Based on Click to view
Artist Half Tree [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E034 + #E035

Postby Half Tree » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Welcome to the ERRP February Foal Festival!

A mysterious Stork trailer dropped off a massive crowd of Euphorian
Thoroughbred foals at Sonata Stables... we need you all to help adopt
them and give them good homes! At the February Foal Festival, join
us in an event to raise awareness about these fillies and colts in need!

Eye Color: Blue Bells
Phenotype: Cremello
Genotype: ee aa CrCr
Mane Type: Cropped
Discipline: Retirement
Breeding Info:
- Being a gelding he can never produce any foals.
Edit List: Flipped ears, sleepy eyes

Eye Color: Cookie Brown
Phenotype: Black
Genotype: EE aa
Mane Type: Cropped
Breeding Info:
Edit List: Flipped ears, sleepy eyes

You pause while walking down the aisle when you see the tips of little black ears zip by the edge of a closed stall door. The elderly horse standing in the stall seems non-plussed and continues to doze his head drooped over the door. You move closer wondering if you were seeing things but sure enough, two little black triangles shoot by the door again. Leaning forward to see into the stall you see a small black foal running laps around the gelding standing by the door.
There is a clipboard hung up by the door that explains that these two are available for adoption together. The pale gelding was retired and tends to be quite high strung on his own. He has been having trouble placing into a herd and has only seemed to be happy among the lil foals that came flooding in. Out of that crop, this little black spitfire attached to him the most and the two have become a solid duo. They tried to separate them once but the elder got so distressed they decided to leave them be.

This bonded pair cannot be separated and must be rehomed together!
( If you wish to gift/rehome them after winning they still cannot be separated! )

What about this little foal is so comforting to the old guy? How do they settle into their new home together?
Minimum 150 words, no maximum. No extras.

Code: Select all
[ #34 ]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]

[ #35 ]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]

[b]Competition:[/b]

Ends February [strike]14th 18th.
[/strike]
Last edited by Half Tree on Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E034 + #E035

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:37 pm

[ #34 ]
Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Height:
Halter:

[ #35 ]
Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter:
Discipline:

Competition:

/heart eyes/
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dubai. » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 pm

[ #34 ]
Username: Dubai
Show Name: All That Glitters
Barn Name: Goldie
Height: 16.2 hh
Halter: Black halter w/ silver clasps

[ #35 ]
Username: Dubai
Show Name: Heartbreak
Barn Name: Eli
Height: Estimated 16.3 hh
Halter: Soft red w/ gold clasps
Discipline: Dressage

Competition: Goldie is rather rough when hes not sleeping. He is a retired hunter jumper, but he was never the prim type. When he is not chasing younger horses around in the paddock, he is found sleeping or watching over foals. Goldie never really cares where he is going, as long as he goes with someone. When he was sleeping one day, he met Eli. At first, he pinned his ears and snorted at the foal. Eli had left, but not for good. Later that day he followed Goldie around the paddock and would not leave him. The two had been together since. About a week after they met, a huge storm grew when they were outside. The riders and stable hands were not fast enough bringing them inside. Goldie was under a tree when lightning struck it, forcing him out. He sweat under the rain, narrowly escaping the burning tree. Goldie continued to gallop in fear until he realized the colt was with him, close behind. They stopped and laid together until the riders could bring them inside where they were stabled together. From that day on, Goldie never left Eli. The two have not been separated since and they have only continued to grow closer.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
Dubai - She/her - Anxiety
"coding credit"

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Dubai is a
KWPN gelding
who can jump
grand prix
height. He
has 2 vices.
One is cribb
ing, the othe
r is being
sweet <33
Dubai is my
favorite horse <3

┕━━━━━━━━┙
dubai.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellenistic » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:56 pm

[ #34 ]Username: berzerker.
      Show Name:
      Barn Name:
      Height: 17.3hh
      Halter:
        >> tall bby c:

[ #35 ]
      Username: berzerker.
      Show Name:
      Barn Name:
        >> old man ;w;
      Height: 15.4 hh
      Halter:
      Discipline:

Competition:

dropping out, goodluck loves ♥
Last edited by hellenistic on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellenistic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pipsnseeds » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm

