mark of destiny. \\ discussion and form thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

❝ryūjin no ken wo kurae!❞

Postby Ploegy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:22 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

name; genji shimada
age; 35
gender; male
sexuality; bisexual
crush; none
nationality; japanese
species; cyborg
dragonsign; black
fandom; overwatch

hair; black
eyes; black
height; 5'7

powers / abilities; -cyber agility; genji can climb walls and perform jumps in mid-air
-swift strike; genji darts forward, slashing with his wakizashi and passing through foes in his path
-deflect; with lightning-quick swipes of his sword, genji reflects any oncoming projectiles
-dragonblade; with his katana, he summons a spirit dragon for a brief period of time

weapons; -shuriken (primary weapon)
-katana
-wakizashi

personality; as the youngest son of the master of the shimada ninja clan, genji lived a life of luxury
and privilege. he had little interest in the family's illegal businesses, and although he excelled at
and enjoyed his ninja training, he spent most of his time pursuing a playboy lifestyle. he often would
frequent arcades and spend time with female companions. given his carefree and cheerful attitude
the elders of the clan looked down upon him and warned that he could be a liability. eventually this
led to his brother gravely injuring him and he ended up in the care of overwatch. under their care
genji's personality took a major shift. he became more serious and closed off. struggling to become
comfortable with his new self, he found himself with inner conflict. instead of being the carefree
and talkative man he had once been, he became aggressive and impatient towards those around him.
he believed he was nothing more than an outcast given that he was both man and machine. however,
genji wished for nobody to pity nor fear him thus he decided to hide his face. despite many negative
traits surfacing, genji became quite passionate and agreed to dismantling his family's clan. soon he
became a wanderer and found himself under the teachings of zenyatta whom helped him come to
accept himself and be at peace. with the monk's help, genji became a calm and collected man rather
than what he had been in his youth or what he had become after being given a second chance to live.
even so, he can still act excitable at times. for the first time, genji finally feels free.

other; ignore me needing to add a second character

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: mark of destiny. \\ discussion and form thread

Postby bigwig. » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 pm

all new characters are accepted! I will add them hopefully momentarily @Plo dw I will also compulsively add a second character myself so
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goodbye... » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:23 pm

@coral.: Thank you! By the way just a head's up I might reply late because my sleep schedule is a bit backwards and I have a night shift at work but I should be able to reply late in the afternoon and late at night, I hope that's ok! ^_^
Goodbye...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm

@coral; glad to know i'm not the only one that's weak to making multiple characters. having one just doesn't feel right to me lol
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:33 pm

@ღ Tσσdlєßug ღ - dw about it; it doesn't matter when you post so much as long as you post pretty regularly or lmk if you're not going to be able to

@Ploegy - snhjf I just have to,, decide who else I want to play...then I'll probs get to work on a starter for the rp :'))
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"Just like his Father."

Postby Goodbye... » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 am

@coral.: Okie doke, will do. ^^

"I was made ready."

I'm going to add a second character too if that's alright ^_^

Name: Toby Tenma
Nickname: Astro Boy
Race: Robot
Height: 5'1

Canon or OC: Canon
Fandom: Astro Boy
Sexuality: Asexual
Crush: Open (PM if Interested)
Dragonsign: Black

Personality: Astro was created in the image of Tobio Tenma therefore he inherited his basic personality traits. Due to Tobio being a child when he died, Astro has inherited his same childlike innocence including his childlike naivety, Astro by nature has a strong sense of justice and for deciding what is right and wrong. Mostly a pacifist, Astro will not stray from using force if he has no choice, although he always tries to solve situations diplomatically. Astro is incredibly protective of family and friends and will often risk his own life to protect them from harm.

Astro is selfless, brave and kindhearted. He has a deep love for humanity, in spite of the many hardships he may face. At the end of both the 1960s anime series and Astro Boy: Omega Factor, he willingly sacrificed himself in order to save humanity from certain doom (although in the latter, he was brought back to life).

Astro's most complicated relationship is with his own creator Umataro Tenma. Although, he was treated with love and care by Tenma in the beginning, the grief left over after the death of his son Tobio took control causing Tenma to accept that a robot could not be an adequate replacement for his flesh and blood human child. Due to this realization, Tezuka slowly begins to lose his sanity and in some adaptations resorts to drinking, he begins to treat Astro poorly and even becomes outright hostile towards him leaving him stuck in dangerous situations. In most adaptations Astro is eventually sold to Hamegg's Robot Circus by Tenma and although Tenma feels legitimate remorse for his actions, fails to reconnect with Astro who mostly tries to avoid him however, in some instances tries to forgive him which results in Ochanomizu typically going out of his way to stop such a reunion.

