Based on Click to view
Artist MySpoons [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Valley of Kings-- #269

Postby MySpoons » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:09 am

To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

Prompt E3 wrote:Write a story about an accessory the lion has found and why and how they decided to keep it with them. 500 word minimum

Cannot be anything larger than the lion’s head.

This is prompt E3. To win this lions, write at least 500 words for the prompt. The winner will have their described accessory added to the lion! Please, no images c: ENDS on the 24th of NOV at CS Rollover.

ITEM: a rough cut purple gem embedded into his shoulder.

Username: dewly_noted
Lion Name: Icarus
Lion Gender: male
Pride: The ambivalent
Pride Status: member

Last edited by MySpoons on Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings-- #269

Postby Mid-life » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Username: mid-life
Lion Name:
Lion Gender:
Pride:
Pride Status:
What item did this lion find?500 word minimum, no images!

reserving with a tail cuff that was left behind in nafasi by an intruder (evil spirit / demon)
mostly inactive. i've grown out of CS, however, it will always be part of my story and i will always carry fond memories of this site. I have tried many times in recent to become active again, but it has been difficult to find that imaginative and childish spark I once had visiting this site. i wish everyone well and hope that you find fruitfulness on and off of CS <3 thank you for the wonderful 11 years, ciao!
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Username: bed time
Lion Name: cassius
Pride: dark river pride
Pride Status: fighter
What item did this lion find?

"cassius, are you ready for your first patrol?"

cassius was brought back to reality at the sound of his father's voice. he swiveled his ears towards him and nodded curtly. despite his confident face, his stomach was pooling with dread and anxiety. this was the first time he had left camp officially.

"i found something!"

the patrol sped up and met near a rock that had bones of a large bird laid out carefully, almost as if it was art. all of the lions glared at the bones. cassius could tell that his fellow pridemates took this as a threat. from what, they didn't know, but it was a threat nonetheless.

"we have to report this!" cassius' father growled. murmurs of agreement arose from the rest of the patrol.

"cassius," his father whipped his head towards his son. "take these bones back. get a good whiff of the scent."

cassius nodded, and picked up as many bones as he could fit in his maw. the young lion ran back to the camp, his lungs burning.
Last edited by epilogue on Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:01 am

Username: Lavellan
    Lion Name: Ehiztari
    Lion Gender: Male/Lion
    Pride: Flame Valley Pride
    Pride Status: Hunter
      With lips curled tight over bared teeth in a silent snarl, the young lion watched the lizard, sneaking slowly, carefully, silently. Ehiztari sneaked across the flat ground, getting to pouncing distance before laying flat, ensuring that the lizard wouldn’t spot him until it was too late. Feeling the anticipation bubbling up his spine, he pulled back, ready to launch upon his kill, but a flash of white descended first, clasping the small lizard within pointed beak before flying away. Ehiz stood, unbelieving, as the little bird flew away, his prey in its beak.

“That’s a shrike.” Came the voice of his tutor, calm and slightly amused. “Pesky little blighters, really. They eat our smaller preys, like mice, lizards, frogs, all the stuff you’re hunting for.” The older male’s chuckle drove anger through Ehiz’ blood, as though the tutor were mocking him. “They’re just annoying, Ehiztari. You’ll learn to recognize the signs that they are near, and be able to hunt despite them."

So, learning to recognize them, that was all well and good. But, a gray and white bird swept in and stole his prey four consecutive times, and each stolen prey item was a day that he wasn’t graduating to hunter. These dastardly birds were stopping him from returning to camp with a kill, and he couldn’t get out of apprenticeship without it.
      And so, he made it his mission to learn the signs. He began to recognize the song of the bird, learning when they were relaxing, and, more importantly, where. He learned quickly the signs of their territories, too, quickly recognizing the gruesome way that they store their prey. A shrike keeps its prey in its own form of a prey pile, but instead of piling it together like the lions might, they keep it hung upon a thorn bush, an unnerving sight for a young lion to stumble across.
      But Ehiztari was determined.
      And he waited.

It took him three days to find himself the perfect spot. It took a further three for him to not be noticed by the little bird any more. And, then, one evening, as the sun was dipping below the horizon, the little bird landed upon his perch, settling down upon the bush for his evening’s rest.
      His final mistake.
      With an audible snarl, the noise both full of anger and delight, Ehiz leaped, claws extended, landing firmly upon his prey. What he hadn’t accounted for, however, was the thicket of thorns that the bird perched upon, and, with a yowl of pain of his own, Ehiz tumbled through the sharp spikes.
      Grumbling to himself, the apprentice sat out of the thicket, using his teeth to pull brambles from his pelt. He had his victory, and his first kill... But dang, he couldn’t return to the pride with thorns littering his pelt.

