Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Official Page of SPOOKS - Marking Is Open by gardog

Based on Click to view
Artist gardog [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by gardog

by gardog

by gardog

The Official Page of SPOOKS - Marking Is Open

Postby gardog » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:24 am

banner made by me

Summoners Search: OPEN/CLOSED
Custom Summons: OPEN/CLOSED
Main Summoning Area: OPEN/CLOSED
There Are No Current Events

SPOOKS are interdimensional, ghost-like companions that attach themselves to your body if they like you. They are seemingly ageless and genderless. They can be any shape, size, color, and personality. You do not want to make them upset. Ever. They cannot be used for any sort of profit in any way. If they are used for any sort of profit, they will eternally curse you and you will be put on their "ethereal watch list" (note: I don't actually know how they keep track of people they don't like) and no other SPOOKS will attach to you in the future. The SPOOKS that are already attached to you may choose to stay, though, it depends upon how long they've been with you.
Last edited by gardog on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Types of SPOOKS (that we know of so far)

Postby gardog » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 am

S͎t͎a͎n͎d͎a͎r͎d͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Standard SPOOKS are the most common types of SPOOKS. They can be any size, shape, and personality, but they are always white in color.

Example Standard SPOOKS:
ImageImageImage
All of the ones here that are totally white

C͎o͎l͎o͎r͎e͎d͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Colored SPOOKS are less common but very colorful. They can be any size, shape, and personality. They are typically realistically colored animals and/or objects.

Example Colored SPOOKS:
ImageImageImage

D͎a͎r͎k͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Dark SPOOKS are very uncommon and are quite scary. They mostly stare at you in the creepiest way, though they would never harm you if they can help it. They are always black or very dark grey and they always have red eyes (unless they are a special dark SPOOK). They can be any shape and size. They are always creepy and they always speak in a glitchy-sounding (looking) voice. They prefer to be in darkness rather than light.

Example Dark SPOOKS:
ImageImageImage

A͎s͎h͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Ash SPOOKS are very common SPOOKS that live and travel in fire, though they can leave their fiery homes without getting hurt. They are most commonly very small in size, about the size of an adult human hand, but they can be bigger. They are always grey in color and, very rarely, you can find a pair of ash SPOOKS together. These can either be breeding/mating pairs or identical twins. They can be any personality, but they are generally very sweet and caring SPOOKS.

Example Ash SPOOKS:
ImageImageImage

C͎o͎a͎l͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Coal SPOOKS look like broken-up pieces of coal floating in a spherical shape in the center of a flame-like, glowy "skin". Their "flames" cannot be put out and allows them to leave their fiery homes. Without their flames, they would perish. Their flames can be a rainbow of colors and the flame color indicates the flames that they were born in. Coal SPOOKS are rare and it's even more rare to come across two coal SPOOKS born from the same flame. They are all small in size, about the same size as an ash SPOOK when you don't include the size of their flames. They can be any personality.

Example Coal SPOOKS:
ImageImageImage

M͎u͎s͎i͎c͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Music SPOOKS usually take the form of musical notes. They do not have faces, but can still be any personality. They are usually smaller in size, maybe about 3/4 of the size of an adult human head, though they can be slightly bigger or much smaller. In comparison to Chicken Smoothie, the rarity of music SPOOKS would be very rare. Music SPOOKS usually communicate through song and they glow in joy when you guess what they are trying to tell you correctly. They are usually black in color and can be any musical shape.

Example Music SPOOKS:
ImageImage

H͎i͎d͎d͎e͎n͎ S͎P͎O͎O͎K͎S͎

Hidden SPOOKS are SPOOKS that refuse to show themselves until a certain amount of time passes or a certain event takes place. In comparison to Chicken Smoothie, the rarity of a hidden SPOOK would be OMGsorare. They are normally very large in size and are usually in the form of mythical or made-up creatures. They are a sight to behold and, should one be attached to you, you should feel very honored. They can be any color and personality.

Example Hidden SPOOK:
Last edited by gardog on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:52 am, edited 7 times in total.

Aries | March 27

Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Discovered Lore/Rarity System

Postby gardog » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 am

【Lore】

For many, many centuries, this SPOOK has been used by astronomers and astronauts all over the world as a way to discover outer galaxies and planets within those galaxies.

If you've ever heard of SCPs, this SPOOK would certainly fool you as one, but, actually, apparently, although SPOOKS may seem alive, they are not. SCPs usually turn out to be either alive beings or sentient objects born with the apparent ability to think and/or create. In other words, beings that break the laws of physics and the very building blocks of existence. SPOOKS, on the other hand, were, apparently, never alive... nor were they dead.