History: Astro is a robot male with human emotions created by Umataro Tenma. Tenma created Astro in the image of his deceased son Tobio Tenma, his death being caused by a fatal car accident. After learning that Astro is robotic and therefore cannot function like a biological human boy, Tenma sold Astro to a robotic circus out of a fit of rage. Astro was forced into fighting other robots against his will in the robot circus, but was eventually rescued by Hiroshi Ochanomizu. Astro fits the embodiment of a hero, having a strong sense of justice and is always willing to defend those who can't defend themselves. A natural pacifist, he always attempts to solve situations intelligently with diplomacy. He has an extreme care for the preciousness of life, much like his real-world creator Osamu Tezuka himself.

ღ Powers/Abilities: ღ

Horsepower: Astro was designed with a 100,000 horsepower engine, making him among the most powerful robots. In some adaptations he is upgraded to 1,000,000 horsepower.
Jet-powered Flight: Astro's most commonly used power is his flight ability. He achieves this by retracting his feet into his legs and blowing exhaust out.
Digit beams: In later manga and the 1980 and 2003 series he has lasers in his fingers.
Intellect: He also has useful tools such as a brain that can speak more than 100 languages and solve tough math problems in seconds.
Laser cannon arm: In the 2003 anime he gains a powerful new weapon, a cannon in his arm which he uses in escape from volcano island to create a huge tornado of laser to save a ship from a exploding volcano. This was likely added to give Astro a big appeal to viewers of a new generation.
Posterior mounted machine guns: The new Astro Boy movie added machine guns in Astro's bottom. In the 1980's series, Astro had his machine guns in his hips, but the way it was animated made it look like they were coming out of his backside.
Hyper Adaptive/G&E: Body increases in power to match and then exceed the capabilities of stronger combatants. Astro has a intent deferent between good and evil.
Hyper Sensitive Hearing: Astro's hearing can be amplified by 1000 times.

(Note: Again if this is too OP I can tone it down if needed! Also I'm not very good at playing Canon characters so I apologize if I accidentally make either of them OOC at any point.)
Last edited by Goodbye... on Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Goodbye...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ploegy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:03 am

@coral; that is always the struggle. i had to debate if i really wanted to go two male characters or if i wanted to make a female as my second. and then i had to struggle with picking with dragonsign fit genji since i wanted to do green, but he just didn't fit there. he's gonna be confused how he's associated to a black dragonsign yet wields a green dragon lmao

also looks like the black dragonsign is becoming the machine being place. a robot and a cyborg. beautiful lol
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anne Gable » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 am

Name: Belinna Meadows

Nickname(s): Lina

Hero Identity: Demoiselle Bleue/Blue Damsel

Sexuality: Straight

Fandom: Miraculous Ladybug

Canon or Oc: Oc

Dragonsign: Blue

Hair: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Blue

Height: 5' 5"

Normal Outfit: Lina usually wears a gray flowered shirt, a medium green hooded jacket, blue jeans, and dark blue sneakers. She also wears her damselfly hairpin which is a bronze color when inactive.

Personality: Lina is a friendly ambivert, mainly deciding her level of social interaction on the amount of confidence & trust she has in any situation. Sometimes, it may be easier for her to casually chat with a couple of strangers than sing at a large birthday party for one of her friends. Other times, she isn't afraid to speak to a large crowd but is more nervous talking to a single person. Because of this, Lina generally sticks with a certain "set" of friends depending on how she feels. Her inconsistency tends to create intermittent decisions and confuse her peers. But she is resolute in choosing to be a hero and fight against evil in any way possible. As Demoiselle Bleue, she is almost always more introverted and silent to try to focus on the task at hand. This leads her to avoid mentioning her plans to the other miraculous holders and being more distant from them. However, ignoring or arguing with others is rarely a part of these plans. Whether she is a superhero or her normal self, Lina tries to remain optimistic & respectful.

History: Lina grew up learning French and English from her parents. They, being famous entomologists, also allowed her to help take care of their insects & watch some of their experiments in their lab. A couple months ago, Lina helped a man who accidentally knocked down an entire display of cans while they were visiting some extended family in New York. A few days after they returned to Paris, she received an anonymous package in the mail. Inside was a sturdy blue sketchbook, a couple of pencils, and the blue damselfly miraculous. Once Sarcelle explained everything and boosted her confidence, Lina became Demoiselle Bleue and started helping out Ladybug & Cat Noir.

