snorted, blowing, the air forced out becoming faster and stronger. Her small hooves danced upon the surface of the platform. Peaches ears flipped back as the man shouted "Sold!". She was finally let go before she lost it and began to misbehave. Her halter was let go and she was handed to another person, this time a lady. She allowed the lead rope to get stepped on. Peaches noticed and stood up on two hooves on the stairs of the platform. Her ears flipped back as she jumped down the lats two stairs, nostrils flaring at the woman. The lady snatched the lead rope, a concerned expression upon her face. This filly is going to be one to break alright.

Peaches calmed herself as she was taken to where the lady parked. They walked a long way until they reached an open trailer containing a young splash mare and a more mature splash mare. She was placed in the spot next to them. Once she was settled, she ended up lying down with her head held up by the halter tied to the trailer railing. Peaches slept all the way home. Once they arrived, she was unloaded and taken to a small paddock where she roamed on her own. It was good to finally be at home.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
Dubai - She/her - Anxiety
"coding credit"

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Dubai is a
KWPN gelding
who can jump
grand prix
height. He
has 2 vices.
One is cribb
ing, the othe
r is being
sweet <33
Dubai is my
favorite horse <3

┕━━━━━━━━┙
dubai.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HarperTheKiv » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:17 am

Username:Ghouly_
Show Name: Dangerous little Rabbit
Barn Name: Touka
Height:16.1hh
Halter:pastel lavender, light pink hardware
Discipline: Vaulting

Competition: the day was certainly busy and hectic. All manner of people and horses were gathered at the stable, the air filled with strange foreign scents and loud clattering noise and chatter.
Despite all this seemingly overwhelming assault to the senses of young and anxious foals, Touka seemed to handle it all in her stride. She had been a bit anxious at the start, whinnying in her stall as she attempted to peer over the stall door at the passers by, reacting more from the frightened sounds of the other foals as they were led out of their stalls and towards the arena to be shown. The stable hands were kind though, and one in particular had bonded quite closely to Touka, and had spent the best part of 20 minutes grooming her and talking to her in a calm voice and helping her to settle. The time finally came for Touka to be shown, and she was led out through the well lit stable to the outside where she could see and hear everything.
She handled it in her stride despite being so young and inexperienced, she pranced and snorted with her nostrils flared and her tail held high, a hop and energetic skip to her step as she pranced and bounced along, actually having to be held back and slowed down by the laughing stable hand. She was in a great mood, no longer frightened by all the new things, she practically radiated confidence and energy as she moved. She handled all the flashing cameras and loud voices perfectly fine, as if it didn't bother her in the slightest, she was taken to the arena and allowed to run around to burn off her excess energy and allow the viewers to see how well she performed. She was then brought to a stop and had her body shown, her head being raised up and legs stretched out and having her hooves lifted.the entire thing went well and she never panicked or got frightened, she even had a bit of a sniff and nuzzle at the judge and she stayed calm and collected throughout the ordeal. the bidders were highly interested in the little red dun cutie, and she sold in no time at all to the highest bidder, she did get. A little bit disorientated while focusing on all the flipping bidding cards if the people in front of her, her ears flicking and picking up on all the different voices yelling as she tossed her head a bit but was calmed down by comforting strokes to her neck from the stable hand who stuck by her side throughout the whole thing.

She was sold off to a good owner, and would later be trained to be a Vaulter, for her steadfast nature and calmness at loud noises and busy crowds had been perfect for a horse of that chosen discipline, and throughout her life she ramined confident and spunky, never shying away from crowded places.
Avatar credit goes to St4z on Deviantart. Signature art is by me!
HarperTheKiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mango30 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Username: Mango30
Show Name: As Sweet as a Song
Barn Name: Melody
Height: Estimated 16.2 hh
Halter: Light blue, please!
Discipline: Cross Country

Competition:

To say Melody was noisy was an understatement. She always had something to say and heaven forbid that she wasn't heard! And in this mess of a stable with all of the hustle and bustle and loud noises, she was certainly not being paid attention to as much as she would like. And what would any self-respecting filly do when she doesn't get enough attention? She causes a little mayhem.