When most of the thorns were removed, the gray lion marched back to the camp, head high and first kill presented to the King. Upon the spot, the young apprentice was granted full hunter status. His prey was added to the kill pile... Unceremoniously.
      He felt somewhat bad about it. That bird had ruined his career for a number of weeks, but now was cast aside.
      “What’s up?” Came a chirpy voice from his side, and he turned to spot one of his best friends, the healer’s apprentice, plopping herself down at his side.
      “I dunno... I feel like I tried so hard to get that bird and... Now it’s just a bit of a mouthful for someone.” He didn’t mean for the disappointment to lace his words so fully.
      “The shrike? You caught it?” Her voice came so enthusiastically, earning only a nod in the direction of the kill pile. He felt the lioness’ gaze burning into the side of his face, before seeing her disappear. Furrowing his brow, he watched her dart over to the pile, grab the bird, and dart back to the healer’s den.

Scratching his head, wondering what she could have been up to, he didn’t see her for three days. On the third day, she reappeared, feathers dangling from her mouth. Through gritted teeth, she murmured out a greeting before dropping it to the ground at his feet.
      He studied the object. There were two shrike feathers, bound together at the quill by some scavenged wire. The wire soared upwards to a shining stone, the running wire soaring straight through the middle. The wire curved around in a hook at the top, almost like a claw.
      “What is-”
      “Shh, and lie down.”
      Watching the apprentice warily, he lay down, but soon leaped upwards as a searing pain shot through his ear. Skittering sideways, feeling like a weight was pulling him downwards, he pawed at his head, feeling the contraption dangling from his ear.
      “Wha-”
      “Shh, and thank me later. Now, you’ll always remember the pest who kept you from your hunting!”
      “How did you-”
      “I found most of it. I just added the feathers on the end-”
      “No, how did you get it in?!”
      At that, she just laughed, turning away from the male.
      “And how do I get it out?!”

He never got an answer. And so, now, years later, the earring still hangs from his ear, the pair of white feathers, decorated with two black stripes down either side, being cleaned along with his pelt. The gemstone, shining with a gentle purple hue even still, sits above, dancing in the light. And the hook remains, sitting cleanly within his ear, and, even if he could take it out, he wouldn’t want to.
932 words
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Username: irockwaffleking
Lion Name: Maleko
Lion Gender: Lion
Pride: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4186402&hilit=DNP
Pride Status: Warrior

Maleko didn't look as fierce as he wanted. HIs fluffy mane often flopped in a way some thought was cute and he was scrawny. He wasn't fully grown yet so he had a small stature and it bugged him. He had dreams of being a strong warrior, a lion that would be feared on the battlefield or by the gazelle. Right now his roar didn't even always scare them away.

One day while practicing sneaking up on prey (the small bird so far hadn't noticed him) his eyes caught something pearly shining by the river bank. He deserted the bird and walked towards it, nudging the object with his paw. Freed from the loose sand it was clear what is was, a lone alligator tooth. He grinned at how fierce it looked.

As the sun set he went back to the pride and asked around for something to string it on. He tied the string around the base and fashioned a sort of necklace. He put it on and quickly ran over to the river to look at his reflection. He couldn't stop the smile from forming, it looked a trophy! Like he had single handedly taken the alligator down!

It was a point of pride for Maleko and he showed it to all of his friends. He took it off as little as possible as he loved it dearly.

Maleko grew older, time went by and he grew bigger. He grew into his mane even though it still was linger except now it had a more rugged look than that of a lion drowning in fur. His growl was now menacing as well and he had been training to live up to his namesake, to become a great warrior.

After days of training the day came, he was old enough to participate in the challenge that if won would make him a warrior. One other lion was vying to be a warrior. The two waited as the pride watched, no one knew except Makanui what the challenge would be. Finally she spoke, the challenge would be to singlehandedly take down a hippo. There would be lions on the side in case things took a turn for the worst but for the most part no one would help. The other lion went forth, it crept forward and went to strike but the hippo reared its head and bit down on its tail. After more attempts eventually the lion gave up exhausted and slightly injured.

It was Maleko's turn.

Unlike the other lion he didn't start on land, he started in the water. His movement mimicked that of a crocodile as he gracefully swam before striking the hippo from underneath and darting away. Slowly but surely through tempting and nipping the hippo came onto land and Maleko defeated it there. He victoriously shook his fur of any water, proud and grinning.