Hero Appearance: Her costume is a bright turquoise skin-tight suit with horizontal black stripes up and down it that has real wings similar to that of a damselfly's attached on the back, with a matching turquoise & black striped mask that has tinted green lenses that hide her natural eye color. Her hairpin turns turquoise and has 5 black stripes on it, and her hair is put in a French braid.

Powers & Tools: When the blue damselfly miraculous is active, it grants the user the ability of flight (although it works like a regular muscle, can become sore) and gives them a sturdy pair of turquoise & black striped ribbons. The signature move of this miraculous is "Vitesse" which allows the user to move very quickly for about 10 seconds. Once it is used, the user has only 5 minutes until they transform back to normal and must feed Sarcelle some food before being able to transform again. However, they can transform back without using "Vitesse" and not have to recharge Sarcelle.

Kwami: Sarcelle resembles a blue damselfly with her turquoise body & black stripes. She also has green eyes and particularly enjoys anything peppermint. When the miraculous isn't active, Sarcelle can be seen & heard by others and so she generally stays hidden in some way near Lina.

Transformation Phrase: "Sarcelle, wings out!"/"Wings down."

Other: Art credit to me. (I apologize ahead of time for the drawing being black and white. It took me around seven tries to draw her & I didn't have any colored pencils on me at the time. I might try to redo it later.)
Anne Gable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GORDIE

Postby burnstile » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 am

GORDIE. TWENTY. MALE. BISEXUAL, FEM PREFERENCE. CRUSH OPEN. HUMAN. CANON - POKEMON
      DRAGONSIGN - BLUE. BLONDE/YELLOW HAIR. BLUE EYES. SIX FOOT. ALWAYS WEARS GLASSES.

"gordie is a young rising star that many suspect will be the champion someday. though rock-type
      pokemon are typically known for being rough and unrelenting, gordie has worked hard to achieve
      victory through a refined and graceful battle style. he always tries to keep his fans happy and thus
      is very popular among the audience. on the other hand, he has the surprising tendency of shutting
      himself away in the locker room when he is defeated, making postdefeat interviews a rarity. this
      doesn't bother most of his fans, though, and they see this behavior as endearing."

GORDIE IS A NATURAL LEADER, HE ALWAYS WANTS TO TAKE CHARGE. HE HAS STRATEGY BOTH
      IN AND OUT OF BATTLE, AND A STRONG AND LOVING HEART. HE LOVE TO BATTLE, ALWAYS
      GIVING IT HIS VERY BEST. HE NEVER QUITS OR GIVES UP, AND GIVES EVERYTHING HIS 110%
      EFFORT. HE APPEARS COLD AND HARSH AT TIMES, BUT IS A KIND SOTFIE AT HIS CORE.
burnstile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"i am neither man nor woman, but both deserve more respect than you do."

fl4k (self-named by shortening a meaningless 512 alphanumeric characters long
factory designator) is an emergent ai driven in a quest for self-discovery, fl4k
wanders from world to world accompanied by beasts. while they feel a strong
connection with the primal wisdom of animals, the social constructs of humans
are strange to them. on their endless hunt, fl4k’s loyal skag, spiderant and
jabber companions help them track and claim their quarry, be it human, vault
monster, or anything in between.

fl4k served as an indexing unit under the command of a man known as the
grand archivist, their employment was cut short when fl4k suddenly acquired
self-awareness and a "thirst for murder," as fl4k put it. at this time, whatever
brought about this sudden change in fl4k is unknown, as well as which archives
fl4k and their master were responsible for. they commonly speak of death and
refer to it as a woman as well as their “thirst for blood” being referred to as
the hunt.

┌─────────────────┐

"the hunt gnaws at the back of my mind."

name; fl4k
age; n/a
gender; non-binary
species; robot
height; seven feet one inch
dragonsign; black
fandom; borderlands

"look at that little butt-waggle."

fl4k comes with their beast companion, a skag
which is a dog-like creature, easily identified
by their strong bony armor plates, aggressive
behavior, and distinctive three-jawed mouths.
this beast is loving named mr chew and fl4k
carries a spiked pink pet-bowl for him, even
though skags are known to eat everything.
fl4k’s abilities allow them to temporarily
become invisible for about fifteen seconds,
and can occasionally teleport their skag
through a rift which they can open in any
place as long as it is within sight and near
them. mr chew is able to vomit acid.

"also, i have gained self-awareness and a thirst
for murder."

for weapons, fl4k uses a revolver which can
ricochet bullets as well as the jawbone of
an unnamed animal, repurposed as a pick.

"decomposition suits you."

└─────────────────┘

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
guar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me