Melody was among the foals bounding around and whinnying at the top of her lungs, knocking things over and trying to grab the attention of anything, anyone! She took notice of some humans trying to catch her, waving carrots and treats of the like to persuade her to follow them. She would, but Melody enjoyed the attention she was getting from her little schemes. She was famous! Why would she ever give that up? However, her freedom did not last long. Finally, a human was able to get a lead rope on her neck and slip a small halter on her face. She squealed through the ordeal, not particularly happy her little adventure had come to an end so soon.

What happened next was more or less a blur for her; It consisted more of her fidgeting and being the noisiest little filly the place had ever heard and plenty of yelling and papers being thrown up and down. Melody couldn't care less about the latter. It didn't bother her and why should it? She was just as noisy some days. The occasional sharp tug on her halter stopped her from trying to prance away, but it never deterred her for long. In the blink of an eye, she was handed to another person who led her away from all the chaos. And you know what she did all the way through?

She whinnied and she neighed to her heart's content.
Hello! I'm Mango30, but I'm usually just called Mango, Puff or River. Really any of those are fine with me! I am a girl and would prefer the pronouns she/her. I ride horses, English style, and I love drawing and anything with horses! I'm completely obsessed horse adopts on here, so please feel free to tell me about any! I watch anime, Transformers Prime, RiD and a little TFA. The animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Ouran High Host Club, Soul Eater, Fate Apocrypha, and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm getting into Supernatural, Merlin, and some other shows like The Dragon Prince. This is just some basic information about me, so PM me if you ever want to talk! I'm free pretty much all the time! I don't bite!

Note: I tend to get a little awkward or anxious, which leads me to ask lots of questions. I'm sorry about that, I just tend to doubt myself sometimes!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mango30

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Username: LivingLethal
    Show Name: She’s An Outlaw
    Halter: Something neutral! Up to you <3
    Discipline: Ranch riding; mounted search and rescue; occasional therapy horse.

Competition:

Sonata Stable was rapidly devolving into a pot of chaos and insanity.

One could tell there was something odd about as foals and frantic stable hands littered the outskirts of the usually tame property. In the midst of it all, a large trailer sat idle and open for all to enter and exit as they pleased. It was from within that little Winona, one of the many foals to appear at the Stable this fateful morning, sat curiously observing the scene. It appeared no one had spied her presence yet—a situation that she quite fancied, and one she intended to take full advantage of. The filly took this second to disappear from the scene.

Winona trotted aimlessly around the pastures of Sonata Stable, taking in the fresh morning air and the much calmer sounds of the stable tenants. It seemed that this sect of the property was less occupied; naturally, she preferred the sights and sounds that this peaceful area offered. After a few minutes of quiet adventure, Winona found herself at the entrance of a pasture. This place was far from empty—she spied several mares and stallions grouped together within, and even heard the whispers of human speech not far away—but for some reason... it called to her. So, she took the plunge.

With a breath of bravery, the little filly began her formative prance to the group, knowing not who they were or what their intentions might be. Yet, she was unworried; the group gave off an air of comfort, of love, of kindness. It was because of this that when she stopped before them, Winona was confident.

“Why hello there,” a gentle voice spoke out from the crowd, “Are you alright, sweetheart?” The mare stepped forward, bending her head tenderly towards the foal.

In this moment, Winona felt a warmth she’d lost long before. The mare’s loving gaze and soothing stance gave her something she’d been desperately needing—unknowingly, but oh-so desperately. She strode ahead, and to the bewilderment of the mare, Winona simply rested her head on the mare’s side.

During the pandemonium of this morning, Winona found something she’d been longing for: a mother.

[358/300]
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:19 am

Extended to the 18th!
    Any forms posted/edited after this date will be ignored.
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:21 pm

Username: ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Sweet Flowers
Barn Name: Ophelia
Height: 16.2hh
Halter: #F7E7CE w/ silver hardware
Discipline: Combined Driving

Competition:

It was like the world was slowly closing in on her, the blackness clouding her vision and all at once she because more aware of her erratic breathing and the expeditious hammering of the heart within her chest.

