Rarity Pets Novb 2019...?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Rarity Pets Novb 2019...?

Postby CaptainSpank » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm

How come it takes so long for the Rarity for Novb 2019 Pets to get published...? :o

Rarity for one Month or Event usually gets published a few Days after the Month was finished , of maybe 2 Weeks Max, but we are now 7 Weeks after Novb 2019 was finished...!?

=> Still waiting for the Rarity for Novb 2019 + Decb 2019 + Xmas 2019 + Hanukkah 2019...!?
(Rarity for some Halloween 2019 Pets that were released after 2019-11-01 has all long been published, already 2 Months ago...!?)

EDIT:
And I forgot to mention the Store Pets from Octb 2019 (Dragons by @meveh), which also didn't get their Rarity yet...

>>>

Oh...!, and @Nick, this is now 2020, you can change the "Copyright 2019"... ;)
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rarity Pets Novb 2019...?

Postby Eyulf » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:17 pm

It always takes a bit longer over the holiday season due to the December 18th pets. Once all the re-release pets have fully grown we get an update.
End of year and beginning of year rarities usually take 3 months.
My Birthday is May 7th

ImageImage
Eyulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:05 pm

OK, Thanks for your Reply, @Eyulf...

But hum..., I'm not "convinced" this is the "proper" Explanation, Novb Pets have nothing to do with (Rereleased) Decb 18th Pets, which get their Rarity as soon as they reach their 'Full-grown' Stage...

And I've never noticed in the previous Years we had to wait 3 Months before Novb Pets got their Rarity, or I would have "said" stg... Nick/Tess "simply" need(s) to run a Script for the Pets from a Month/Event to get their Rarity calculated and published, and I guess they just forgot or happen to be a bit busy with "other Things" at the moment... :/

>>>

What does happen every Year in January that (also) takes a surprisingly long Time, and this Year also again, (still missing), are the 2 Entries for "2020" in the Mouseover Menu that pops up from the "Archives" Menu.
But I already reported it, 2 years ago I think, and they "eventually" get added after a few Weeks/Months...

But I stopped using that Functionality 2 Years ago as it each time takes "a bit too long" for the new 2 Links to be added to the Navigation Menu Items, pity... :(
I now always keep 2 Tabs open on the 'Pets' + 'Items' Archives, and I navigate from there as the "2020" Link (for Pets, there are no 2020 Items yet) was added already on the 1st Day of the Year... :idea:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:32 am

Rarity updates don't just reveal the initial rarities of pets that previously had the 'rarity unknown' tag - they also re-calculate the rarities of all existing pets in the game. Pets tend to get rarer over time, after all, and we're looking to make sure the tags always accurately reflect a pet'scurrent rarity.

This makes the 18th a really big deal, because that advent gift releases a huge amount of rare+ pets back into circulation, meaning that at least for a while, the numbers for all those pets rise significantly.
    In some cases these changes have been enough to actually make pets drop to a lower rarity (sometimes temporarily, sometimes for a long time).
    So it does actually matter that the 18th happened recently, because there's no guaratee that all those pets will keep the tags they currently have.

Rarity updates nowadays do usually happen monthly, but there's no set schedule for them, and in the wake of events it may sometimes take longer, because it's easier and more efficient to wait until the event is over, so that both past monthly pets and event pets may receive their rarities (as pets' rarities are never revealed before they stop being available.)

Past updates after the advent calendar have often been delayed until well into the next year.
    Last year's first update was on January 28th. 2018's first update happened on Feb 9th. 2017's was on Feb 5th.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Thanks for your Reply/Explanation @ZEL, makes sense and I completely understand for all Re-released Pets on Decb 18th, my Qt was mostly about, and my Thread Title only mentioned "Novb 2019", and I don't think we had to wait until End of Jan/Begin of Feb the previous Years to get the Rarity for Novb Pets... (Was probably published "sometime" in the first 2 Weeks of Decb...)

I wanted to check in the "Novb Discussion" Threads for the few previous Years if it was mentioned when the Rarity had been published, when I saw your Reply, but I have a very bad Internet Connection since 2 Days, every Click takes about 20-30 Min until I manage to finally load a Page, so that's not really "workable" for me "at the moment"... :oops:

But anyway, Thanks again, especially for the Dates, I will start keeping Track also myself, and I guess we can expect within the coming 2 Weeks approx some "Big Update" about the Rarity for Novb 2019 Pets, and probably + Octb 2019 Store Pets + Decb/Advent 2019 Pets + all (older) Pets "impacted" by the Decb 18th Re-released Pets + Hanukkah 2019 Pets... And if it takes place in Feb, maybe the Jan 2020 Pets will also be included, youpidoo...! :clap:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:35 pm

Update (and "for my Information" (for next year)...):

Rarity just got published (2020-02-02) for Pets from:
- Novb 2019.
- Decb 2019.
- Jan 2020.

- Xmas 2019. (With 2x Rare!)
- Hanukkah 2019.
- New Year 2020.
- Store Pets Octb 2019. (All Rare.)
- Store Pets Decb 2019. (All VR.)
- Decb 18th 2019 (Special Releases). (Both OMGSR.)

Not published yet:
- Chinese New Year 2020. (Released 2020-01-25, available for 2 weeks... (Can still be adopted.))

>>

The Navigation Quick Links for 2020 for [Pets + Items ('Chinese NY 2020' Items are now available in the Archive)] from the 'Archives' Navigation Popup Menu are still missing... :oops:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Info] Rarity Update March 2020.

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Mini-Update:

Rarity just got recently published for Pets from:
- Feb 2020.

- Chinese New Year 2020.
- Valentine's 2020.
- Leap Year 2020.

Not published yet: (Normal, all 3 can still be adopted...)
- March 2020.
- Store Pets Feb 2020.
- St Patrick 2020.

>>

CaptainSpank wrote:The Navigation Quick Links for 2020 for [Pets + Items ('Chinese NY 2020' Items are now available in the Archive)] from the 'Archives' Navigation Popup Menu are still missing... :oops:

Good News...!, the 2x "2020" Quick Navigation Links have finally been added, after 2.5 months...! :D :thumbup:

And Copyright Info also finally got updated to "2020"...
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:17 pm

just remember, nothing is automatic, everything is updated manually. and the people who do it are real people, who do get tired ad stressed! things are pretty crazy right now with COVID-19, so things may take longer!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Info] Rarity Update April 2020.

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Mini-Update: (... "for my Information" (for next year)...)

Rarity just got recently published for Pets from:
- Store Pets Feb 2020. (All VR.)
- March 2020.
- St Patrick 2020.
- Easter 2020. (Most Token Pets = Rare.)
- April Fools 2020.

Not published yet: (Normal, all 3 can still be adopted...)
- April 2020.
- Store Pets April 2020.
- CS-BDay (12th) 2020.
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 am

'hi.
      i just wanted to tell you that maybe you shouldn't keep posting 'updates' here.
      i mean, its the mods decision if you can or can't, but i am sure people can figure it out themselves.
      maybe send yourself a pm with all of the cool facts you find?
      or write them down on paper?
      have a good day.
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me