Are they dead now? Are they ghosts? Well, I would say not. Usually you wouldn't be able to touch a ghost; your hand would just go right through... it seems that SPOOKS do go through you when they try to touch you... but when you try to touch them, it's like they become solid creatures... which is why SPOOKS were classified in their own species category. They look and act like ghosts of both living beings and objects and they can become transparent and "attach" to you; yet you can touch them as if they are really there. You can give them huggles.

So, why is this being explained now? Why wait until this particular SPOOK to explain this? Simple. This is the very SPOOK that helped us to discover this fact about them. This is the SPOOK that helped us discover what they are... which we still aren't really that sure of.

So, what is it doing in my closet, you may be asking? Who knows... I mean, it can go anywhere it wants... its quirk seems to be that it can inter-dimensionally, and outer-dimensionally, travel. Meaning, it could go literally anywhere... perhaps this also means that there is more than one of these SPOOKS across all existence? But who really knows?

All I know is that the very existence of this particular SPOOK gives me an existential crisis.

【Rarity System】

♢ Standard SPOOKS ↬ OMGsocommon

♢ Ash SPOOKS ↬ Very Common

♢ Colored SPOOKS ↬ Common

♢ Dark SPOOKS ↬ Uncommon

♢ Coal SPOOKS ↬ Rare

♢ Music SPOOKS ↬ Very Rare

♢ Hidden SPOOKS ↬ OMGsorare
Last edited by gardog on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aries | March 27

Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules of Summoning/The Curse

Postby gardog » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 am

【Summoning】

♢ Always be respectful towards both the summoning environment and the SPOOKS that drop by

♢ Always provide a little snippet of what the person they have the choice of attaching to is like; this can be their picture or something they have said before

♢ If more than one SPOOK appears, you may have to help them make a decision by giving them more information on the person; unless, of course, the SPOOKS are twin siblings or a breeding/mating pair

♢ Do NOT attempt to summon a music or hidden SPOOK; if you happen to summon a breeding pair/a pair of twins, however, then you can adopt those out, but don't deliberately try to summon them

♢ Once a SPOOK is selected, you must deliver them safely and carefully to the one they are going to attach to and it must never be for profit

♢ Should the person the SPOOK is attached to no longer want their SPOOK for whatever reason, the SPOOK can either be passed along to someone else with the knowledge that they should never be used for profit or be brought back to the summoner to be re-homed

♢ Summoners must summon at least three (3) SPOOKS per month and adopt them out

S̴̫͙̘̈́͋h̸̘̘͗͂̇̅̓͂o̶͖͓̖̐͛̇͜u̴̜̘̰̾̌͌̆͑̆̅l̵̥̰̠̽̋̈́̕͝ͅd̷̤̖̅͊́͂̊̏͘ ̴̡̞͎̝̱͈̦̐̉͑͘a̶̯̮̝͚̤͑̾͒͗͑̋̀ͅ ̶̟͔͕̘̐́̄̐̚S̵͔̻̩͑̃̀͒̓̈́͝ͅP̸̨͈͖̱̦̣͉͆͑̕͜Ǫ̶͎͎̟͖̤̹̲̏̀͗̃̾̚͝͠Ơ̸̢̟̰̯̋͆K̸̘͖͓̘̗̅̃̓͐̑͒̄ ̴͕͕̻̦̜̮͗͗͋̀͋͌̃̃͜B̵̦̆̓̔͠ȩ̴̡̧͍̪͔͍̇̎̂̚ ̸̡̘̟̱̳̦̰̿́̓Ṷ̵̬͖̹̍̒͜͜s̸͖̖̺̫̱͋͒e̸̛̤̳̤̻̻͊̈́͌͌̀̒͋d̴̖̦͍̍ ̶̛̛̰͚͚̣̭̫͐̈́̀̿f̷̢͚̩̄́̓̏͛̍o̷̰̤̩̘͇̗̮̍͑̽͋̓̀ŕ̴̩͗̔ ̷̧͇̯͒͂̒̇̽͜P̴̨̫͎̗̦̗̉͊̒̋̚͠r̷̯̬͗̈́͆o̷̦̟̜̗̰̙̮̿̍̇̊̾̃̉͝f̶̫̎͛̄̓̍̀̚ḭ̸̡̱̪͇̋̐̆͜͜t̷̛͉͌͛̓̓́̚͠

The curse shall be upon you immediately, no warnings. You will be put on permanent watch and you will not be allowed to have another SPOOK attached to you.

If you received any new SPOOKS two weeks or less before receiving the curse, you will be forced to return those SPOOKS to their summoner, even if it means losing all of your acquired SPOOKS. All SPOOKS received before then may choose to stay with you.

