Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

🌿 Township by khvoxtic

Based on Click to view
Artist khvoxtic [gallery]
Time spent 25 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
59 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

🌿 Township

Postby khvoxtic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 am

welcome to township!
        township is a semi-arpg based off of the animalcrossing franchise! [ specifically animal crossing newleaf ].
        in excitement for animal crossing new horizons to come out march 20th, i've decided to make an animal crossing
        villager specific adopts thread! if you have any questions, please feel free to ask on this thread, or dm me or a staff
        member personally. to learn how to begin your town's journey, please check out how to begin, below !

ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD wrote:
1/23/20 as a reminder! please remember that to level up your town properly, you must post a
form to the archives updates thread !

2/1/20 Moderator applications are open ! please click this link to submit an application !
Last edited by khvoxtic on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 26 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿 Rules

Postby khvoxtic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 am

Rules are a work in progress !
        - please treat other's how you'd like to be treated <3 ! be polite and respectful to all community members

- do not whine / harass / beg / etc for bells, villagers, items, etc. please note that these are all
        done for free. we are real people too with real lives outside of cs.

- currently there is no number of villagers that you can have in your town

- character based villagers are alright as long as the designs are not exact [ ie: pokemon ]

- any selling / buying of villagers for c$ or USD etc is illegal due to the fact that AC is already a franchise. You will
        be instantly banned from the adopts if this is something that you've done.

- already made villagers [ from the games themselves ] cannot be made into villagers

- please read all the terms and guidelines before posting / participating in things !

- to start your town, you must make a mayor through mayor registration or adopt a villager and have
        them become your mayor !

- if transferring a character into township, please make sure you have the original artists permission

- no humans allowed ;)

- have fun !
Last edited by imperials on Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿 How to Begin

STEP 1:
        head over to the town registration page to register your town. then be sure to head over to the
        mayor registration page and post the required form so you can be added onto the post and create your mayor! or
        you can try out for adopts and adopt your mayor that way!

STEP 2:
        start to level up your town! your town level starts at 0 until you complete the level 0 tasks. with every time you
        level up, please post on the archive updates thread to successfully update your town into the archive

leveling up can be done by completing the necessary prompts within your current level.

** please note: you cannot participate in the post office unless you are level 1 or higher

STEP 3:
        adopt and get more villagers for your town! this can be done in many ways; winning main thread adopts, winning
        readopts, breeding in the nursery, or getting myo/custom tickets !

STEP 4:
        start to get bells ! bells are the main currency in this arpg and can be won from participating in events, enter into
        the fishing pond, orchard, bug fields, and post office, and much more !
        when you first start out with your town, you will start out at level 0! to level up, complete the prompts below
        for each corresponding level !

level 0: [ mayor only ]
          - create your town [ post / storage ]!
          - create your mayor !

level 1: [ max 3 villagers ]
          - describe the layout of your town or draw a map of your town ! [ min: 200 words ]
          - give your mayor a personality ! [ min: 50 words ]
          - describe how your mayor became the mayor of your town ! [ min: 100 words ]

level 2: [ max 5 villagers ]
          - write a personality for one of your villagers [ min: 50 words ]
          - describe your mayors daily routine ! [ min: 200 words ]
          - make a flag for your town ! [ min: must be colored ]

level 3: [ max 10 villagers ]
          - draw / write about your mayor meeting one of your villagers for the first time [ min: 300 words ]
          - draw / commission art of one of your villagers [ min: flat color / headshot ]
          - draw / write about an interaction a villager had with another villager! [ min: flat color / scene or 100 words ]

level 4: [ max 15 villagers ]
          - describe or draw the inside of your mayors home! [ min: 200 words / lined ]
          - describe / draw one of your villagers favorite memories in town [ min: flat color / scene or 100 words ]

level 5+: [ +5 villagers per level ]
          - draw or write a scene of your choice [ min: flat color / scene or 300 words ]
          - draw or write a scene of your choice [ min: flat color / scene or 300 words ]
          - give a villager a personality or history [ min: 100 words ]
          - order / draw art of a villager [ min: flatcolor ]

level 15 [ unlock a second town that you start from level 0 with ]
Last edited by imperials on Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:12 am, edited 13 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿 Trait Guide

how do you classify villagers?
        villagers are placed into two categories within township - for every 10 basic villagers,
        there will be 1 mystic villager. mayor's can only be a basic villager.