[ #34 ]
Username: d a w n s c a p e
Show Name: On Breaking Dawn She Rides
Barn Name: Darwin
Height: 16 hh
Halter: White, with silver flecks, if that's okay?
Lil' one

[ #35 ]
Username: d a w n s c a p e
Show Name: A Thousand Arcing Arrows
Barn Name: Olive
Height: 17 hh
Halter: Very pale grey, almost white, but not quite
Discipline: Trail, speed isn't his thing

[Perspective of the black]

Colour.
It was everywhere.
But not in her heart.
In her eyes, everything was a consistant, reassuring, grey.
Every.
Single.
Day.
Some bright, sparky, happy little filly foal would skip along, bright, colorful flowers braided through her long, gorgeously colourful mane. The foal would stop, turn her stupidly colourful little face, then swing her irrationally colourful little body around, and turn up her ridiculously colourful nose. Then, if things were going as 'planned', the nasty little filly foal would insult her, and gallop away.
As.
Per.
Usual.
All of those lovely little foals, skipping around on their bright little feet, singing brightly about how no-one would ever be so much as look a her.
Great.
She didn't want them to.
Honestly, they seemed to look at her a lot, down their bright little noses, for a bunch of folk who - quote-un-quote - "Wo-oo-oold never so much as l-oook at her, n-eev-eeer so much as flick their eeeeyeeeees that waaaaaaaaayyyyyy
'Cus everyyyyy-oooooooone wants to have a wondeeerfuuullll daaaaaay! Horaaaaaaayy!!!!

But hey.
Those folk are all just dumb.
Grey is so warm, and good, so they can go stuff themselves.
She loves that wonderful old monotone horsey, who went out of his clomping, slow way to help her.
She remembers the feeling of barbwire ripping her skin, layer by layer.
The feeling of struggling desperately, then blacking out from pain, and seeing the wire coming towards her eyes.
Then waking up, and only seeing grey. Lovely, comforting grey.

She knows that if she saw those new foals then, they might be a thousand different colours.
Sparkling after rolling in the morning dew, their stunning, colourful coats glimmering a rainbow.
But. that. was.
Then.

Still, she loves her guide-horse, how he's taught her a new way of living, one he is familiar with.
Maybe, in some far-off time, colour may come home to her eyes.
But, honestly, she's okay with living the rest of her life with him
Last edited by pipsnseeds on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello!
artist | capricorn | student
constantly busy - apologies if I have
fallen behind on something
call me l'eau or pip
©

on a little hiatus as I get school together <3 wishing everyone well c:
pipsnseeds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HarperTheKiv » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

[ #34 ]
Username:Ghouly_
Show Name: Til the Last man Standing
Barn Name: Buck, gets nicknamed chief.
Height:17.3hh
Halter:black, dark grey hardware

[ #35 ]
Username:Ghouly_
Show Name: that Which Can't Be Tamed
Barn Name: Apache
Height:16.2hh
Halter: Cream
Discipline: Private pet, Paddock Horse

Competition: Buck has gotten on in years now, his eyes light and cloudy blue from blindness which has set in, taking away the geldings vision. This has unfortunately hindered his happiness and overall health. He didn't venture outside his stall unless led by hand and even then his steps were slow and cautious and he was highly stressed and overhwlemed easily.
His life became all the better however, when they decided to pair him off with a young little spitfire of a colt, Apache. Apache had been abandoned by his mother and was hand raised by the people at the stable.
Their introduction had been a bit touch and go, since apache had been quite nervous and the situation could have turned unpleasant, however even just the colts presence seemed to have an effect on Old chief. He stood stock still and quiet, ears flicking his way and that, and he ever so gently pressed his mussle to the quivering foal. The owners had not expected him to show since kindness since he had Been known for his more snappy and aggressive nature, especially to other Stallions, although gelding him did prove to calm him down. Apache was well behaved as well, showing compete trust and respect and was incredibly curious of the much larger but elderly horse. their interaction was quite sweet and left a lasting impression on the two of them, and so it was decided that apache would grow up with buck and be his companion horse, to help him get confident and feel safe now that he could not rely on sight, and that chief would be apaches role model and raise him.

