Based on Click to view
Artist Knickknacks [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Boglin Readopt! [winner]

Postby Knickknacks » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi there!

I won this kid a while back, and though I do love them (me, an absolute Sucker for raspberry: hhh),
I haven’t been terribly active in the boglin community and feel that he’d be better off finding a home w.
someone else. So! I’m putting him up for readopt!

This’ll be kind of an open prompt adopt- you will have up to1000 words to tell me whatever you want
about him! Whether that’s in story form, or separate blurbs, or however you want to go about it. I’ll also
give you two extras: whether that’s in the form of art, or moodboards, or a playlist. If you want to do writing for your extras as well, each extra may be up to 250 words more. I want to see development! Tell me about the character you envision for them!

Have fun with this! I’m excited to see what you guys come up with!
I’ll let this comp run for about three weeks to start- so the end date will be march 1, at 11:59pm est.

!reminders and notes!
1. Please mind your limits! If you exceed them or post/edit past the end date I will
disqualify you, and I really don’t want to have to do that. ):
That said, I will be judging on quality over quantity- so don’t by any means
feel like you *have* to meet all the limits! Do whatever you have time for\need
to do to get your concept across!

2. If you’d like an extension, just ask! I’m open to giving y’all more time if you need it ^^

3. Regarding extras: remember, you have two. Each one can be one of the following:
a) an art piece (no comics! simple bouncing animations are allowed if you wish)
b) a moodboard or other aesthetic of some sort.
c) a playlist, not exceeding 7 songs in length.
d) more writing, up to 250 words.

4. Off-thread forms are allowed, so long as they are clearly linked.
Please no offsite forms, however! Prettying up is also allowed, though
I won’t be counting it in the judging.

5. Pm me or message me on Discord if you have any other questions!
I don’t bite, and will be happy to help you out if you’re confused abt.
anything <3 My discord name is [Knickknacks#8143]

6. Be courteous to others, and have fun with this! Best of luck to you all!

Code: Select all
[b]username::[/b]
[b]boglin name::[/b]
[b]gender::[/b]
[b]main prompt::[/b] (1000 words maximum!)
[b]extras::[/b] (optional! you have up to 2!)
Last edited by Knickknacks on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boglin Readopt!

Postby jointedwishes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:19 pm

username:: happy59188
boglin name:: Raspberry Slush (nicknames ; raspberry, slush, berry, razz)
main prompt:: (1000 words maximum!)
extras:: (optional! you have up to 2!)

WIP!!
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprinkleshake » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm

username::
boglin name::

res

i’m never coming back here
maybe someday to sell my pets
but otherwise im Gone byebye
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cred

sprinkleshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 am

up :>
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spookypuff » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 am

username:: olympia.
boglin name:: Jazz

marky marky!
───────✘✘✘
Spooky | She/They
I like rhythm games!

link - link - song──--
spookypuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaotic creativity » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:24 am