basic villagers:
          - villagers that are already within the ac franchise. [ this only includes villagers itself, not shop NPCs / etc ]
          current basic villagers = alligator, anteater, bear, bird, bull, cat, chicken, cub, cow, deer, dog, duck,
          eastern dragon eagle, elephant, frog, goat, gorilla, hamster, hippo, horse, kangaroo, koala, lion,
          mouse, monkey, octopus, ostrich, penguin, pig, rabbit, rhino, sheep, squirrel, tiger, wolf, unicorn

mystic villagers:
          - villagers that are not within the ac franchise.
          - this includes made-up villagers like = bat species, shark species, fish species, mythical species, etc

- - - -
        how do you classify edits onto a villager?
        edits are classified in townships by two ways - minor edits and major edits. first off- only basic villagers can
        have a limitation of how many edits they can have. Basic villagers can have a maximum of 5 minor edits and
        3 major edits. You can tell these edits apart based on the severity of the edit given to a basic villager.

[ all villager edits are based on the villager species, a horn edit for a goat would be a minor edit but a horn
        edit for a wolf would be a major edit. ]

minor edits:
            minor edits are small changes to a basic villagers looks. this can include - but isn't limited to:
            - hair, fur, tail, ears, beak, etc
            ** all hair edits [ no matter the length ] is a minor edit

major edits:
            major edits are large changes to a basic villagers looks. this can include - but isn't limited to:
            - wings, horns, major tail changes, halos, multiple limbs/eyes etc
            ** major edits mainly depending on species that don't already have them as edits already.
            [ ie: a wing edit to an eagle would be a minor edit [ unless multiple wing sets ], while a wing edit to a
            wolf would be a major edit ]
Last edited by imperials on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿 FAQ

Postby khvoxtic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:58 am

Are you going to have all the shops have an npc made by you or are we allowed to have our
        villagers also be shopkeepers?

Township itself has canon "NPC" characters that replace all the "typical" animal crossing NPCs like Tom Nook,
        Blathers, etc! Though you are more than welcome to disregard those NPCs in your own town and use your
        own villagers to fill those spots or the NPCs!

Would it be okay to assign a personality type to a villager who, in the original games, never would have
        had bc of their gender ? for example i'm thinking of making my mayor a girl with a cranky personality, but in
        the games cranky villagers r only male !

As tracking villagers "personality" typing would be quite hard and also limits a persons ability to develop a villager
        in some cases, we are leaving villager typing up to open interpretation to you all!

How do you obtain Bells?

Since Animal Crossing is already an archive, we are legally not allowed to sell "Bells" or any edits / adopts / items for
        currency ! that being said, Bells will be available to obtain through things like the Fishing Pond, The Post Office,
        Bug Fields, the Orchard, and many more places ! All of these are RNG or Prompt-Related things so everyone gets the
        chance to get Bells !

Can we make a specific sub-"species" of a villager? EX: I want to make a bird villager but have it be a raven?

Yes! You can absolutely do that - though please be warned that if the changes are too much from the original " base "
        villager of that species [ ie: wanting a bird villager but having it be a toucan and changing the bill would be a major
        beak edit since its such a large change! ], it could qualify to be an edit not within your custom / myo ticket range !
Last edited by imperials on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿

Postby khvoxtic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:58 am

reserve
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌿

Postby imperials » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:58 am

open for marking !
imperials

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🌿 Township [ an ac based arpg ] marking open !

Postby anonymous dog » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:58 am

markkkk
β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
he/him
inactive
directioner
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
anonymous dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🌿 Township [ an ac based arpg ] marking open !

Postby jasps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:59 am

Hehe mark

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
❝ Π‘Π»Π°Π²Π° Π£ΠΊΡ€Π°Ρ—Π½Ρ– | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him