Throughout the time spent bonding together, apache had learned a few ways in which to comfort the older horse.
He would usually always be touching him in some way, either a nussle or leaning against him or stomping his back leg so that he felt the vibration, to picking up on certain body queues giving to him by the other, or vice versa. His favourite little habit, that chief likes, is his peculiar obsession with suckling or teething on chiefs ears. It seems to sooth the older horse, and he is quite tolerant of it. He only really gets outside for excercise now that he's quite old, as his owner does not want to make his health deteriorate, and would prefer to simply let him live out his golden years with a friend.
They can usually be found cuddling together in his enlargened stall, and even as apache grew he would stay right by his side, standing over the old man as he slept,and never outgrew his ear chewing habit,not that chief seems to mind.
When it came to rehoming them, they were thankfully rehomed as a pair, and it was thanks to apache that chief got settled in so quick. He kept him company on the long drive in the trailer and explored the stall whilst chief had reluctantly stayed by the door until pestered and led forward by apaches reassurance. They now have a forever home at golden Dawn Acres where they have all the warm and food they could ever want, and plenty of new stable mates and enrichment toys to keep them entertained. Although chiefs favourite horse and friend will always and forever be his little apache.
Avatar credit goes to St4z on Deviantart. Signature art is by me!
HarperTheKiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby viridxty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 am

[ #34 ]
Username: PaintingPony
Show Name: Sleeping Under The Milky Moon
Barn Name: Sans
Height: 17.4 hh
Halter: Dark Blue Fading To White

[ #35 ]
Username: PaintingPony
Show Name: Watching The Autumn Sky
Barn Name: Chara
Height: Estimated 17.1 hh
Halter: Green And Cream Stripes

Competition:

Chara Ran To The Back Of The Trailer, Her Ears Flicking Left And Right,
The Whites Of Her Eyes Showing.
The Other Foals, Her Friends Had Left Long Ago.
She Had Only Wanted To Explore The Strange Object, How Was She Meant To Know It Would Start Moving!
Eventually, She Lay Down For A Nap, Her Dark Coat Keeping Her Hidden In The Shadows Of The Vehicle.
Until A Cream, Milky Colored Head Poked Into The Trailer.
"Hey, Kid," He Sharply Whinnied, Seeming To Soften As The Filly Woke Up And Backed Away.
"Don't Be Scared. The Name's Sans, Or Sleeping Under The Milky Moon, But That's A Bit Of A Mouthful. Why Don't You Join The Other Foals?"
He Seemed Annoyed, Chara Thought.
He Continued, "I Only Came Here Looking For Peace And Quiet, But I'm Never Going To Get THAT With Foals Jumping Around The Place, Being Unusually Bouncy And WAKING US ALL UP!"
Sans Sighed, Trying To Break The Awkward Silence That Suddenly Seemed To Seep Through The Trailer.
He Suddenly Yawned, And Chara Noticed That He Too, Was Very Tired
"S-s-sans" She Whispered, As He Was About To Leave. "Can You Stay? I'm Afraid Of Having A Nightmare."
Santa's Eyes Lit Up. "Don't You Mean 'NightFILLY'?" He Neighed Slyly.
Despite Herself Chara Let Out A Giggle, Which Soon Erupted Into Her And Sans Shaking With Laughter.
They Told Jokes Until The End Of The Day, When One Of The Stable Hands Found Them Both Fast Asleep.
But The Really Funny Thing Was,

Sans Never Seemed Happy Around Many Other Horses Before
viridxty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mango30 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:04 pm

[ #34 ]
Username: Mango30
Show Name: Glory Days
Barn Name: Willy
Height: 15.3 hh
Halter: Same color as his eyes, please!

[ #35 ]
Username: Mango30
Show Name: Down The Rabbit Hole
Barn Name: Wonka
Height: Estimated to be 15.2 hh
Halter: Light purple, please!
Discipline: Cross Country

Competition:

Willy was not used to being alone. Ever since he was a small colt, he was surrounded by people and by horses. He was a wonderful racer in his glory days, loving the close proximity of the racers and constantly enjoyed the hustle of every day life. But as he became older and he raced less and less until he could no longer keep up with the newest racehorses, everything seemed to . . drift away. His old racing buddies found other homes elsewhere. Not many of the new racers or any other horse for that matter took interest to him. He was old and lonely. In this process, he became distant; he was unable to truly fit into a herd, especially ones with more territorial horses.