Ophelia cannot control herself during these moments, the air around her seemingly condensing and constricting her airways in such a way it feels like drowning and crying all at once. She couldn't even register the pain as her body made contact with the solid and rugged ground. The sting in her knees muddled with the sharpness of the icy earth and the young foal couldn't take any more. She tried to muster a shriek, struggling with every muscle in her body to make a sound, to do something and alert someone before the blackness swallowed her whole.

Two broad arms wrapped around her at that moment, lifting her up off the ground and rushing her into the stables. She could almost feel the pressure of each rushed footfall and hear the muffled exclamations of concern. She couldn't fully tell if they were running, but before she couldn't discern she was placed on warm bedding and wiped down with warm water, strong and deft fingers working the strain out of the young foal's muscles and running themselves through her raggedy mane every now and then. Breathing finally became bearable once more, and her head fell weightlessly into the soft and inviting lap of her favorite stablehand. He didn't say a word, rather he let his presence convey everything left unsaid, the heavy weight of silence lifting and turning to silk as the minutes passed and her breathing became slower...calmer.

Ophelia isn't afraid of the dark, not when it's jokes have run for too long. She can only sense it's shadows as they lurk in the white noise, manifesting themselves in the uproar as they pull her slowly under. She isn't afraid of succumbing.

Not when she knows that those golden hands will pull her to the surface and will her to breathe each and every time.

And she breathes.

Extra: One of my favorite poems:

my palms forget the calm.
the steady rhythm when i press
them to my chest.
my heart beats like rain during a
storm. hurtling towards the ground.
pounding against pavement.
my lungs forget the deepness.
the calm breaths that
fill my chest full.
and my mind —
oh, how it forgets to slow.
always running to escape
the rain. never stopping to
notice the clouds.
how they
glide so peacefully
even in the midst of a storm.
- Shelby Leigh
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:36 pm

LivingLethal wrote:
    Username: LivingLethal
    Show Name: She’s An Outlaw
    Halter: Something neutral! Up to you <3
    Discipline: Ranch riding; mounted search and rescue; occasional therapy horse.

Competition:

Sonata Stable was rapidly devolving into a pot of chaos and insanity.

One could tell there was something odd about as foals and frantic stable hands littered the outskirts of the usually tame property. In the midst of it all, a large trailer sat idle and open for all to enter and exit as they pleased. It was from within that little Winona, one of the many foals to appear at the Stable this fateful morning, sat curiously observing the scene. It appeared no one had spied her presence yet—a situation that she quite fancied, and one she intended to take full advantage of. The filly took this second to disappear from the scene.

Winona trotted aimlessly around the pastures of Sonata Stable, taking in the fresh morning air and the much calmer sounds of the stable tenants. It seemed that this sect of the property was less occupied; naturally, she preferred the sights and sounds that this peaceful area offered. After a few minutes of quiet adventure, Winona found herself at the entrance of a pasture. This place was far from empty—she spied several mares and stallions grouped together within, and even heard the whispers of human speech not far away—but for some reason... it called to her. So, she took the plunge.

With a breath of bravery, the little filly began her formative prance to the group, knowing not who they were or what their intentions might be. Yet, she was unworried; the group gave off an air of comfort, of love, of kindness. It was because of this that when she stopped before them, Winona was confident.

“Why hello there,” a gentle voice spoke out from the crowd, “Are you alright, sweetheart?” The mare stepped forward, bending her head tenderly towards the foal.

In this moment, Winona felt a warmth she’d lost long before. The mare’s loving gaze and soothing stance gave her something she’d been desperately needing—unknowingly, but oh-so desperately. She strode ahead, and to the bewilderment of the mare, Winona simply rested her head on the mare’s side.

During the pandemonium of this morning, Winona found something she’d been longing for: a mother.

[358/300]

Congrats! This is so sweet. <33
Thank you to everyone who entered!

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:27 am

AH

thank u so much tree omg ,,, i did Not expect that 😭 i’m so excited to add her to my stable !!
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me