Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby Sixbane » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:17 am

@Kat Congrats on the kiddo! she's beautiful; I actually got my girl just the 23rd so i totally feel that, 100% in love
@ FLYBOY What beautiful snakes, I love the patterns on the Batik Morph especially, I'd love the chance to get to go to a reptile expo myself but the closest one here is like the next state over so it'd be a whole trip aaah
@ foxxbreath Im glad the switching feeding types went well for you! My kiddo is still young so I'm hesitant to switch her stuff up for the same reason. It could also just be a breeding thing that she's small rather than eating or stunted growth too? depending on if you know where she came from

Hello! I've never posted here before but im tryin to chat around more so I figure a good place to start is somewhere I can share my little reptiles since theyre my favorite !

my family is very Anti Any-pet-thats-not-a-dog, so it took forever to get them (Years!) of research and interest before I decided i'd just buy them myself and if I get fussed at i get fussed at lol.
I have two kids though!

This is Myron, He's a mack snow morph (i believe) leopard gecko! He's probably about 1 1/2, I got him when he was a very tiny baby
(He really loves his dinosaur eggs)

And the newest addition to my family, Macaroni and cheese! (Or, Macki) I got her just before christmas
She's a 19 inch ~5-6 mon Pastel morph ball python
She's friendly, eating well, and just had her first shed with me too!
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WhiteWater ; » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:14 am

replies wrote:
@FLYBOY oh my lord... that blood is gorgeous! do you have anything else in your collection? I love the more out-of-box species like that!
@foxxbreath really happy you were able to get her switched over to live! sounds like it wasn't half as big of the struggle that most people have to put up with when switching!!
@sixbane yo yo! very handsome leo you have there! I actually have I think 2 or 3 of those triple dinosaur hide/bowls that I have no use to right now lol, mine would get stuck!! maybe my babes are just laking on the intelligence side of things, haha!

hey all! not sure if any of you remember me! i used to be around quite often, but then so much happened and i had to take a hiatus from the internet as whole pretty much, and when i came back i focused a lot on art here on CS then I did really chatting, so im totally looking to change that in the new year! (also because of a brand new gaming rig sooo!!!

so, for those of you who have no clue who I am - which is probably most of ya - I am in Eastern Canada, where we don't have too much for reptile expos or such. I am an avid enthusiast, reptiles are my everything. I plan to someday soon, hopefully, open up a small shop that specializes in enclosures and supplies for exotic reptiles and fish - as well as stock locally bred animals and also offer a rescue/rehome/safe space and even do educational shows!!! For now, however, I just have my designated reptile room, which is almost always undergoing small renovations currently lol. Leopard geckos and ball pythons are two of my favorite species, and in my opinion are awesome for newer hobbyists and experienced keepers! Though the more exotic and rare you go, the more you get into my passions!

right now, i haven't got anything too extreme, the following;

7x leopard geckos
- giant murphy's leopard gecko - "rexy" - female
- red stripe (paradox spot) - "delta" - female
- eclipse-eyed cyclone - "blue" - female
- tangerine carrot-tail - "echo" - female
- tangerine carrot-tail - "charlie" - male
- unknown juvenile - "peatree" - female (?)
- possible giant - "hatch" - male

1x bearded dragon - "Aladar" - male (just had my old rescue pass, thinking she was at least 14!)
1x pewter ball python - "Bentley" - male
1x dh snow boa - "Hestia" - female
1x mississippi map turtle - "Jackson" - male
1x phelsuma standingi - "Everest" - male (very hard to find. hoping to find a female or a young pair)
4x hermit crabs (common pp)

would post pictures - but don't have enough space for that haha! I am in the process of making a profile somewhere that includes all of them, so once I get that up I will link an album!!

hope to be around a lot more now, but this is just a lil intro!
WhiteWater ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wingsofsilver » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi guys!

Just found this thread. Here are my babies. <3

Boo, male firefly ball python. Named for the markings on his side that look like ghosts.

Aelin, female queen bee ball python. Named for Aelin Galathynius Ashryver Whitethorn, my favorite character in the Throne of Glass series. Can't see it here, but her eyes are blue/green with gold around the middle, like Aelin's.

And our crested gecko baby. Don't know the gender yet but name will be Lawrence if a boy, Rose if a girl. Image
I like trades so please don't hesitate to make one. <3
Trading FR Treasure/Items/Dragons for Tier 7 List Dogs
FR Dragons for Sale
wingsofsilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:16 pm

WhiteWater ; wrote:
@FLYBOY oh my lord... that blood is gorgeous! do you have anything else in your collection? I love the more out-of-box species like that!

Thank you!! Right now, all the snakes I have are: the batik blood, arctic hog, a stripe ksb, a mosaic cali king, a sunbeam snake, an amel corn, and a normal ball python. I also much prefer the more unusual species tbh, and I enjoy having a big variety so I can kind of experience what makes each species unique. I have a lot of other things on my wishlist but at this point I'm practically running out of room!

Speaking of... I made the mistake of looking for snakes people are selling locally and now there's a gorgeous tricolor hognose and a big female boa constrictor that I'm very tempted to add to my collection. It helps that the enclosures are included with both of them, the boa comes with a vision cage that's worth $800+ new, so I'm gonna have a really hard time passing that up tbh
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demolition lovers » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:29 pm

ooh just rediscovered this!! i got my second beardie this summer, after my sweet neville passed away from cancer. i wasn’t planning on getting another one, i was so so miserable still from losing my companion. frodo dragons is a sweet boy who’s now around six months old. i saw him at a pet store (i know i know hold on) up for adoption because he had been put in with big ones that ATE HIS FREAKING TOES! so i went in to get fish food and left with a baby beardie who has only one full foot, th others are missing a couple toes, and one foot only has one toe and no foot. where neville was suuuuper lazy and picky, frodo is very very active and enjoys everything except for fruit. I’ll eventually post pictures of his funky feet.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖
𝕣𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

demolition lovers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frog mother » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 am

my breeding pair. they're in a 40 gallon tote!

left is the male, his name is quetzalcoatl. right is the female, her name is val and i've had her the longest

i try to provide enrichment in my tubs
frog mother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:27 am

Dongle Cochin wrote:Image

my breeding pair. they're in a 40 gallon tote!

left is the male, his name is quetzalcoatl. right is the female, her name is val and i've had her the longest

i try to provide enrichment in my tubs

I love the male's name! Your tub looks great too
All opossums are good opossums

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cranberries » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:47 am

my beardie randomly died very suddenly... there was nothing i could do. no vets were open that late and he died right after i woke up the next morning... he was only 8 months old :(

here are some pictures of him: https://imgur.com/gallery/YgSzgSo
Commissions are open! PM for info c:
Cranberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Cranberries wrote:my beardie randomly died very suddenly... there was nothing i could do. no vets were open that late and he died right after i woke up the next morning... he was only 8 months old :(

here are some pictures of him: https://imgur.com/gallery/YgSzgSo

i'm sorry for your loss, losing a good friend is so hard. he was very handsome and looks like he was very happy with you.
All opossums are good opossums

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nano. » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 am

hello peopleee, nano here. i have four snakes - a blind rescue ball python called gaia, an ex-show snake albino western hognose called athena and two corn snakes called eurydice and odysseus (i got the myth wrong lol). my first reptile was a corn snake called bob, he was v sweet but not great with food and died at around 7 years old in march.
i'm looking at getting a tortoise at some point. i live in the uk. does anyone have any advice whatsoever? i don't know much so i'm open to all info ^^
nano.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me