However, it changed when he came to Sonata Stables. It was a change of pace, a change that Willy welcomed hesitantly at first. Little foals ran amuck around the place. It was really quite hectic and much like the bustle of the old days, but it never felt like home.

Willy was out in a pasture. Some of the humans managed to get some boisterous foals out in the pasture as well; some bothered him while others ignored him. However, there was this one colt that just wouldn't leave him alone. He romped around him and constantly asked questions. Not that Willy ever minded answering them. Besides, the spunky little foal reminded him a lot of himself. . .

"What's your name?"
"Willy."
"How old are you?"
"Much older than you, for sure."
"Why are you alone?"

Willy wasn't sure what to say. He paused in thought before he answered.
"I'm an old horse now, I'm not interesting to other horses."
The colt looked a little confused at his answer.
"You look interesting to me!"
That made Willy laugh. He enjoyed this little colt's presence.
"What's your name, young one?"
"Wonka!"
"Wonka. How would you like sticking with me for a while?"
The answer that was given was an answer that truly made both horses happy. From the moment Wonka made himself known to Willy, they became inseparable. Old horses do still need friends too.
Hello! I'm Mango30, but I'm usually just called Mango, Puff or River. Really any of those are fine with me! I am a girl and would prefer the pronouns she/her. I ride horses, English style, and I love drawing and anything with horses! I'm completely obsessed horse adopts on here, so please feel free to tell me about any! I watch anime, Transformers Prime, RiD and a little TFA. The animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Ouran High Host Club, Soul Eater, Fate Apocrypha, and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm getting into Supernatural, Merlin, and some other shows like The Dragon Prince. This is just some basic information about me, so PM me if you ever want to talk! I'm free pretty much all the time! I don't bite!

Note: I tend to get a little awkward or anxious, which leads me to ask lots of questions. I'm sorry about that, I just tend to doubt myself sometimes!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mango30

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:19 am

[ #34 ]
Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Some Things Never Change
Barn Name: Avernus
Height: 16.3hh
Halter: Black

[ #35 ]
Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Holding On Tight
Barn Name: Ventus
Height: 17.2hh
Halter: Silver

Competition:
Ventus is a whirlwind of force that distracts Avernus from dwelling on his many memories, of what he could have done in certain situations. Having Ventus around means Avernus can be content in just living his life and watching over the small firecracker that is his little dark coated charge. Ventus likes of course to pester the gelding in that way that foals often do to older horses, though Avernus doesn't seem to mind. In fact the old gelding seems to enjoy being clambered over and butted at, odd as it might be to be some. Despite his crazed antics, Ventus is incredibly fond of Avernus. He looks up to the old gelding in more ways than one.

The pair had done well with the journey, both males emerging unharmed from the trailer fairly close behind one another. Their stall had already been set up, nice and large with fresh bedding, food and water awaiting their arrival. Ventus spent some time investigating while Avernus merely stood and watched. The old gelding seeming quite amused by the colt's antics. Avernus found himself enjoying the new home, happily enjoying being spoiled by his new owner who found out that the gelding wasn't quite so easy going when Ventus was taken out of the stall to start training. It was quite a shock to see the old cremello go from quiet and almost sleepy to sudden action. His calls for Ventus ringing out through the barn causing Ventus to halt and refuse to move.

Eventually it was decided that Ventus would be trained in the indoor arena so Avernus could be taken to watch the dark male while remaining nice and warm. That mostly solved the problem of the gelding's high strung antics. Of course there was still the occasional outbreak every so often when Ventus had to go out alone.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exotica. » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:10 pm

[ #34 ]
Username: Exotica.
Show Name: Talk of the Town
Barn Name: Jonas
Height: 16.2 hh
Halter: Brown leather

[ #35 ]
Username: Exotica.
Show Name: Space Race
Barn Name: Sputnik "Spud"
Height: 17.2 hh
Halter: Brown Leather
Discipline: Eventing

Competition:
    Ever since he was a young colt, Jonas has been incredibly laid back. In his younger days, he was an exceptional eventing horse, which seemed to be the only thing that would really excite him and break him away from his normal laid back nature. None of the other horses shared his pleasure when eventing, so he never had much interest in them and kept to himself.