username:: sharpiesandhamilton
    boglin name:: cornelia
    main prompt:: cornelia knelt by the bed as her mother rested her large white paw on her head. "cornelia, listen to me. i won't be able to be here for you anymore, so i need you to find your sisters," the mother croaked, her voice dry and scratchy from illness. cornelia perked up, her ears stiffening and her eyes widening in fear.
    "but, mama, i don't have any sisters?" she asked, but the mother shook her head.
    "i had twins many years before i had you. their names are kamrynne and harpy, but i don't know where they live anymore. i want you to find them my dear, and take these letters to them. cornelia, you have to promise me that you won't open these letters," the mother cupped her daughter's face gently as a cough made her double over in pain. "whatever you do, don't open them," she whispered as she drifted off to sleep. cornelia knew that her sick mother needed the rest, so she picked the two envelopes up and placed them into her backpack. sniffling as she looked at her mother's sleeping form, cornelia left the room and walked to the main door. she cracked open the door and sighed as brilliant sunshine poured in on her. she blinked rapidly as her eyes adjusted as she stepped out into the world.
    why was the world so happy when her mother was sick? cornelia cursed the ground as she began walking towards the library, eager to get done with the mission and return to her mother's side. she entered the quiet building and sat down at the computer, quickly typing in kamrynne's name only to find one with the same last name as her. she clicked on the boglin's profile picture and frowned. she could see the similarities in the purple-ish color of the horns and claws, but not many other similarities were there. cornelia guessed their stripes were similar enough, but she really couldn't tell. sighing, cornelia wrote down her supposed sister's address and left the library in a hurry.
    as she pushed the sticky note into her backpack, the two envelopes fell out. cornelia picked them up, but paused as she moved to place them back in her bag. what could her mother possibly have to say to these two sisters cornelia didn't even know about that cornelia herself could not see? growling with the effort not to snoop, cornelia shoved the envelopes into her bag and grimaced as she heard the paper crinkle. they'd just have to deal with bent letters. cornelia set off across town, smiling to familiar faces sadly as she passed. news of her mother's illness had spread fast, and she could see the pity in the eyes of every boglin she passed. she sniffed angrily, eyes narrowing. she didn't want their pity.
    cornelia slowly stepped up to the door, growling as she thought about everything her mom had told her. these two boglins would be several years older than her, but they were also her sisters. angry, she quickly reached into her bag and ripped the envelopes out. she shredded the envelopes, hungry to see her mother's handwriting. her eyes devoured the words, tears falling as she realized she might never see her mother again if she didn't make it home in time. maybe she was already gone, and had passed peacefully in her sleep. the words expressed sorrow over the fact that her mother had given kamrynne and harpy up as kits, unable to provide for a family at that young of an age.
    cornelia's pain and anger ebbed away as she realized why her mother had never mentioned her previous daughters. she had left them at an orphanage when they were merely hours old because she had been young and foolish and didn't know how to raise two children. cornelia let out a sob, barely able to breathe as the door slid open. kamrynne and harpy stood over cornelia, and the younger sister pushed the shredded envelopes and creased letters towards them. kamrynne picked hers up and immediately started reading, but harpy was more wary and instead turned her head towards cornelia's shivering form. "they're from our mother. she's passed, and this is our sister. you might want to read yours," kamrynne whispered before softening her gaze and looking at cornelia. "stand up, love. mother is gone. at least you got to spend time with her. why don't you come in and have a nice hot cup of tea and tell us about her? i bet blitzen, esmerelda, brahma, orpington, bantam, and cassiopeia will love you," kamrynne chirped, oddly cheery in such a sad moment. harpy rolled her eyes and helped cornelia to her paws.
    "we truly have a zoo around here. what's one more?" she laughed, stepping aside and letting cornelia walk inside.

(804 words. complete.)
Last edited by chaotic creativity on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
chaotic creativity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pegasusflight » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Username: Pegasusflight
Boglin Name: Raz
Extras: I am not sure yet! I will figure it out :P I might not do any though depending if I have time!

The calm winds flowed across the open land. The sun slowly rising on the plains. Morning leisurely came upon the world, gracing us with her presence. Tia sat behind the large berry bushes cover. Moaning in agony, she silently asked herself "Was god punishing her? What was this awful pain?" Her stomach was bulging out like she had swallowed a boulder. The clueless creature cursed under her breath. Tia suddenly felt a knife-like jab in her abdominal area. She howled at the sky, holding back tears. She realized predators could be out and shut her muzzle quickly. She was a tuff boglin, with her best weapons being her horns. This hurt so bad. Her only thoughts were "Why me?" as the pain increased to an almost unbearable point as she flopped onto her left side. But then it slowly started to cease. Her heart slowed down. She felt something slide out of her, and the truth struck her. She just had a child. Then her body went completely limp, and blackness overcame her sight and took over her mind.

The just-born kit, wet and slimy, plopped to the ground in utter surprise. What the heck just happened? Where did its warm womb go? She popped up almost immediately after birth. She attempted to walk, wobbled a few steps, and took a nosedive towards the ground. She let out an angry grunt noise. The day was cool, with a nice comfortable temperature. The grass tickled her ankles. She sat down calmly, without a care in the world. Then the kit turned around sharply and saw something that she would never forget in her lifetime. Her mother was lying completely still in a pool of blood. The blood glinted, almost beautifully, in the sunlight. The kit padded up to it and licked it anxiously. The young kit did not realize it was her mother's blood and flesh. Even without knowing words, she knew it tasted good. It tasted oh so very fresh, and salty. She continued to quickly lap up this sticky substance. After that, she licked her lips, and the young boglin was ready to find a way to thrive.

