(★) back in the atmosphere

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

(★) back in the atmosphere

Postby skywishes01 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:15 am

❝ And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there? ❞

skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(☀) acts like summer

Postby skywishes01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 am

Another one?

It looks different.

Quick, go get her! She must know something.

A child is sent running, their progress marked by rustling stalks as they dash through the fields. Quite a crowd is beginning to gather; more to stare at the contraption sitting amongst the golden corn than anything else. Then, suddenly - a hiss - a panel on the ship falls forward into a ramp. Thunk! The crowd scatters. Those who had the sense to arm themselves - pitchforks, kitchen knives, pots and pans - stand bravely at the front.

Who's there?

Show yourself!

A cloaked figure appears in the doorway, so silently that the villagers are startled again. The ship's interior is too dark to make out any facial features, except for a pair of gleaming eyes.

Who are you?

What do you want?

More silence.

There's a commotion at the back of the crowd now, and curious eyes turn from the ship to see the returning child, dragging a girl behind them. Once the people realise who it is, she is quickly brought through the ever-growing mass of people, until she is standing right at the front. She looks up, and locks eyes with the stranger. A soft gasp is heard - and the figure steps forward into the dying sunlight.

Tension ripples across the crowd as the hooded stranger draws closer, weapons ready, eyes wary. But the girl does not move, struck still with a strange, fleeting sense of familiarity.

The figure pauses in front of her, then fluidly drops down on to one knee, pushing back their hood.

Princess Rhea, he says.

I knew you were alive.
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(🌧) walks like rain

Postby skywishes01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:08 am

So you remember nothing?

He watches the girl, who is currently seated in a swing chair, legs kicking lazily. They are on the porch of her house – the house of the humans who took her in. She’d motioned for him to sit beside her, but he preferred to stand. She was royalty, after all.

Nope.

He hadn’t expected this. He’d refused to believe she was dead, yes; the rescue party found the crashed ship, and the bodies of her entourage – but the escape pod had been missing, and so had she. So, he’d been sent, a solo mission. A knight never breaks their oath, after all.

But of all the worst-case scenarios he’d considered, this one was by far the worst.

Princess Rhea, I-

Calliope, she interrupts. Call me Calliope. That is what they call me here.

He nods, stiffly. Princess Cal-

No, she says, no. What is the use of calling me a princess when I have no knowledge of being one?

But you are one, he replies.

She hears the anguish in his voice, looks up at him with a galaxy of compassion in her eyes.

I am not one anymore, Sir Cepheus.

He stares at her for a few more heartbeats, capturing that look on her face, one he’d seen thousands of times before, but never directed at him. His eyes search hers, desperately – but all he finds is pity. He drops his gaze, turns away.

I am sorry. You probably do not believe the things I am telling you.

I do, says a soft voice behind him.

Why?

She cannot answer that.
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(✿) listens like spring

Postby skywishes01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:10 am

Were we in love?

What?

I am just trying to figure out why they sent you to find me.

Oh.
    A soft chuckle.

What is so funny?

You are still as direct as always. No, our relationship was never romantic. The King and Queen were advised that searching for you would only give the kingdom false hope; so, any expeditions were to be kept secret, even from the military themselves. Hence, only I am here.

You are close with the royal family?

Yes.

Were you close with me?

Please. I want to remember.

Silence. Then, suddenly;

We were... like siblings. When I moved to the capital, I knew no one, and no one cared for me, beyond my apprenticeship. Or so I thought, until you showed up at my quarters one night, where I usually ate dinner alone. You offered me a piece of cake; I initially declined. "Don't be silly," you said. "Father doesn't need any more sweets, so you might as well have this."

You wouldn't take no for an answer.

When I found out you were the princess, I tried apologising for my boldness. You only laughed, and said, "That's what friends do. And we are going to be good friends, I'm sure of it."

Needless to say, you were right. We may not be connected by blood, but you were - you are family. And I would never have forgiven myself if I gave up on you.
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(🌤) talks like june

Postby skywishes01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:12 am

She is happy. It is obvious, from her permanent smile, her light step, her lively tone as she greets those she passes. Before, in a previous life, she’d confessed that she sometimes felt trapped in the palace. Her fate was sealed, her path was chosen. And now, she is free.

Maybe he is, too.

She’d asked him if he thought she should go back. Before, he would not have hesitated to say yes. He was her knight; responsibility was his duty.

But now he was simply her friend, her brother. Now, he could see that perhaps his hand did not help her, but only further constrained her. Now, he owed her the truth.

You are happier, here. The kingdom will mourn you, but it will survive without you.

But my family?

Calliope, they will miss you just as I did.

I… I don’t know what to do.

That is okay. Do not rush.

What about you?

I will wait.

Cepheus, I cannot make you –

I want to wait.

She doesn’t push further, having already re-learned his stubbornness. He allows himself a small smile.

Perhaps he, too, could use a new beginning.
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★) credits

Postby skywishes01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:19 am

word count;
    story - 972