If a SPOOK is successfully sold, the seller must immediately give a full refund to the person who bought the SPOOK. The SPOOK may then choose to stay with the one who bought them, depending on the circumstances.

Those who have been cursed with be listed below:

T̴͓̱̿̃͌h̵̨̙̝̆̏͜ë̴͎̙͙̜̰̥̭͊̕ ̸͔̭̯̱̣͖̓̃͘͝C̶̢̛̣͎̞̦̊̈́ͅṷ̵͗̈͐̐̀̀̏ŕ̶̪̙̙͍̣̣ş̵̢̲̃͆̍ḙ̴̬̽͗̂d̵͚̜̰̬͍͐̎͜͠

No one so far...
Last edited by gardog on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aries | March 27

Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Custom Summons

Postby gardog » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 am

【Custom Summons】

You can order a custom summoning through the [url]custom summoning page[/url] if you are looking for a particular SPOOK. However, there are a few rules associated with this:

♢ You may only summon one (1) SPOOK per two weeks; however, you may participate in events no matter how much time has passed.

♢ There are no guarantees that you will get exactly what you are looking for. All SPOOKS are unique in their own way; so do not complain if you don't get everything you asked for.

♢ You may only ask to get standard, colored, and ash SPOOKS directly. Dark, coal, and breeding/mating SPOOKS must be rolled for. You CANNOT ask for hidden or music SPOOKS; hidden and music SPOOKS are specially summoned SPOOKS that require a certain event to take place before they can appear.

♢ Please respect a summoners rules for summoning; if their summoning area is closed, please do not order from them.

♢ If a rule is broken and a SPOOK is involved in the rule break, the SPOOK may be taken away and re-homed.

【Custom Summoner Rules】

♢ First of all, if you are unsure about something, please tell me; I really want to make sure that everything runs smoothly

♢ You must try to summon a unique SPOOK each time

♢ If rolling for a rarer SPOOK, make sure that the more common types of SPOOKS are more prominently present in the roll. Breeding/mating SPOOKS should only take up one line in the roll. Coal SPOOKS can take up to five (depending on list size) and dark SPOOKS may take up to eight (again, depending on list size). Of course, this also depends upon the roller that you are using.
    Here's the random roller that I use: Random Name Picker

♢ Try not to ignore any summons, even if it breaks the rules. If it breaks the rules, kindly let them know what they have done and how they can fix it (ONLY THE RESPECTIVE SUMMONER MAY DO THIS). If you are unsure of what to do, inform me

♢ All custom summoners can order a custom from someone else or summon one for themselves once a week. However, either way, you must follow the same rules as everyone else

♢ All customs must be free; even summoners can be cursed

♢ Again, if you have questions or feel as if I should include something, tell me
Last edited by gardog on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aries | March 27

Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

More Info / Staff / News

Postby gardog » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:46 am

It is your choice whether you want to store your SPOOKS somewhere or not. There are currently no archives, but that may change in the future.

If you'd like, you can share the love of SPOOKS through this picture:

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4261629][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=3537583&size=large&format=auto&rev=1581200761[/img][/url]

If you would like the picture as an avatar, you can go here!

【Staff】

Owner:
gardog

Official Summoners:

General Staff/Moderators:

【News】

You may have noticed the distinct lack of SPOOKS. Believe me, I've been trying to figure it out myself. I believe they may be responding to the virus by just not showing up at all. Either this, or they're just not active at this time of year. They may be more active during the fall and winter times, who knows?

Either way, they're just not showing up when I try to summon them... I also just redid my room (as in: taking out carpet, moving almost everything out of my room, putting down hardwood, etc.), so that could be what's detering them? I don't know.

I apologize for not putting any SPOOKS up for adoption, but, if they don't come, I don't have anything to put up, ya know?

So, that's what is happening. Just a small update. I'll reopen the main summoning area if they start showing up again.

That being said, I'll keep the summoning search open, because it fall and winter somewhere in the world, so maybe someone else will have better luck? We'll see.
Last edited by gardog on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Aries | March 27

Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Staff/Moderator Forms

Postby gardog » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 am

Are you interested in becoming a general staff member/moderator for SPOOKS?
If so, I could really use the help as I've never done something like this before!

To apply for a moderator position, please fill out the form below! A moderator would have the job of keeping a watchlist of people who may not be following the rules, checking summons to see if there are any rule breaks, updating followers about current events, and, of course, making sure that everything here is running smoothly. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Please post this form in the comments! Do not PM it to me, please:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Any past experience? (description, link(s) or N/A):[/b]
[b]Why you would like the position:[/b]
[b]Times/days of availability:[/b]
Last edited by gardog on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aries | March 27

Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items