The kit made a safe home in a small blackberry bush. Being young and motherless, the kit didn't know how to hunt. She would wander around in the empty fields, looking for anything available. She found some wild berries she would eat when her stomach started to rumble. She had no source of clean water. She would have ceased to exist if her mother did not bleed out. Her blood may have saved her. She drank it every day for a year, clueless of the truth. The blood held vital nutrients the young kit needed to survive. But after a long while, her blood began to dry up and gather dirt. The kit no longer had a viable source of food. She had to travel and fast before she died of starvation. She started to slowly grow older. She traveled in one straight direction for what felt like hours to her before she found anything. She went past forest after forest. Trees swayed around her, making her feel closed in and heightening her anxiety. She smelled a pungent horrible scent after some time. She followed it for a couple of miles. Then she saw it. Huge towering buildings, way over her head. That was not what interested her though. She smelled meat and fresh meat. She waddled up to the trash bin and slammed into it with her weight. Nothing happened. Then she leaned back and ran full into it. That sent the leftovers flying everywhere out of their home. She rushed to gobble them up. Ew. They tasted like other animal's saliva. She was so hungry, she ate it anyway.

The kit had a sound sleep, in a garbage bin in the alleyway. Oh, did I mention her colors? She has beautiful white and cherry pink fur. Her eyes are purple and kind. She has lighter purple stripe-like markings on her back, but she didn't always. I will get into that later. Plus her horns are sharp as knives and as dangerous too when she is angry. Over time she learned to adapt and use her horns to hunt prey. The garbage bin became her new address. She quickly learned to forget about her berry bush. She had a pretty normal life from there on and grew into a large, magnificent beast. But in her teenage years, she made a terrible mistake. She was hunting per usual and jumped into her garbage bin home without giving it even a glance first. She landed on a sharp, cut up, wine bottle. It cut up her body, and she twisted in pain. All the wine in it was on the bin bottom, staining her fur for life. Sure, if she lived with humans it could be cleaned, but she was a wild creature and would never trust anything for help. The glass felt like sharp teeth searing into her flesh. She saw more blood and was confused. She remembered she used to drink that. Had it stayed in her all this time? But too much came out. Shock flowed through her body and her mind clicked. She managed to pry and drag herself out of the cold hard dumpster. She was fine, after some rest. She was traumatized for a very long while though.

She made friends with a bird with no name. Even though they could never speak to each other, they could communicate. Her bird would always peck the raspberries, and the boglin would always react by tossing them to her feathered companion. They had a very honest, simple friendship. Eventually, the boglin came to know herself as Raz. Named after the blackberry bush she lived in. Named after her new friends' favorite hobby. Named after her birthplace. Raz lived and ended up staying in that dumpster. She became a brave, loyal, sassy, rude, hunting boglin. Her mom would have been proud.

THE END.
Overall Summary: Raz’s mom died giving birth to her, due to complications. She drank her own mother’s blood to survive, living because of its nutrients. She travelled to the city to find a place to live and thrive. Later she realized what blood was, and what she had been drinking. Ew. Anyway, she became best friends with a bird. She turned out VERY brave, and just a little bit mentally scarred. Oh and I almost forgot, the stain on her back is a wine and blood mixture stain.

COMPLETED/DONE ;)
Last edited by Pegasusflight on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
PegasusFlight
Pegasusflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:13 pm

This is ending soon! I’m willing to extend it for a week or so if asked, however (:
Hi there!

art fight!
other cs characters™

Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:18 am

This contest will close at the end of the day unless an extension is requested by more than one person (: let me know if you still need time!
Hi there!

art fight!
other cs characters™

Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pegasusflight » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:10 am

Good luck everyone ;)! Excited to see the winner!
PegasusFlight
Pegasusflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me