From then on he became known as Alligator and he hasn't taken the necklace off since, believing it to be good luck. Now prides from all around know him as Alligator, the fearsome lion with the shining alligator tooth necklace.
Last edited by Mercuré on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoSt In PrOgReS » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:18 am

Username: Lost In Progres
Lion Name: Aeos
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: Eternal snow
Pride Status: Archivist
Aeos padded along the teritory. He felt like he should be more carefull, but this morning a sudden surge of confidence had rushed trough him. It was almost as if something was calling him, somewhere outside. Now if only he could see what it was. He felt the sudden urge to run, to find this strange calling. But Aeos knew. It was better not to, the danger of falling too big to take.

Stll though, he kept walking. That is, untill he noticed a small spot of cyan in his usual black. Aeos stopped. He tilted his head, confused. He found it odd, he had never heard of anything like that before. After taking a step toward it however, he found the ground under his paw missing. He growled, upset. He had to find out what this was, but ofcourse there had to be something in the way. He soft laid down on his stomach, hoping this was just a small ledge rather than an cliff. He sighed as he could not find the ground ahead of him. Standing up, he decided the best approach would be, for now, to just try and walk around it.

Once again turning around to try and walk to the cyan spot, Aeos reached out his paw, once again, to see if the path is clear. He quickly pulled his paw back though, surprised to feel something wet. Wet? Had he been at the lake all this time? He wasn’t sure, but he still saw the cyan. Seemingly straight ahead of him. Aeos felt tempted. He put one paw in the water, the other one following swiftly. For a moment, Aeos wondered how long he could keep walking before finally being forced to swim. He continued to step into the water, his usual watchful demeanor seemingly left behind. And so he swam.

It didn’t last long though. Suddenly, he felt someone grab him, dragging him out of the water. He trashed, confused and annoyed. He had been so close! “Are you even listening?!” An angry voice called out. Boyle. Aeos grunted annoyed. “There’s something there Boyle! I was so close to getting it!” He shouted back, clearly annoyed. Boyle was quiet for a moment, before answering in a gruff voice “You can’t even see, Aeos. How were you planning to get to whatever you were looking for, huh?” Aeos rolled his eyes a d walked back to the cyan that seemed to call him. “It’s right there!” He called to Boyle, stubbornly walking back into the water. He wasn’t yanked back this time, but he did still feel Boyle’s body behind him.

Boyle didn’t talk much after that. He just seemed to follow Aeos. Getting closer, he could not only see that beautiful cyan getting closer and closer, he could also hear it. Like a soft chime, gently calling him. Boyle seemed to hear it too, as Aeos heard a quiet confused “what?” Just behind him. Aeos sushed the voice behind him, still swimming forward. Not long after, however, he felt ground under his paws, and he scrambled to get back to dry land. He was so close!

Boyle carefully called to him “You sure that’s safe, Aeos?” He asked, and for the first time in a while Aeos stopped to think. He wasn’t sure what had snatched his attention, but he only realized now just how much this strange thing has taken over. “What is it?” He softly asked to the other lion. He heard a huff, but no immediate answer untill he raised an eyebrow in, what he hoped was, Boyle’s direction. “It’s just... a necklace, I guess?” Aeos sighed, at which Boyle added “It has thee feathers. Blue ones. Two silver bells besides the middle feather. Besides that, I don’t see anything special about it.” Aeos sighed. He wanted to touch the necklace. And so he did.

What he saw would never fail to amaze him. Because he saw. Looking up, still with his paw on the necklace, he could see Boyle’s confused face. Just lines, cyan lines, but still, he could see. He gasped. But as soon as he removed his paw from the necklace, the “vision” was gone. Slowly putting his paw back onto the necklace, the vision returned. He saw Boyle’s paw, reaching out, before he huffed and said “Nothing special, huh? Not sure why you look so amazed, Aeos.” Aeos simply looked Boyle in his eyes “I can see, Boyle.” Looking around though, he did realize he could only see a bit ahead of him, but still. Maybe now he could finally actually help the pride. He picked the necklace up, then glancing at Boyle “I can... keep it, right?” He asked Boyle, hopefully. He watched as Boyle still seemed confused, before shrugging and saying “If that means you will stop running, sorry, swimming off, you can do whatever. But it’s best to head back now. You [i]do[\i] realize we, have been looking for you all day, right?” (831 words)

Note: I really hope this makes sense TwT I don’t usually write, so I am sorry if this seems confusing.
Last edited by LoSt In PrOgReS on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toyhou.se | Valley of kings | Deviantart
She/her | CET
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 35 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
LoSt In PrOgReS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Username: dewly_noted
    The ambivalent was a new home, a place where after a long life Icarus had finally found a place where he could belong in peace. He had spent lifetimes travelling between prides, staying for what felt like a month to him but was a generation for those around him. A lifetime of lifetimes. When he first found lions like him, who's clock of age didn't quite tick after hitting adulthood, he was overjoyed.

