Arbours~ Adoptable Species (Adopts Posted!)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Arbours~ Adoptable Species (Adopts Posted!)

Postby ArisuV » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:48 am

【Arbours~】

Hello! Introducing the Arbours!

Arbours are a CLOSED species, you are NOT allowed to make one without having a MYO ticket!

What are Arbours?
Arbours are tree-dwelling creatures that can be found worldwide. The largest populations are found in the Redwood forests, but a lot are also found in the Spruce forests that border the Tundra. The Arctic variant has much longer fur and a slightly different religion than the other kinds.
They all feature long striped prehensile tails that grip branches to help them keep their balance, large ears that help them hear at night when they can't see(They do not have night vision), long claws that dig into the bark, retractable front claws, sharp teeth as their main diet is meat though they will also eat berries, and most will have a star pattern on them somewhere on their bodies. (The chest being the most common)

What are their religions?
Arbours live their lives dedicated to the stars! They believe the stars will tell them their purpose in life if they respect them. They have dreams that will allude to something they should do (Perhaps they needed to move their settlement to avoid a forest fire, or they had to stock up on medical supplies to battle a plague. It's their purpose in life to convince everyone else to do those things). The arctic variant has nearly the same beliefs, but with the Aurora Borealis rather than the stars. They believe when the Aurora appears, someone would learn their purpose.

How do they live?
Arbours all live in treetops, no matter where they live or what type of tree they live in. They construct buildings that act as nests out of sticks, shedded fur for insulation, moss for the same reason if available, and twine. Despite not having thumbs, their dew claws act like one and they have full control over them. They are very social creatures and will live in packs of up to 200 or more if space allows!
They all pitch in to take care of the kits(babies) and can have up to 3 kits per litter, though 1 or 2 is much more common. The more kits a mother has in one litter, the more likely a mutation will occur in one of the babies.
Arbous all help each other in their daily lives, from building nests, to raising the kits, to hunting, to taking care of the sick and elderly. However, they do have 1 or 2 leaders of the pack that are called alphas like with wolves. They do not rule with an iron fist, they lead with example. If something has to be done, the alphas will start it first. They take care of morale and are the most trusted members. There can not be two alphas of the same gender.

Image Image Image

This is their rarity sheet! A little hard to see, but they are about the size of a very large wolf, perhaps a little bigger.
More mutations will be unlocked as time goes on!
Not listed:
All ears are standard. (Except for more than one pair, that would be a mutation)
All tails are the same as pictured. (Unless very short, that would be a mutation)

(All decals in post are free to use from an offsite)
Last edited by ArisuV on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
ArisuV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby ArisuV » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:01 am

Rules!

-Do not make your own-
-No spamming
-Be kind to everyone
-No reselling for money without adding extra art
-No reselling for at least a month after you got it
-There is no limit as to how many you can own, but do not hoard them, please!
-You can buy one per batch (So basically one per week)
(**The only exception to this rule is if you were given permission or if the batch contains over 10 adopts, then you can buy 2.)
-Trading is allowed, but it is not monitored. If you feel a trade is unfair, that's up to you to decline or alter it.
-You are not allowed to change or alter your Arbour unless you have an item for it.
(**This includes gender. The first pick is up to you, but it is not allowed to be changed unless you have an item)

I will be keeping a directory as to who has what, though it will not be on CS. If you need a reminder as to what you have, feel free to shoot me a message!
Last edited by ArisuV on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
ArisuV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adopts!

Postby ArisuV » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:01 am

Adopts!

All adopts are watermarked. Once bought, unwatermarked larger picture will be sent to the buyer. There will usually be a new batch of adopts released every week or so! I'll work out a specific weekday soon!

Mushroom Themed
Arctic Variant
Common Claws
Common Mane
Common Eyes
Star on stomach

SB: 5C$
MI: 5C$
AB: None yet

Current Bid:

Alien themed
Standard Variant
Uncommon Claws (Glossy)
Common Mane
Common Eyes
Mutation x2 (Antenna and antenna spines)
Star on chest

SB: 20C$
MI: 5C$
AB: None yet

Current Bid:
Last edited by ArisuV on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ArisuV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby ArisuV » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:01 am

Reserved for Breeding and others!

You can post beyond this message!!
ArisuV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arbours~ Adoptable Species (Adopts Posted!)

Postby Shippo Kitsune » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:29 am

Like I said, these are super cute, I can't wait to see more!

(Friendly bump since people are missing out)
Shippo Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nova Nightshade » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:19 am

These are so cute xwx I'd love to see more of them being made. c: I would love to adopt the first one <3
Nova Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shippo Kitsune » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:48 am

TBH if the orange guy isn't gone by next month (Jan 4th or so) I am probably going to get him, he's growing on me XD or the black/green one.....now he's got my eye too.....crud.
Shippo Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me