As he got older, he began to spite those that had no interest in eventing, feeling almost disheartened that he could no longer compete, and they didn't want to. He lost a lot of hope for the new generations of colts and fillies prancing around the stable. But one day, he came across Spud out in the field, clumsily jumping over a downed tree in the field. Spud was barely 4 months old at the time and his mother still kept a close eye on him. Just looking at him, Jonas saw the same passion he once had and felt a strong connection to the young colt. Though, with how protective Spud's mother was, Jonas wouldn't be able to interact with him until he was closer to 6 months.

Once Spud reached 6 months, he began coming out into the pasture without his mother - which barely phased him, he was much more interested in creating his own cross country course. Jonas watched him as he flailed around the pasture, over jumping the smallest tree branches. After a while of watching Spud make a fool of himself, Jonas approached him and began running Spud's course along side him. Instantly, the two grew closer, and that strong connection Jonas felt months prior became even stronger. The two became inseparable in the pasture, jumping logs, doing a few simple dressage moves here and there, and training. Jonas became Spud's full time trainer.

When Spud was 8 months old, his mother got sick and ended up passing away. He was absolutely heartbroken and called out for her every night. Every time he called out for her, Jonas stuck his head into the aisle and called to him, hoping to calm him down. Jonas's call rarely calmed Spud, which led to many sleepless nights for Spud, pacing around his stall and kicking at the walls.

Eventually, the stable owner looked for a surrogate mare for the colt, mostly for the emotional support they hoped a mare could provide. Spud didn't work out with any of the current mares at the barn, and the owner even looked elsewhere to try and find a surrogate they could buy and bring in. Spud rejected every single mare he met, and in return they gave up on him. It wasn't until the owner let him back out into the pasture with Jonas that they saw the connection they were looking for. They finally found the perfect surrogate to support Spud.

A few months passed and Jonas and Spud became closer than ever. But, the time came for Spud to be sold to another stable where he could be raised and trained to his full potential - his prior stable really only took in older, retired horses so they didn't have adequate space to train an energetic foal.

I came to Spud's auction and immediately fell in love with the spunky little colt. He had such a personality, and A LOT of energy. Throughout the entire auction, I could see an old gelding watching him from the pasture, never pausing to look away. I was very curious about him, but inevitably forgot about the mysterious gelding when the bids started coming. After a good 45 minutes, the bidding war ended, and I finally got to call the little foal mine. After I paid, I threw on the halter I brought with me in case and began loading him into the trailer. The mysterious gelding I had forgotten about earlier went into a frenzy, calling out to the colt, running back and forth across the field, bucking, just freaking out. I stopped loading Spud into the trailer and brought him over to the pasture the gelding was in, planning on just allowing them to say goodbye. As we got to the fence, the gelding snatched the lead rope out of my hand and refused to let me have it. I realized this gelding was not going to let me take this colt away.

I tied Spud to the fence and went to find the woman I purchased him from, hoping to learn more about the gelding in the pasture. She explained to me the history of the two and I began to tear up a little bit. I asked her if there was any possibility of bringing the stallion back to my stable as well. The woman seemed delighted to hear someone was interested in good ole Jonas. She happily obliged and gave me him for a really nice price. She helped me to get his halter and lead rope on and we brought the him and Spud back to the trailer. Now, Spud got into the trailer without any disruptions from Jonas - who happily trotted into the trailer after Spud. The two of them happily started to eat the hay I had set up in the trailer and we set off for home.

The two adjusted really well, and we started training Spud in eventing right away. It seemed he had had some kind of eventing training already! He did really well! Of course, the whole time he trained, Jonas was either standing in the pasture at the fence, or even occasionally in the arena with us, running the course with Spud. Jonas accompanies Spud everywhere. Anytime we go to a show, Jonas has to come along. Anytime the farrier or vet visits, Jonas has to be near Spud for support. He found comfort in how similar the colt was to him around his age, and he wanted to watch the little one achieve everything he possibly could. He wanted to make sure he never gave up on his passions like he was once forced to.

[1,012/150]
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Exotica. | She/Her | Henlo :3
Not on too often anymore
My ADHD will bring me back
Feel free to PM me anytime!
ERRP KF RT BRT Toyhouse

🌿🌿🌿
Exotica.

My pets