For the first time, a month to him didn't end with all his friends old and dying, those around him stayed the same, all the while evolving in character and emotions.

Of course there was a catch.

Those around him didn't age, just like him but they did posses unique powers, strange abilities and weird forms. Those quirks made them assets to the pride and made him feel like a liability.

That was until one day.

Stepping through the mountainous hills it was a day of average worth when something cold hit his paw, a shrill feeling overwhelming his senses and ringing through his ears, a voice echoing through his mind.

"Hello"

He reeled back the sensation leaving him and where his paw had once been a shiny rough cut purple gem laid harmless and glimmering.

It took a moment of heavy breathing and shakey looking around for Icarus to put two and two together, a cautious greeting escaping his maw in return to the voice he had heard.

"Hello?"

There was no response in return.

After moments of consideration and contemplation he reached out and tapped the stone, the feelings hitting him like a train once more as the voice echoed out.

"My name is Casmere"

As much as his senses screamed at him to pull away from the stone, curiosity was a driving force and his paws stayed firmly on the stone. Over time the shrill ringing began to dull into a faint background noise.

"Nice to meet you?"

Icarus attempted at some form of casual conversation, his sense of normality beating down on him for talking to something that wasn't a lion. It called him crazy as he looked around scanning for the source of the voice that he was beginning to believe echoed from his mind.

"Perhaps, I see into your mind child of no unique ability, I see the way you crave to be welcomed as a lion of equal skill to your pride mates. I can offer you great power should you accept. A power unique and far more useful than anything they may have."

Icarus froze at the words that echoed in his mind, paw yanking back from the crystal. It was all too much, to risky, to tempting.

He left.

His resolve quickly faded and a day later he was back upon the mountainous hills staring down at the gem, thinking over his options.

He reached out and touched the surface of the gem but this time there was no overwhelming sensations, no uncomfortable feelings just a calm gentleness like the gem itself new that his mind had changed and the change was welcomed.

"Have you considered my offer, let me tell you the rest of my conditions."

Icarus was silent, a quick nod to show he was listening. A nod he realised probably fell on a blind gem.

"I become one with you, I travel with you, you show me the world through your eyes. It's been so long since I saw the world through the eyes of the living."

A long silence before the gem spoke again.

"Are you willing?"

There was little Icarus had to think about.

"Yes."

Suddenly the chaotic noise returned to his mind and a strange feeling echoed over his paw, a crawling feeling like a bug at latched onto him. He stepped back, gem attached to his paw and watched in a panic as the gem shifted around his paw, travelling across his leg before settling on his shoulder. Just like that it was attached, held to his body and stuck firm. The noise dulled until it was completely gone, the voice of the crystal whispering out faintly in his mind.

"Thank-you."

He expected some power to flow through him but nothing happened, for the briefest moment he wondered if he had been tricked, that was until he had returned to the camp and the power quickly became evident.

Everyone's face was honest.

Karllè had greeted him with a stern face and an angry voice but all that Icarus could see was the truth, that underneath her scowled features she was concerned for him, that she cared deeply for him and his heart became lighter at the thought.

Everyone's face was the same, regardless of the mask they wore he could read what was truly on their mind. He knew everyone for who they were in a matter of days and in doing so home became more at home. His new accessory was noticed by his pride mates but with his new ability he could play anyone for a fool. After all, he knew what was going through their mind, but they didn't know his.

He found his place in the pride. The teller of truths, the one who could read any face and know the honest intentions of those who wore expressions like lies.

He was content.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:44 am

Extending until tonight at Rollover!
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 pm

dewly_noted wrote:Username: dewly_noted
-snipped--

i cannot believe this was so hard to judge! congrats to dewly_noted, I'll add the accessory soon!

Lost In Progres, a very close second!

For all of you, you can hold onto these prompts you've written and apply an item to your lion! The way that works is, you choose a lion of yours then PM the artist or post on that lion's adoption page with the prompt. Then the artist will add the item to the official ref of your lion!

If any of you want your items to be added to your lions and I'm the artist, let me know!
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left